PDA

View Full Version : if it's not fox news, it's not american?

GepperRankins
09-15-2006, 06:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki2GWdOIYxw

:lol:

so fox are biased after all?

j2k4
09-15-2006, 07:52 PM
Is the rest of the media biased after all?

http://www.mediaresearch.org/notablequotables/dishonor/06/best.asp#Funny%20Clips

Busyman™
09-15-2006, 09:23 PM
:lol: :lol: Note to self....nix the tivoing of approximately 2 shows to watch The Daily Show and The Colbert Report.....................

Is your mother a whore? What? I'm not saying she's a whore. I'm just wondering out loud if she's a whore. All I'm saying is reasonable people who have banged your mother for money can disagree.

:glag:

A prophylactic protecting Fox News from anything it might contract from it's extensive GOP cocksucking......?

:glag:

GepperRankins
09-15-2006, 09:33 PM
i wanna watch that shit but my brother is uploading the world or something. so my interweb is clogged up and shit.

talking heads or columnists of oppinion err, columns should be able to say they support abortion because it's how they get thier fetal sandwiches and not have thier journalistic integrity questioned. because they're not reporting, they're giving thier oppinion. "fair and balanced" reports should not be spun to support one sides oppinion.

*i realise this is probably a moot point because i don't get fox news and i can't even watch any clips on the interweb right now. if those tickers shown on the daily show were from actual reports or debates you're more than welcome to suck it though

vidcc
09-15-2006, 10:38 PM
Is the rest of the media biased after all?

http://www.mediaresearch.org/notablequotables/dishonor/06/best.asp#Funny%20Clips

the I have once and for all lost touch with reality award

"two weeks ago Bush was holding town hall meeting and a woman got up from the audience and denounced the liberal media, you saw how the audience erupted in applause.....that's reality"

What reality is there calling it a "town hall meeting" if only those loyal to Bush, cleared and approved by security and hand picked to ask pre approved questions are allowed to attend.... and they are hardly ever held in a town hall ;)

But stewart has a clip of your "MRC people" airing their grievences about bias (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NDQOBFbCCo)
"she's right....you never hear about the laws tom delay doesn't break " ;)

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4510/bwm3.jpg ? :O

j2k4
09-15-2006, 11:39 PM
But stewart has a clip of your "MRC people" airing their grievences about bias (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NDQOBFbCCo)
"she's right....you never hear about the laws tom delay doesn't break " ;)

More of your selective editting?

MRC "people"?

I counted Brent Bozell, who, last I checked, does not constitute "people".

Neither was it an MRC event.

Your last quote is accurate...and taken directly from the mouth of John Stewart himself.

Your post is misleading in it's attempts to mislead, and you are misleading into the bargain.

It is for others to decide the merits of your posting, but I have decided (only for myself, you understand) to ignore your posts henceforth.

"The" has an excuse, as he is merely young and uninformed.

You can make no such claim.

vidcc
09-15-2006, 11:59 PM
Oh what to do?:cry1:

Busyman™
09-16-2006, 12:02 AM
[It is for others to decide the merits of your posting, but I have decided (only for myself, you understand) to ignore your posts henceforth.

"The" has an excuse, as he is merely young and uninformed.

You can make no such claim.

...and I have decided for everyone else, comprehenday, to ignore your posts too, vid, henceforth, forthwith, fortnight and heightwidth. :snooty:

vidcc
09-16-2006, 12:05 AM
...and I have decided for everyone else, comprehenday, to ignore your posts too, vid, henceforth, forthwith, fortnight and heightwidth. :snooty:

Was it this?

I mean it was just a question I wasn't saying it ;)

Busyman™
09-16-2006, 12:05 AM

Was it this?

I mean it was just a question I wasn't saying it ;)

:lol: :lol:

GepperRankins
09-16-2006, 12:13 AM
i'll uninform you! :fist:

personally i'd say i was more excitable and arrogant. is excitable the word? i dunno.

the intention of these questions is to make you feel stupid if you don't agree. fact.

it doesn't make it ok if someone else did something bad. fact.

news should be about giving you facts and letting you make your own oppinion. <<< let's argue about that line

vidcc
09-16-2006, 12:29 AM
news should be about giving you facts and letting you make your own oppinion. <<< let's argue about that line
I agree and wish we could reliably get just the facts, however the thing is that much of "news media", both TV and radio is made up of opinion shows in a news show format. Opinions are presented as facts. So unless one visits many outlets one may not be exposed to the truth and even then what you decide is the truth may not be.

GepperRankins
09-16-2006, 01:09 AM
I agree and wish we could reliably get just the facts, however the thing is that much of "news media", both TV and radio is made up of opinion shows in a news show format. Opinions are presented as facts. So unless one visits many outlets one may not be exposed to the truth and even then what you decide is the truth may not be.
i wanna hear j2k4 agree with you now :lol:

i don't actually know how it works in the US but on british TV they tend to introduce guests by thier oppinion. channels and serious programs tend to play thier position as a balanced platform. this doesn't seem to be what fox was doing because the ticker at the bottom (which i consider to be the companies foundations to seat the program in) was showing an oppinion rather than a topic.

bad analogy but i'm right :pinch:

j2k4
09-16-2006, 01:45 AM

With vid's sentiment as stated, I can and will agree.

If, however, vid at some later date chooses to reproduce that statement but opts to substitute such as "Foxnews" and "conservativetalkradio" for "news media", "TV and radio", or "outlets", then I rescind my agreement.

Again, I will leave the digestion of his regular presentation to those he thinks can't sort his tactics-people like you, The.

He just pulled the wool over your eyes, and you thanked him for doing it.

As for your disinclination to flesh out your own personal on-board database, you may substitute the word ignorance for your own choice of the word "arrogance".

Even vid has forgotten considerably more than you will ever know.

vidcc
09-16-2006, 02:33 AM
in that case ...............

In the US most "opinion shows", the vast majority in fact are leaning to the right wing, and although I freely admit that there is bias on left leaning opinion shows, the fact is that such shows are just a drop in the ocean of commentary and in no way whatsoever balance propaganda out.

I will define bias as only reporting bad things about "the opposition" and good things about "your side"

In the video i linked to they were complaining about the reporting that tom delay is accused of doing suspect things and breaking the law..... then complaining that the media didn't cover laws he did not break.
That is not bias, that is reporting the news that they don't like.

GepperRankins
09-16-2006, 02:40 AM

With vid's sentiment as stated, I can and will agree.

If, however, vid at some later date chooses to reproduce that statement but opts to substitute such as "Foxnews" and "conservativetalkradio" for "news media", "TV and radio", or "outlets", then I rescind my agreement.

Again, I will leave the digestion of his regular presentation to those he thinks can't sort his tactics-people like you, The.

He just pulled the wool over your eyes, and you thanked him for doing it.

As for your disinclination to flesh out your own personal on-board database, you may substitute the word ignorance for your own choice of the word "arrogance".

Even vid has forgotten considerably more than you will ever know.
where did he pull the wool over my eyes?

i like the mind games in here, but only when i know i'm playing them. is "thinks can't sort his tactics" flattery or an insult :unsure:

it might just be me but i see the overlay on news channels as a seperate thing to the programming. kind of like how the GUI on your internet browser is nothing to do with the website you're browsing. the overlay should show the topic not a bullying statement.

btw how can a station called "conservativetalkradio" not mix oppinion shows into the programming? :pinch:

vidcc
09-16-2006, 01:49 PM
Foxnews could more accurately be called the republican media dept.
It is undeniably bias. It is what it is and all the "oh but this report on this other outlet wasn't kind to bush shows left wing bias" isn't going to change what foxnews is.

ahctlucabbuS
09-17-2006, 05:30 PM
If you're still in denial about Foxnews, watch this.
http://www.outfoxed.org/

Also, http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=06/08/16/148232

"We can no longer work with a news organization that claims to be fair and balanced when you are so far from that."

"Not only are you an instrument of the Bush White House, and Israeli propaganda, you are war mongers with no sense of decency, nor professionalism."

:lol: Jon Stewart

j2k4
09-17-2006, 07:28 PM
If you're still in denial about Foxnews, watch this.
http://www.outfoxed.org/

Also, http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=06/08/16/148232

"We can no longer work with a news organization that claims to be fair and balanced when you are so far from that."

"Not only are you an instrument of the Bush White House, and Israeli propaganda, you are war mongers with no sense of decency, nor professionalism."

:lol: Jon Stewart

From your link:

Serene Sabbagh, freelance TV producer who has worked with CNN, ABC News, Al Jazeera and Fox News. She joins us on the line from Amman, Jordan.

