PDA

View Full Version : What Common Sense Always Told You...

Busyman
09-08-2006, 05:26 PM
...and now it's on video. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=wiCAJ8ULnaI)

GepperRankins
09-08-2006, 05:35 PM
this genre of TV has been around in britain forever :ermm:

Chewie
09-08-2006, 07:03 PM
I don't doubt this sort of thing goes on everywhere; it's certainly rife in franchises in the UK.
That Joel Grover is patronising git, isn't he?

Skiz
09-08-2006, 07:30 PM
That Joel Grover is patronising git, isn't he?

And a bit light in the loafers too. :ghey:

As for the story, I always change my own oil, coolant, etc. If I have anything major that needs work, I always take my truck to the dealership. I've always though that the work there is a bit better in quality, but who knows. :huh:

I always liked the quote George Castanza on Seinfeld makes about car repairs:

Well, of course they're trying to screw you. What do you think?

That's what they do. They can make up anything. Nobody knows. "By the

way, you need a new Johnson rod in there." "Oh, a Johnson rod. Yeah, well,

you better put one of those on."

MagicNakor
09-08-2006, 08:10 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/58/Ric_romero.jpg

:shuriken:

Chewie
09-08-2006, 10:16 PM

As for the story, I always change my own oil, coolant, etc. If I have anything major that needs work, I always take my truck to the dealership. I've always though that the work there is a bit better in quality, but who knows. :huh:
rolf
That's such an appropriate 'smiley'.

The term 'gullible' is perhaps a touch unfair for people getting duped by Jiffy-Lube and Kwik-Fit. If only even half of them would actually do as you or I... if only.
Anyone with a modicum of common sense can and should perform their own oil, antifreeze and spark plug changes. Brake pads or shoes are only a small step from there.

CrabGirl
09-08-2006, 10:45 PM
I can change me own shoes thank you!

Tempestv
09-08-2006, 11:15 PM
another reason to do my own work- speaking of which, I need to change my oil this weekend

Busyman™
09-08-2006, 11:21 PM

rolf
That's such an appropriate 'smiley'.

The term 'gullible' is perhaps a touch unfair for people getting duped by Jiffy-Lube and Kwik-Fit. If only even half of them would actually do as you or I... if only.
Anyone with a modicum of common sense can and should perform their own oil, antifreeze and spark plug changes. Brake pads or shoes are only a small step from there.

Changing oil and spark plugs has nothing to do with common sense.:dry:

Chewie
09-09-2006, 01:18 AM
Why do you think not?

Busyman™
09-09-2006, 02:55 AM
Why do you think not?

Changing oil and spark plugs doesn't fall into the "general knowhow" department.

I think hooking up a telephone line is quite easy and basic but joe public won't.

Seedler
09-09-2006, 03:18 AM
ghey mechanics.

Chewie
09-09-2006, 06:16 AM
Why do you think not?

Changing oil and spark plugs doesn't fall into the "general knowhow" department.

I think hooking up a telephone line is quite easy and basic but joe public won't.
I disagree. :)
Changing oil takes no technical knowhow and changing spark plugs is often no more difficult than changing a lightbulb.
No, you're right. There's plenty of people that can't even do that. :(

Busyman™
09-09-2006, 01:45 PM

I disagree. :)
Changing oil takes no technical knowhow and changing spark plugs is often no more difficult than changing a lightbulb.
No, you're right. There's plenty of people that can't even do that. :(

It may not be hard to do but it is also not common.

Common sense may involve something like

If a buncha bees are attacking you, don't sit there and try and spray them with a water hose.

Someone died like that recently.

peat moss
09-09-2006, 02:46 PM
Mechanics always amazed me , my father in-law can re and re a transmission on a Saturday afternoon but calls me over to set up his new remote or fix his computer . :blink:

100%
09-09-2006, 04:36 PM
It's not only mechanics

peat moss
09-09-2006, 06:05 PM
It's not only mechanics

Oh I know Zed , I just wondered how one could make a tranny out of two fecked ones but can't set his VCR . 12:00 , 12:00 flashing like crazy ....:rolleyes: