PDA

View Full Version : Aston Villa

maebach
09-15-2006, 02:20 AM
Is there anybody in this forum who is from Aston Villa? I'll PM them on what it's about. I dont think buying/selling online is allowed here.

So anyways, I forgot that the EPL season has started. A lot of good clubs are off to terrible starts.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tables?league=eng.1&cc=5901

How do you guys think this year will shape out?

me:

Chelsea
Man Utd.
Arsenal
Liverpool
Everton

Workcheese
09-15-2006, 07:47 AM
Is there anybody in this forum who is from Aston Villa? I'll PM them on what it's about. I dont think buying/selling online is allowed here.

You mean like is there anybody here from the actual team? There is no place named Aston Villa to my knowledge, that would be like me asking if there was anyone here from Washington Dolphins or Chicago Steelers. Are you trying to buy/sell one of their players online? :unsure:

Barbarossa
09-15-2006, 08:22 AM
Aston is an area of Birmingham.

Growing up in a family full of West Brom supporters, as I did, hating Villa was drummed into me as a child. :blink:

DorisInsinuate
09-15-2006, 12:12 PM

Are you trying to buy/sell one of their players online? :unsure:

Transfer season is closed :no:

MCHeshPants420
09-15-2006, 12:34 PM
Aston is an area of Birmingham.

Growing up in a family full of West Brom supporters, as I did, hating Villa was drummed into me as a child. :blink:

Yeah, and Plymouth is an area of Devon but no-one has ever asked me if I'm from Plymouth Argyle.

I used to go to West Brom home games when I was young(er), so I have a hatred of Villa, Wolves and Stoke. Of course, they're like teenage crushes when compared to my hatred of Sunderland.

Barbarossa
09-15-2006, 01:34 PM
Stoke? :blink:

Also, as any self-respecting West Midlands football supporter knows, Birmingham City are irrelevent. Only the pundits refer to them as "sleeping giants". Everyone else knows they're just shit. :dabs:

maebach
09-15-2006, 09:42 PM
Yea, I just realized that now, on wiki. It's a part of Birmingham. So are there people from Birmingham here?

and what are your predictions?!

Colt Seevers
09-15-2006, 11:35 PM
Saint Martin will raise Aston Villa to new heights, then when Sir Fergie eventually pops his clogs / or leaves / gets sacked from Man Utd St. Martin shall take over and rule the Galaxy, it is his destiny.... I have forseen it.

callum
09-15-2006, 11:51 PM
Saint Martin will raise Aston Villa to new heights, then when Sir Fergie eventually pops his clogs / or leaves / gets sacked from Man Utd St. Martin shall take over and rule the Galaxy, it is his destiny.... I have forseen it.

I fear the women in his family may stop that from happening, is his mother well?

Agrajag
09-16-2006, 08:38 AM

Indeed, enough said.

And also, what is this EPL that people keep going on about. It's the Premiership ffs. Or even, at a push, The English Premiership. Not the English Premiership League, that's just mental.

DorisInsinuate
09-16-2006, 11:08 AM
The badge says it's the "FA Premier League" :smilie4:

manker
09-16-2006, 02:26 PM

Indeed, enough said.

And also, what is this EPL that people keep going on about. It's the Premiership ffs. Or even, at a push, The English Premiership. Not the English Premiership League, that's just mental.
Cardiff are second in the Championship as I type this - the 'English' prefix that uninformed folk seem to be insisting upon might look wholly inappropriate next season :smilie4:

Workcheese
09-16-2006, 04:06 PM
Indeed, enough said.

Cardiff are second in the Championship as I type this - the 'English' prefix that uninformed folk seem to be insisting upon might look wholly inappropriate next season :smilie4:

One can only hope that the current league positions remain the same and Portsmouth win the Premiership...:pinch:

Agrajag
09-16-2006, 09:29 PM
The badge says it's the "FA Premier League" :smilie4:

Not really seeing how that would be EPL but.

That would be FAPL.

It's the Barclay's Premiership, which is the Football Association Premier League, as in the top one. As opposed to The Championship, which is the second one. I think that's pretty obvious.

Look here http://www.premierleague.com/fapl.rac?command=forwardOnly&nextPage=homepage

You can even read a Barclays Premiership Review, which is nice.

threelions00
10-07-2006, 08:06 AM
well i have been forced to reply now...portsmuff to win the league....no way. i am from southampton and couldn't ever face it, its hard to even acknowledge that portsmuff have held the FA cup for the longest time at one, but only because of the war so that doesn't really count.

i now live in devon and look out for torquay...not a great team...but anyways, my predictions...

Chelski
ARSEnal
Man Utd
Liverpool
Bolton???
Everton

Cheese
10-07-2006, 09:34 AM
i now live in devon and look out for torquay...not a great team...but anyways, my predictions...

I seem to remember you mocking people from Devon once, or was it just Plymouth in particular? :unsure:

Plymouth could go up this season, I hope not though as I have to fulfill a rather embarrassing forfeit if they do. :pinch:

manker
10-09-2006, 11:47 AM

I seem to remember you mocking people from Devon once, or was it just Plymouth in particular? :unsure:

Plymouth could go up this season, I hope not though as I have to fulfill a rather embarrassing forfeit if they do. :pinch:Yeah, like a couple of seasons ago when you had to join netty's forum and be the most active member for a month if Shearer didn't score over 20 league goals.

Can't remember what I had to do if he did score 20 goals but I know he only managed like twelve or something :dabs:

thunder_rs
10-12-2006, 02:10 PM
I like the team of the "aston vila" but I prefer the GREMIO :)