PDA

View Full Version : Having problems with Window Washer by webroot.

Bloodsack
09-14-2006, 04:46 PM
The main problem is when I try to save cookies. It says...Loading Cookie Tree.. It says this , but never finds them? It always says Loading cookie tree? It seems stuck or something??? Maybe it's still looking? I do have 4 years of cookies. But when I check the pc's power use it says it's using 100% cpu. Is this normal with this program?

Thank you

limesqueezer
09-14-2006, 09:52 PM
Lots of programs freeze when you have too much work for them, could be also that it triggered something. Try another program, i wasn't satisfied with Window Washer also.

dodgy368
09-14-2006, 09:55 PM
Erm, why do you want to clog your system up with 4 years worth of cookies?:huh:

dodgy368
09-14-2006, 09:57 PM
Oops.

peat moss
09-15-2006, 12:09 AM
Lots of programs freeze when you have too much work for them, could be also that it triggered something. Try another program, i wasn't satisfied with Window Washer also.

It probably "Tilted " from over work , your right I did n't care for Window Washer either . Maybe he should try Ccleaner or run Window Washer in safe mode.

I remember having problems with Bleach mode mabye a setting is being over looked ? :ermm:

zapjb
09-15-2006, 03:41 AM
So diplomatic.

I'll say it then.

ww is a POS program!

There. :)

Bloodsack
09-15-2006, 04:58 PM

Thats the problem I don't want to clog my system with 4 years worth of cookies. I'm trying to at least see the damn cookies( to see which ones I want) but window washer wont let me. Like I said before It's stuck on loading cookie tree. I can't even see the cokkies I have to begin with.

I'm going take peat moss suggestion and use Ccleaner instead.

Thanks for the help everyone:)

lysine
09-15-2006, 05:35 PM
you can just browse to the folder and manually delete them all:
http://www.milincorporated.com/a_cookies.html

peat moss
09-16-2006, 07:06 PM

Thats the problem I don't want to clog my system with 4 years worth of cookies. I'm trying to at least see the damn cookies( to see which ones I want) but window washer wont let me. Like I said before It's stuck on loading cookie tree. I can't even see the cokkies I have to begin with.

I'm going take peat moss suggestion and use Ccleaner instead.

Thanks for the help everyone:)

I hate recommending another program instead of trying to help a member fix a program . But as a wise Scot said "Tis crap " or was that Zapjb who said that ?:lol:

But you can config. Ccleaner to save cookies to keep or do many other features . Good luck keep us posted . :)

Come to think of it there's so many to try and I noes Zap raves on about Dustbuster . Thought I 'd Google for it and found a few freebies to try .

http://www.scanwith.com/Cleanup_Tools.htm

Lion7718
09-16-2006, 07:17 PM
I use to you Window Washer..but had some problems with newer builds...
I now Tracks Eraser Pro...does about the samething as WW, but I haven't had any of the problems.
Also if you use Spybot, you can use the Cookie feature in it too.

peat moss
09-16-2006, 08:28 PM
@Lion7718, Ya I think the only bad cleaner is if your not using one at all .

I can find most but not all the temp or cache ,cookies and what not by hand .
I'd be a liar if I said I can do it manually to completely remove them all including the Prefetch files . Anyone who say's they can is a liar . :wank: