PDA

View Full Version : (Mods) Do you regret the these members left?

zedaxax
09-19-2006, 09:02 PM
Mods,
In long time after thought,
Do you regret that members like Sharedholder,Haxor37864, Muscleman from that site that should not be linked here, left ?
Yes
or
No
?

tesco
09-19-2006, 10:48 PM
Yes and no.
Although i wasn't a mod at the time and still don't know that much about it...

No because we lost some good-contributing members.
But yes because of how they were constantly ripping off me and reality's efforts on this forum last year.

RealitY
09-20-2006, 04:22 AM
Wasnt a mod at the time also.
Same as above mostly...

Skiz
09-20-2006, 06:22 AM
What do you mean, "ripping off your efforts"? :huh:

sArA
09-20-2006, 09:13 AM
Its always a shame when established members start behaving like complete twats to the point whereby no amount of reasoning with them works.

Barbarossa
09-20-2006, 09:15 AM
Sorry :blushing:

sArA
09-20-2006, 09:26 AM
Its alright Barbie....so far your twatiness has not reached bannable levels......yet :naughty:

tesco
09-20-2006, 09:30 AM
What do you mean, "ripping off your efforts"? :huh:One example is when me and reality wrote a letter to send out to all the old members telling them about what's new at fst and reminding them that we're still here.
A week later I receive an email from klitetools forum that was EXACTLY the same as our letter word for word, but with the name and logos changed.:dry:

manker
09-20-2006, 09:34 AM
Its always a shame when established members start behaving like complete twats to the point whereby no amount of reasoning with them works.
In my experience, those same members are made into moderators.

sArA
09-20-2006, 09:48 AM
fecking manker :dry:

Busyman™
09-20-2006, 08:37 PM
I see klitetools is still up and running.

I recognize:

haxor41789
MUSLEMAN
balamm
zapjb
I.am
sharedholder
DWk
Filliz

I might start checking it out.

manker
09-21-2006, 08:14 AM

I recognize:

haxor41789
MUSLEMAN
balamm
zapjb
I.am
sharedholder
DWk
Filliz

Don't bother - they all think you're a twat.

Barbarossa
09-21-2006, 08:17 AM

Bye then :wave:

Busyman™
09-21-2006, 09:19 AM

Bye then :wave:

Where am I going....another website?:blink:

I guess that's the janeyus of the internet you can be at 2 (or more) "places" once.

Busyman™
09-21-2006, 09:20 AM

I recognize:

haxor41789
MUSLEMAN
balamm
zapjb
I.am
sharedholder
DWk
Filliz

Like I give a shit.:lol:

peat moss
09-23-2006, 01:51 AM

You'd probably be one of the more popular ones . And yes I posted many times over the last year that I thought they got a raw deal . Shareholder especially , but I don't know all the dirty details .

Shareholder helped me countless times when I was a young Noobie on this forum , thru posts or in many cases PM 's with out being asked . Then again so did Ross and Reality so I'm kinda torn between the idea of slagging a former member and my loyalties here . So I'll just sit on the fence and try to be a good member on both forums .

Which means to me is I'll keep both separate and not link to either out of respect . :)

Busyman™
09-23-2006, 02:16 AM

You'd probably be one of the more popular ones . And yes I posted many times over the last year that I thought they got a raw deal . Shareholder especially , but I don't know all the dirty details .

Shareholder helped me countless times when I was a young Noobie on this forum , thru posts or in many cases PM 's with out being asked . Then again so did Ross and Reality so I'm kinda torn between the idea of slagging a former member and my loyalties here . So I'll just sit on the fence and try to be a good member on both forums .

Which means to me is I'll keep both separate and not link to either out of respect . :)

My understanding is that sharedholder was helpful yes but then tried to use this website as plug for his own. It seemed like if he was a mod (among others) then that would have never happened. That or there would have been sabotage. I remember a member would ask a question and MUSCLEMAN or sharedholder would say, "I'll answer your question.....but first....register at klitetools.com.":glag:

I guess that's why when picking mods you must get a real gist (joking aside) of who they are. We obviously have one mod here that can't separate their personal feelings from what they are supposed to do for the board. I am referring to the mass deletion of GayPaul's and kkk4's posts. That shit was pretty fucked up.:dry: Why get all wrapped up into what people think of you or say to you ON THE INTERNET?:no:

MUSCLEMAN works for Best Buy and walks into Circuit City to invite shoppers into Best Buy to sell them a TV.:no:

shareholder was helpful to me also, btw. It was like it was his creed to have a program or answer for anything. Cool fella besides the shameless spumage. I also remember when all the old clan was around I was in technical threads more.

peat moss
09-23-2006, 02:28 AM
Ya Busyman ,I just remember the good in people I guess . I know I'd be pissed off if someone took credit for a Guide I made or something but this is Filestealing talk.com ? Sometimes there's no honour among thieves I guess , which I do understand .

When I really think about it ,most of our Mods do a thankless job , I just don't like the "Tude" that some , not "all" show sometimes .

Busyman™
09-23-2006, 02:46 AM
Ya Busyman ,I just remember the good in people I guess . I know I'd be pissed off if someone took credit for a Guide I made or something but this is Filestealing talk.com ? Sometimes there's no honour among thieves I guess , which I do understand .

When I really think about it ,most of our Mods do a thankless job , I just don't like the "Tude" that some , not "all" show sometimes .

They are too wrapped up in their work.:ermm:

You are right about guides but then again, I look at it like "it's on the friggin' internet" so it's fair game for average users and plagiarists alike.:idunno:

nanotek
09-23-2006, 08:42 AM
what was really bad was when asking some question muscleman would post a link to his forum saying the answers over there instead of answering here

and when confronted with it he acted like a total jock

RealitY
09-26-2006, 06:17 AM
This is in the past and they were banned at FST before me or rossco were staff on the site. Doubt its a secret but as a member didnt care much for MM canned answers and blatant promotion to get members. As for SH never had an issue with him and dont recall him spamming the site. Never thought SH was the cause of what happened then and thought it was MM at time continually pushing the issue...

lynx
09-27-2006, 10:51 AM
I was under the impression that Haxor37864 and Sharedholder were banned for incidents related to hacking of this board, and posts on Sharedholder's web site giving members IP addresses, email addresses etc. I can't be totally sure about that because it was before I became a mod, and before we changed over to Vbulletin.

For some reason Musleman's account isn't recorded as being banned until about 5 months later, although his activity on the board stopped at the time of the data lost in the crash of 2004. My guess is that he was banned just before the board crashed but his account got re-enabled because it was still active in the data restored from the backup.

Lets see, hacker and friends banned, board crashes, posts go missing. Anyone think this was a coincidence?

For information, j2k4 and I resolved our differences regarding the missing posts some time ago, and he accepts that I had nothing to do with it. Nothing was said publicly, partly because I thought it would be interesting to find out who would start stirring the shit. I guess we know now.

thewizeard
09-27-2006, 10:59 AM
Well I wasn't a mod at the time...and ... still not ;) but they were ok...just reactional, how about an amnesty? :idea: ( if they promise not to hack the board again )

tesco
09-27-2006, 11:18 PM
Lets see, hacker and friends banned, board crashes, posts go missing. Anyone think this was a coincidence?

If I remember right then that "crash" was someone getting 'rip the jacker's password, logging in here, then mass-moving all threads to trash.
The most recent backup was from when krohn and rookiecrd1 were testing converting the board to vbulletin (from ipb) so they just used that.

RealitY
09-27-2006, 11:44 PM
Seem to recall it was mentioned that pass was the same at both forums at the time...

Busyman™
09-28-2006, 01:12 AM
For information, j2k4 and I resolved our differences regarding the missing posts some time ago, and he accepts that I had nothing to do with it. Nothing was said publicly, partly because I thought it would be interesting to find out who would start stirring the shit. I guess we know now.

Wow, I never mentioned a name nor said it was you. Guilty conscience?:blink: Stirring shit? All I figure is that it was a mod (or admin) that deleted their posts.

I don't even have an affinity for either of them but I draw a line at fucking up their posts....and that's all that was said.
Whatever mod (or admin) that did that shit is a fucked up individual and was obviously a bad choice for mod (or admin).

manker
09-28-2006, 10:06 AM

Wow, I never mentioned a name nor said it was you. Guilty conscience?:blink: Stirring shit? No-one has said publically that they thought it was lynx.

I can't think of a single reason why it would be brought up at this juncture.

Oh, wait. something just occured:

j2k4 and I resolved our differences regarding the missing posts some time ago, and he accepts that I had nothing to do with it.

Translates as:

Look everyone - j2k4 and I had a private disagreement and I won cos he's now saying that I'm right. Go me :01:

===

What a cawk :rolleyes:

Busyman™
09-28-2006, 09:51 PM
Wow, I never mentioned a name nor said it was you. Guilty conscience?:blink: Stirring shit? No-one has said publically that they thought it was lynx.

I can't think of a single reason why it would be brought up at this juncture.

j2k4 and I resolved our differences regarding the missing posts some time ago, and he accepts that I had nothing to do with it.

Translates as:

Look everyone - j2k4 and I had a private disagreement and I won cos he's now saying that I'm right. Go me :01:

===

What a cawk :rolleyes:

:smilie4:

I remember it being said publicly and defended lynx way back. Now I'm being called a shit shef. Go figure.:ermm:

lynx
10-02-2006, 02:15 PM

I can't think of a single reason why it would be brought up at this juncture.I couldn't think why it was brought up either, that's why I called it shit-stirring.

Translates as:

===

What a cawk :rolleyes:Only the sad individuals who think that there's some sort of disgrace in admitting a mistake was made would ignore the rest of the post and make that sort of "translation". It isn't a competition, it's setting the record straight.

Busyman
10-02-2006, 03:42 PM
No-one has said publically that they thought it was lynx.

I can't think of a single reason why it would be brought up at this juncture.I couldn't think why it was brought up either, that's why I called it shit-stirring.
Then...uh...why'd you bring it up first?:blink:

JPaul
10-02-2006, 04:20 PM
I don't even have an affinity for either of them

And this is how I find out, not even a PM. :(

Busyman™
10-02-2006, 11:08 PM
I don't even have an affinity for either of them

And this is how I find out, not even a PM. :(

:lol: :lol: frigging hilarious!

Adster
10-04-2006, 08:18 AM
everyone remember when I think it was haxor put up the entire mod forum posts and hosted them for all to read? the team chat?

Balam god who could forget him worst mod ever glad he went I thought he was forgotten lol

internet.news
10-09-2006, 04:02 PM
I think you must admit, even the staff here... Dr Hax hacking then posting teamchat on the internets was one of the greatest pwnage feats evar!! :01:

internet.news
10-09-2006, 04:26 PM
come on staffers.. you can.. you must know it.. you can you know.. just admit it.. come on.. it was wasn't it? :smilie4:

Barbarossa
10-09-2006, 04:29 PM
We should have a poll :)

internet.news
10-09-2006, 04:33 PM
We should have a poll :)

^yesh :01:

..hmm, in this section too I guess as it's related to the board :smilie4:

thewizeard
10-13-2006, 07:28 AM
..not at all so difficult, if you have the password...