PDA

View Full Version : why can't emule find files

david02
09-06-2006, 07:13 PM
Hi,

I find it strange that when I am downloading a certain file and I know a user has the file shared (I downloaded a chunk from him before and I see it in his share list, it is complete) still emule will not start to download from him or put me in his queue)

I see this often...

Why is that?

greetings

limesqueezer
09-06-2006, 07:48 PM
Depends on many things like:
-number of people that have the file; if the only source left, bad for you :(
-unfinished file
-Low-id from you, because you haven't configured ports, bad firewall
-the server you connected to is dead
-shitty client that doesn't work or its banned & detected

When you will understand Emule more you will either like it or go with the next easy to use program.

david02
09-06-2006, 08:33 PM
Thank you for your reply,

I think it is the first reason you mentioned. The file is very rare.... only one or two users have the file complete with a bunch of people who are waiting for chunks.

My ID is HI so that is not the problem and I use the official emule client and connect to serveral different servers just to try if that makes a difference.

The problem is that the file I want is so rare it cannot be found on any other network... I tried them all :((

Hmmm nothing more to do than wait for 1 or 2 chunks a week

greetz

peat moss
09-07-2006, 02:23 AM
Maybe try a different program like Bittorrennt , I can't ask what program your looking for ,as I would get you and me in trouble but check your PM .

I should mention that I use and like E-mule for it's simplicity . It does n't hurt to try other P2P programs tho . Its not like a Anti virus or firewall program where you can only have one installed , I have 3 or 4 I use to find my rare music or software programs . :)