PDA

View Full Version : Culture Shock

Jon L. Obscene
09-19-2006, 03:23 PM
I think one of the biggest culture shocks I have had so far is the Ingens, I'm 6'3" and 220lbs of solid.....blubbery stuff yet they call me "The Little White Guy" :blink:
I must say though that knowing these guys is good, learning about different spiritual beliefs etc from Kyuga, Mohawk, Iroquois etc. I also love the way they still hold the belief that "We were here first and we'll do what the feck we want and there ain't nothing you white people can do about it" :01: Although I find it comical their speach patterns are close to that of Essex......init.
Pitty Britain isn't like that eh :(

Oh yeah and they don't got Pork Pies here <_<

Jonno :cool:

Skweeky
09-19-2006, 05:10 PM
Yesterday I had some porkpies with red sauce and a bit of spicy sauce on top of them:P

When I first moved here, I was astounded at the fact that you lot eat sausages for breakfast, and blackpudding. And you put vinegar on your chips, and cheese as well.
A roll and sausage and a sausage roll is not the same.
People in the pub look at you funny when you just want a half pint instead of a pint.
There's vans coming round that sell anything from candy floss to cigarettes.
You can phone up the local off license and get booze delivered to your house.
etc etc

zedaxax
09-19-2006, 10:25 PM
Anyphonecall, specifically that one you weren't expecting, can be a culture shock
mobile phone ringing = social shock.

Seedler
09-20-2006, 02:45 AM
You're like, the typical Canadianian canuk.

GepperRankins
09-20-2006, 02:50 AM
I think one of the biggest culture shocks I have had so far is the Ingens, I'm 6'3" and 220lbs of solid.....blubbery stuff yet they call me "The Little White Guy" :blink:
I must say though that knowing these guys is good, learning about different spiritual beliefs etc from Kyuga, Mohawk, Iroquois etc. I also love the way they still hold the belief that "We were here first and we'll do what the feck we want and there ain't nothing you white people can do about it" :01: Although I find it comical their speach patterns are close to that of Essex......init.

lol. you wish the descendants of the first british settlers took the piss out of immigrants that say init?

NikkiD
09-20-2006, 11:37 AM

Oh come now, you know you have Kyle speaking like you do, dropping t's and calling people wankers. Hell you both do impressions of one another. I still don't know how you get away with some of the things you say though. If anyone else said the things that you do to them, they'd be in hospital - or at the bottom of a lake somewhere - yet you say them and everyone laughs. What I find really funny though is that none of them has ever had a problem understanding your accent (well, except Shelley, she said when you called she just kinda said yeah a lot so you wouldn't think she didn't know what you were saying), but you go anywhere in town and people stare at you blankly half the time.

Oh, and it's Cayuga. I'm impressed you spelled Iroquois right though. :o