SERENE SABBAGH: After three years and watching their coverage, I thought I could make a difference working with them. I could influence some of the people that are coming into the region...

What business has a producer got trying to influence anything?

She obviously has divided loyalties and an agenda, to boot.

Though I'm sure that's okay with you, it is not proper.

Please try harder.

vidcc
09-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Could it not be about trying to remove preconceptions?

Is the news supposed to be based on loyalties or facts?

Busyman™
09-17-2006, 09:35 PM
From your link:

Serene Sabbagh, freelance TV producer who has worked with CNN, ABC News, Al Jazeera and Fox News. She joins us on the line from Amman, Jordan.

SERENE SABBAGH: After three years and watching their coverage, I thought I could make a difference working with them. I could influence some of the people that are coming into the region...

Please try harder.

But from the onset of the war in Lebanon, I was devastated at the way that Fox was handling the coverage from Lebanon in the U.S., and I felt there was bias, the slant, the racist remarks, the use of the word “we” meaning Israel, and it was just unbearable up until basically the massacre at Qana. And as a mother of three, watching the images, the raw images of children being pulled out of the rubble, and then I switched to Fox News to hear some of their anchors claiming that these little kids that were killed, these innocent victims that were killed, were human shields used by Hezbollah. And one of the anchors went as far as saying they were planted there by Hezbollah to win support in this war. And it was unbelievable. For me, that was the breaking point, and this is when I decided, me and my colleague Jomana, to hand in our resignation.

When I signed with Fox News, when I started working with them, I knew that they were very pro-Israel, that the coverage of the Middle East was very slanted.

:smilie4:

Sounds like Serene was actually trying to put some "fair and balanced" in Fox News.

I think Fox News doesn't like facts revealed when unfavorable to the Republican party so they think fair and balanced means putting out "facts" that are favorable.

This reminds me of the one side with evolution then the other "side" with intelligent design. Neither is fact but one has a basis in facts and the other doesn't....just faith.

ahctlucabbuS
09-17-2006, 09:45 PM

Please try harder.

Neither are a one sided agenda. Not proper.

Watch the film. It makes a solid argument.

Some people say... <insert slanting remark here>

Could it not be about trying to remove preconceptions?

Is the news supposed to be based on loyalties or facts?

:yup:

Busyman™
09-17-2006, 10:36 PM
On a side note, anyone see The Path To 9/11 on ABC?

It basically placed all the blame for 9/11 on the Clinton administration and made up shit to do so.

The White House must have been funding it cos it went without commercial interruption for 4 hours. If the WH didn't fund it then I see ABC getting some politcal blowjobs cumming their way.

vidcc
09-17-2006, 11:43 PM
To make up things that never happened as was the case with "The Path To 9/11" was shameful.
Clinton made some mistakes and one can't change that and they should be shown, but to invent them to try to blame someone for what happened is beyond defense.
It's not like 9/11 happened 300 years ago. The facts are there and there was no need to use dramatic license.

lynx
09-18-2006, 12:00 AM
The facts are there and there was no need to use dramatic license.Facts have little bearing on anything the current US or UK administrations do.

vidcc
09-18-2006, 12:42 AM
Facts have little bearing on anything the current US or UK administrations do.
How does that relate to putting things into a "docudrama" that didn't happen? especially when they know they didn't happen.

Busyman™
09-18-2006, 02:59 AM
How does that relate to putting things into a "docudrama" that didn't happen? especially when they know they didn't happen.

He's just making a side comment, vid.:ermm:

lynx
09-18-2006, 08:30 AM
How does that relate to putting things into a "docudrama" that didn't happen? especially when they know they didn't happen.It's like other things that didn't happen, such WMD.

When you get that sort of behaviour from the leadership, you can hardly expect anything different from their followers and supporters, they've already been given the nod that it is ok.

vidcc
09-18-2006, 03:11 PM
It's like other things that didn't happen, such WMD.

