PDA

View Full Version : Badminton Racquet?

Seedler
09-11-2006, 10:32 PM
I'm playing at a higher level now,so I'll be needing a decent racquet soon, my $20 dollar sport chek racquet just won't do anymore.

I'm a complete noob when it comes to badminton racquets, so any recommandations are welcome. Price range is around $50 CDN, but I will pay more if it looks like I need it.

I'm 5"7, 135lbs, I'm really quick on the court and drop a lot, so I'll need flexibility and speed more than power on a racquet.

Thx in advance.:)

JordoR
09-11-2006, 11:00 PM
All I would recommend, is a very lightweight racquet. This way you can use your speed and flexibility more to your advantage, because you dont have a heavy racquet weighing you down. It's also a plus to have a tightly strung racquet so it will have more power with less effort. I personally have only really been able to tell the difference in weight between different racquets. Carlton is a pretty good brand when it comes to racquets. You should be able to get a really nice one for your price range of $50 Canadian.

suprafreak6
09-12-2006, 12:12 AM
canadians nowadays......we dont have badminton in our highschool for guys, we only have it for the chicks

Seedler
09-12-2006, 01:54 AM
All I would recommend, is a very lightweight racquet. This way you can use your speed and flexibility more to your advantage, because you dont have a heavy racquet weighing you down. It's also a plus to have a tightly strung racquet so it will have more power with less effort. I personally have only really been able to tell the difference in weight between different racquets. Carlton is a pretty good brand when it comes to racquets. You should be able to get a really nice one for your price range of $50 Canadian.

Thx for the reply, but I just heard that I should get a loosely strung racket in order to take advantage of my agility because a lower tensioned string helps light hitters with a better timed trampoline effect? Wtf does that mean?:blink:

backlash
09-12-2006, 05:12 PM
That's so cool that you play badminton. I played in HS...I was 1st singles. :) There was never a guy's team, though. I wish I could play again, but I do prefer to play indoors with lines and rules and regulation net height, too.

I have a Yonex racket. You want tight strings. The loose, bouncy strings are usually on cheap backyard style rackets made for dinky shuttlecocks.

/me laughs at the name shuttlecock

Barbarossa
09-13-2006, 08:10 AM
Thx for the reply, but I just heard that I should get a loosely strung racket in order to take advantage of my agility because a lower tensioned string helps light hitters with a better timed trampoline effect? Wtf does that mean?:blink:

:ghey: