PDA

View Full Version : How to permanently get rid of ppl on ur MSN Messenger?

mr. nails
09-11-2006, 09:17 AM
ok, in msn or windows live messenger under personal settings then privacy tab u have all the ppl u allow to see u and such. to the right of that u have to ppl u want to delete and or block or whatever. how do u permanently delete those? does the person on the other end need to block u also? then it will let u delete? pretty gay. if i don't want u on my msn i don't want u on my msn. u know?

Barbarossa
09-11-2006, 09:24 AM
I don't think you can :blink:

100%
09-11-2006, 10:40 AM
you could Ip block via your firewall router etc

Chewie
09-11-2006, 10:47 AM
you could Ip block via your firewall router etc
I think all connections go through M$ servers now - the option to connect directly for chats appears to have been removed.

backlash
09-11-2006, 11:28 AM
I block the user and then delete them from my list.

mr. nails
09-11-2006, 11:56 AM

if only that worked.

tesco
09-12-2006, 12:37 AM

if only that worked.How doesn't it?

What you were talking about in your first post is a list of who you have blocked.

mr. nails
09-12-2006, 01:36 AM
if only that worked.How doesn't it?

What you were talking about in your first post is a list of who you have blocked.

idk, u tell me.

and i'm talking about deleting them off my msn. u can block ppl all day. deleting them is what u can't do.

peat moss
09-12-2006, 02:05 AM
How many people share your computer ? Reason I ask is give me a faulty computer to fix , I'm in my glory .

Don't ask me to help with Yahoo or Msn messanger programs if your sharing . I never could figure it out, got good at deleting all the extra malware and useless add on's tho . :pinch: The kids would just reinstall the programs in one endless cycle . My point is are you the only one using the puter ?

mr. nails
09-12-2006, 02:37 AM
My point is are you the only one using the puter ?

yes

no malware or add-ons and that wouldn't matter anyway. try it on a fresh install or anothers pc. doesn't matter. it's the prog and i wanted to know if there were maybe a back door or something that maybe i didn't know about. apparently not. hrmmm..

peat moss
09-12-2006, 03:16 AM
Or mabye uninstall and use a different log on , make new one that way you can invite who you want ? I can tell it's frustrating been there got the tshirt .

FreeDoom
09-12-2006, 04:38 AM
The thing is, even if you delete the other user it keeps showing that a new contact is available. Then you can block it but it continues there...

Skiz
09-12-2006, 03:41 PM
ok, in msn or windows live messenger under personal settings then privacy tab u have all the ppl u allow to see u and such. to the right of that u have to ppl u want to delete and or block or whatever. how do u permanently delete those? does the person on the other end need to block u also? then it will let u delete? pretty gay. if i don't want u on my msn i don't want u on my msn. u know?

Not gonna happen. If they aren't listed in that column, then they aren't blocked.

I think it would have said here (http://messenger.msn.com/Help/#LQ18) if there was a way.

backlash
09-12-2006, 05:04 PM

if only that worked.

It doesn't work? How can they see you if they are blocked? I'm still using 7.5, but I thought it may work for u too.

{I}{K}{E}
09-12-2006, 08:01 PM
if only that worked.

It doesn't work? How can they see you if they are blocked? I'm still using 7.5, but I thought it may work for u too.

If you block someone and then delete, the person you deleted from your list will still have you in his MSN list but you will always show as offline.

backlash
09-13-2006, 12:07 PM

If you block someone and then delete, the person you deleted from your list will still have you in his MSN list but you will always show as offline.

that works for me. :)

Melvinmeow
09-13-2006, 06:44 PM
If you right click their username do you now see the option labeled "Delete contact"??

mr. nails
09-14-2006, 01:38 AM
w0w, does no one ever try to learn the progs they've put on their pc anymore? or do ppl just install crap on there and hope for the best?

If you right click their username do you now see the option labeled "Delete contact"??

that does not work. it's still on ur msn. try it.

tesco
09-16-2006, 04:36 PM
that does not work. it's still on ur msn. try it.
Yes it does.
I've been using it for the last...well since MSN Messenger 2.:frusty:
That removes them from your list. If you don't want them to know when you're online/offline, you block them.
There is no way to remove yourself from other people's lists, but you'll show as offline to them anyway so it doesn't matter. :blink:

The only place they still show in your own msn messenge ris in your block list, if you blocked them.

mr. nails
09-17-2006, 11:12 AM
The only place they still show in your own msn messenger is in your block list, if you blocked them.

w0w, yeah, and i want them deleted!

tesco
09-17-2006, 02:24 PM
The only place they still show in your own msn messenger is in your block list, if you blocked them.

w0w, yeah, and i want them deleted!Right click -> delete?

mr. nails
09-17-2006, 09:17 PM
w0w, yeah, and i want them deleted!Right click -> delete?

that doesn't work for "me". all the options i have are "add to contacts" & "move to allow list". the delete option is greyed out.

lee551
09-18-2006, 09:10 PM
i'm using 7.5 and i have some that will allow me to delete and some that are greyed out. strange. i wonder what the catch is...:blink:

mr. nails
09-19-2006, 01:24 AM
i'm using 7.5 and i have some that will allow me to delete and some that are greyed out. strange. i wonder what the catch is...:blink:

finally, someone that has the same problem and understands!

exo_body
09-19-2006, 09:11 PM
lol, yeah ive the exact same problem!tried to search google for answers but got nothing :(

tesco
09-19-2006, 11:33 PM
Just checked again and there's just 1 in that list that I couldn't delete.
I'll try and look into what the connection is and post back..

toosomething1
10-09-2006, 09:50 PM
hi all..new here. I can put some light on this subject. Ok....after you've blocked & deleted the contact...they are off your contact list but still appear in options/privacy/block list. Right click on the contact in "block list" & the delete option is grey. This means you are still in that person's contact list. The only way you can delete them permanently & completely from that block list is if they delete you from their list. If you"re hell bent on not having them there anywhere at all...best thing is to get another account and add your contacts again. But realistically, if a person never sees you online cause they're in the block list, eventually they will probably delete you (get the message). Just keep checking once a week by right clicking them in the block list and see if "delete" is dark....then pitch them!

Barbarossa
10-10-2006, 08:40 AM
hi all..new here. I can put some light on this subject. Ok....after you've blocked & deleted the contact...they are off your contact list but still appear in options/privacy/block list. Right click on the contact in "block list" & the delete option is grey. This means you are still in that person's contact list. The only way you can delete them permanently & completely from that block list is if they delete you from their list. If you"re hell bent on not having them there anywhere at all...best thing is to get another account and add your contacts again. But realistically, if a person never sees you online cause they're in the block list, eventually they will probably delete you (get the message). Just keep checking once a week by right clicking them in the block list and see if "delete" is dark....then pitch them!

Great post. Perfect. Thanks :)

omgwirjo
10-10-2006, 09:11 AM
Hmmm.. I have WLM and the 'delete' button is not greyed out at all...