When you get that sort of behaviour from the leadership, you can hardly expect anything different from their followers and supporters, they've already been given the nod that it is ok.
I think there is a difference between making the wrong decisions when the facts are not known for sure and doing it after they are. With the WMD they wanted to believe Saddam had them and I think they cherry picked the evidence that supported their belief and stated their belief as fact. They made the wrong choice as to what the facts were, perhaps deliberately, but we don't know that for a fact. :wacko:

As time goes by, to me it looks like both the Afghan and Iraq invasions were more tactical stepping stones to get to Iran. With Afghanistan going after those responsible for 9/11 IMO justified the actions. Of course once there that particular mission seems to have been deemed unimportant. Which makes me suspect that the "war on terror" is a handy tool to achieve a different objective.
Iraq was a much tougher case to justify. But in both cases they went in with suspicions as to what the facts were. They may have manipulated those suspicions and certainly acted before they knew what the actual facts were.

All of this makes no impact on inventing things we know didn't happen when making a "docudrama" about what led to 9/11.
If lawmakers ignored facts show it. If they made mistakes or bad choices show it. History is too important to be based on fiction and it is vital to get it right from the start.

lynx
09-18-2006, 04:59 PM
On the contrary, I believe they knew there were no WMDs. The invasion of Iraq was very rushed, with no real planning of what was going to happen after what would be (and subsequently proved to be) a comparatively easy incursion. Why the rush?

There is only one rational explanation, namely that their pre-planned excuse for the invasion was about to be exposed as false by the UN's inspectors. Most people who saw past the rhetoric expected and predicted that result.

In my opinion, this is just a continuation of the fabrication process, and they see no difference between distorting what we know to be false and what has yet to be shown to be false. We can expect more of the same, if you tell a lie often enough it eventually becomes accepted as the truth.

It's a trick they've learned from Hitler's Germany. However there's a big difference. Hitler actually believed the crap he came out with, these nutcases do it because it is politically expedient.

Busyman™
09-18-2006, 09:01 PM
On the contrary, I believe they knew there were no WMDs. The invasion of Iraq was very rushed, with no real planning of what was going to happen after what would be (and subsequently proved to be) a comparatively easy incursion. Why the rush?

There is only one rational explanation, namely that their pre-planned excuse for the invasion was about to be exposed as false by the UN's inspectors. Most people who saw past the rhetoric expected and predicted that result.

In my opinion, this is just a continuation of the fabrication process, and they see no difference between distorting what we know to be false and what has yet to be shown to be false. We can expect more of the same, if you tell a lie often enough it eventually becomes accepted as the truth.

It's a trick they've learned from Hitler's Germany. However there's a big difference. Hitler actually believed the crap he came out with, these nutcases do it because it is politically expedient.

That's why it's history.

vidcc
10-04-2006, 01:25 PM
See anything wrong with this picture?

http://static.crooksandliars.com/2006/10/Foley-BO-Dem.jpg

Only on Faux :rolleyes:

Busyman
10-04-2006, 04:38 PM
See anything wrong with this picture?

http://static.crooksandliars.com/2006/10/Foley-BO-Dem.jpg

Only on Faux :rolleyes:

You have got to be kidding me.:O

I think Fox News doesn't like facts revealed when unfavorable to the Republican party so they think fair and balanced means putting out "facts" that are favorable.

MagicNakor
10-04-2006, 06:31 PM
:lol:

:shuriken:

vidcc
10-04-2006, 06:58 PM
working clip (http://www.bradblog.com/Video/FoxOReilly_FoleyDEMOCRAT_100603.wmv)

second one (http://www.bradblog.com/Video/FoxOReilly_Coulter_FoleyDEMOCRAT_100603.wmv)

Busyman™
10-04-2006, 09:16 PM
Damn those clips cut to the heart of what Fox News is.

They are an embarrasment to journalism.

vidcc
10-04-2006, 09:45 PM
They took it down on the re-run but didn't put up "foley (R-fl)" in it's place

It seems the NSA phone tapping was worth while...... someone got hold of this one before it could be deleted

ROVE: Roger, you gotta' help me out here.

AILES: Anything, Karl, you know that.

ROVE: Okay, I--

AILES: Well, I mean anything in the sense that I can use the network to help you.

ROVE: Look, Rog, I've forgotten all about that night. It was a one time thing. For both of us.

AILES: Yeah...

ROVE: Anyway, this Foley thing could really kill us with the fundies. I mean, they are quickly figuring out that we covered for a queer pervert who molested boys just to extort money to funnel into other congressional races.

AILES: Brilliant plan, Karl, like so much of your work. And just to make clear: I'm not gay.

ROVE: Me neither. Anyway, you know how fucking stupid these fundies are...

AILES: Abso-fucking-lutely! They thought Terri Schiavo was coming back to life!

[LOUD LAUGHTER FROM ROVE AND AILES]

ROVE: Well, here's what I'm thinking...

AILES: Go ahead. I'm all ears. Just don't grab `em and pull my head down to your crotch!

ROVE: [LAUGHING] Did I hurt you last time?

AILES: Shut up. I think I bugged my own phone last week, but I was too drunk to remember if I really did it. Go on...

ROVE: Okay, here's the plan. Keep running photos and video of Foley but instead of putting the tag "R dash FL" for "Republican-Florida" under his picture, put "D dash FL" for "Democrat-Florida."

AILES: I... I don't...

ROVE: The fundies will think Foley is a Democrat!

AILES: Holy fucking shit! That's genius!

ROVE: Of course!

AILES Those dumbfucks will really believe Foley is a Democrat!

ROVE: It's on FOX News!

AILES: So it must be true!

ROVE: Exactly.

AILES: And that will make them turn out more, not less.

ROVE: Nevermind the work they do in get-out-the-vote.

AILES: Damn. You're good.

ROVE: Next time you see me, you can kiss my pinky ring.

AILES: You put a ring on it now?

ROVE: My baby finger, Rog, not my Karl Column.

AILES: I love that you've named your thing.

ROVE: Luntz ran a focus group and came up with it.

AILES: Among the male pages?

ROVE: Wait, did you or did you not bug your phone?

[AILES AND ROVE LAUGH]

AILES: Fuck if I know. I was trashed.

ROVE: So, FOLEY dash D dash FL.

AILES: Got it. Consider it done. And kick your boss in the nuts for me and tell him he's the dumbest fuck on the planet.

ROVE: I do that everyday.

[ROVE AND AILES LAUGH, THEN HANG UP]

MagicNakor
10-04-2006, 10:14 PM
Wow, this just gets better. :glag:

Source?

Busyman™
10-04-2006, 10:19 PM
Wow, this just gets better. :glag:

Source?

It's a joke, MN.:lol:

MagicNakor
10-04-2006, 11:09 PM
Doh. :P Well, I went to the corner store earlier tonight.

vidcc
10-13-2006, 04:27 PM
A justified award for accuracy in reporting (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQt37vC-z2s);)

ilw
10-13-2006, 05:56 PM
dunno if thats a very good example. I guessed what ted turner was talking about within a few seconds and i'm sure the pundits would've as well. i think ted is more to blame for making such a botch up of explaining why the whole 'with us/against us' thing is retarded.

vidcc
10-13-2006, 06:12 PM
If they knew what he was talking about why claim he was talking about something else?

j2k4
10-13-2006, 10:58 PM
Let me be the first to point out that Keith Olbermann is John Stewart without the pretense.

I hear he picked up another viewer, though, so good for him.

GepperRankins
10-13-2006, 11:22 PM
Let me be the first to point out that Keith Olbermann is John Stewart without the pretense.

I hear he picked up another viewer, though, so good for him.
olbermann is like a little kid. has he ever managed to get a paragraph out without insulting bill o'rielly :dabs:

he had a point though. a point which i made when that clip first went up on youtube :smilie4:

Busyman™
10-14-2006, 03:44 AM
dunno if thats a very good example. I guessed what ted turner was talking about within a few seconds and i'm sure the pundits would've as well. i think ted is more to blame for making such a botch up of explaining why the whole 'with us/against us' thing is retarded.

I think it's an excellent example of spin or stupidity.

Either way it's shit reporting.

You either have the intelligence to really know wtf Ted was saying or if you do know what he was saying, then you are showing bias by spinning it because you look at his opinion unfavorably.

Again, either way it's shit for a news channel to do that.

What's funny is that there are those that instead of listening to wtf Keith Olberman was talking about, will miss the point to.....talk about Keith Olberman.

vidcc
04-04-2007, 11:02 PM
so the winner was britney :unsure:
4g1O4LJNs94

And no this was not their april fools gag mind you the math is close if there were other candidates

Busyman™
04-04-2007, 11:14 PM
so the winner was britney :unsure:
4g1O4LJNs94

And no this was not their april fools gag
:lol: :lol:

Did you notice how the news folks were hesitant after the graphic was put up?