PDA

View Full Version : Firefly

oo3
09-09-2006, 08:58 AM
I just got finished watching the first and only season of Firefly again, and watched Serenity.

It's so sad that there's no continuation.

Anybody think they'll come out with a second season?

One can only hope...

mr. nails
09-09-2006, 12:17 PM
yeah, i watched the first season awhile back and then serenity as it came to the theatre. there's talk of a 2nd season, but doubtful that that will happen. gay, they killed off the pilot. i also dug this series and wish for continuation!

{I}{K}{E}
09-09-2006, 12:30 PM
there won't be a second season. I've read that there may be a second movie ('Straight-to-DVD')

mr. nails
09-09-2006, 01:15 PM
there may be a second movie ('Straight-to-DVD')

i'll take what i can get.

Fedders
09-09-2006, 07:03 PM
Here is the website to the second season http://www.fireflyseason2.com/index.asp
Does anybody know why Fox cansiled the show?

{I}{K}{E}
09-09-2006, 07:20 PM
Here is the website to the second season http://www.fireflyseason2.com/index.asp
Does anybody know why Fox cansiled the show?

Production costs were too high, bad ratings
I think there were also big disagreements between Whedon and Fox

Colt Seevers
09-09-2006, 08:13 PM
I watched the movie then the series..lol wrong way round! :0

But it was still good, hope they do bring it back!

oo3
09-10-2006, 01:34 AM
If you ask me, the Serenity movie was the perfect "Season Finale." It left a lot of stuff to make a great second season...if they ever wanted to continue with the story.

Busyman™
09-10-2006, 02:02 AM
If you ask me, the Serenity movie was the perfect "Season Finale." It left a lot of stuff to make a great second season...if they ever wanted to continue with the story.

What made Serenity great was the use of ALL the original characters and that black brat villain.

"Point in fact."

grchl3
12-13-2006, 03:39 AM
Firefly was such a good series. I can't believe the canceled it, especially with all the crap shows that get renewed for another season.

mr. nails
12-13-2006, 05:59 AM
I can't believe the canceled it, especially with all the crap shows that get renewed for another season.

ie: the simpsons

n18
01-17-2007, 05:36 AM
Great series and i wish there was more than 15 episodes! The movie was good enough though, too many fights scenes and too many characters died ( Shepard was my second favorite charactr after Jayne) Theres comic books out supposedly, or they are coming out, I'll deifently try and get my hands on those.

Damnatory
01-18-2007, 10:39 AM

What sucks is the fact that most people that actually watched this show on TV didn't get to see the season finally either... FOX dropped the show 3 episodes from the end of the season. Luckily I saw them all from the DVDset.

And I have to agree, mediocre shows like Charmed get 8 seasons, but shows with real promise get canceled. It's a real shame.