PDA

View Full Version : Video Player

LilAznAccommodator
09-23-2006, 05:46 AM
Dear Readers,

I was wondering... After my time with playing different video formats.. finally taken notice to how some video formats play extremely... 'skippy' on Media Player Classic and play smoothly on let's say VLC Player... But in turn some Video formats don't work properly(No Audio) for VLC and for MPC works except it skips around.

Best example that I can give is... .TS
MPC=> Audio plays smoothly, but Video skips/lags
VLC=> USUALLY plays smoothly, and on certain .TS files tehre is no audio but video still plays smoothly.

And I am not too sure if this has anything to do with Codecs... And if so I use K-Lite Mega Codec if that makes any difference...

So I am not too sure as to what my Question is except for... Is there a way I can resolve this Video Skipping/Lagging in MPC? As I want to just stick to one Player (MPC) without needing multiple video players...

And to add.. .TS => HD(1080i) Videos... I am sure you all knew that though haha. Thanks

zapjb
09-23-2006, 11:03 AM
I think I'll always need VideoLAN.

david02
09-25-2006, 10:26 PM
It could be that te codecs used in windows media player are not the right ones for certain video formats. What you can try to do is uninstalling your recent codecs and install klite codec pack.

LilAznAccommodator
09-25-2006, 11:06 PM
I mentioned that I do use KLite Mega Codec Pack =X

lysine
09-26-2006, 02:15 AM
I generally stay away from codec packs and only install the minimal of what's needed (that won't play natively with VLC).

it could be an issue with your hardware not being powerful enough to play back the files smoothly.

LilAznAccommodator
09-26-2006, 03:14 AM
NOpe as other HD files play smoothly >< haha such a bleh problem.

david02
09-26-2006, 04:23 AM
:blushing: ehrm... I overlooked that you were using klite codec pack

Sometimes installing too many codecs can get people in trouble because some codecs can interfer with each other. probably you didn't but do not install ALL codecs from klite mega codec pack.

Maybe you can check with the program gspot what codec is needed for the lagging movie and deinstall that codec from klite's codec pack and download another similar one

your cpu or drivers seem to be working because VLC player can play it correctly

Maybe try a later version of windows mediaplayer or even try an early version of it

LilAznAccommodator
09-26-2006, 06:30 AM
Well I use Media Player Classic(that came int eh installion of KLite Mega Codec Pack) so I don't know if the version of it makes the difference...

Bahs.

david02
09-26-2006, 07:36 AM
installion.... hahahahaha, that looks like a freudian slip

I am not kidding if you think that :)

you can download gspot from here

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/v26x/gspot260b00.zip

unzip it to a folder, start the program and open the desired movie with it.
It will probably give you the codecs name . If you post it maybe it will help to solve the problem

LilAznAccommodator
09-26-2006, 08:07 AM
here is a screenshot.. but the funny thing is.. it does say codec not installed but then when I tried a file that works fine a few also say that... a few are well installed...

Ne'tu
09-26-2006, 11:41 AM
That's because you have an MPEG filter in your system so that's no problem.

The best solution for video playback including HDTV is CCCP + CoreAVC.

I don't want to say too much about K-Lite, just two words: it's bloated and messes up your system. :whistling

LilAznAccommodator
09-26-2006, 03:35 PM
Hmmm... If I were to install both CCCP+CoreAVC, best to uninstall KLite Codec or I can do it together?

Ne'tu
09-26-2006, 07:32 PM
Uninstall K-Lite, reboot and then install CCCP and CoreAVC.

CoreAVC is shareware but it's really needed for HDTV in case you have a slower CPU. Be careful, CoreAVC installer has Haali Media Splitter included so you don't need to install that because CCCP already has it.

LilAznAccommodator
09-26-2006, 11:21 PM
I will give that a try after I return home I suppose. *Hopes that fixes my problems*

LilAznAccommodator
09-27-2006, 06:55 AM
Interesting.. after I uninstalled KLite and installe dthose two.. I ALWAYS got a Codec error =X and only the audio plays.

Edit: For KLMCP, I changed...

Well it seems I just clicked 'System Default' for the DirectShow Video thingy and that seemed to solve the problem.. but then in doing that.. is there a difference of anythign as I din't select VMR9?

EDIT: Ahhh that only solved the problem on PC as it doesn't transfer over to TV when I want to watch things via TV >< And yeah.. back to the same problem again.. blehs...

Ne'tu
09-29-2006, 09:23 AM
Go to CCCP forum, you'll easily get nice support there.

They usually have more time than me to explain and fix what's wrong.

LilAznAccommodator
09-29-2006, 02:32 PM
Yay someone's method helped me and it WORKED!!! I am sooo happy, and for future reference, the thread is: Problem (http://mullemeck.serveftp.org/jps_beta/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53592)

And although that doesn't go into specifics, it seems the problem in a sense was Codecs as I had to switch from K-Lite Mega Codec to Nvidia PureVideo Decoder + CCCP, and that seemed to solve the problem.

LilAznAccommodator
09-29-2006, 11:37 PM
UPDATE:

Okay I am stupid but my problem was fixed and I just had to update my Video Cards Driver to a Beta one and that is where my problem came in again..

Explanation: Fix: Used Nvidia PureVideo(Standalone) and CCCP and added the Nvidia Filters into MPC and then in my Properties->Settings->Video Card-> Full Screen Video-> Put Secondary Display(TV) on{As default is Off}. And there we go problem solved my videos didn't play all choppy and I didn't need to change my Resolution on Monitor (1280x1024) to see everything perfectly on my tv that plays at (1024x768) which in the past I had to change my Monitor res everytime I played via tv....

K and then I installed the dumb beta driver that features "Pure Video (http://www.nvidia.com/page/purevideo.html)" and that is when the problem came...

And after uninstalling it reinstalling it (The Standalone Nvidia PureVideo and the Driver) I am stuck at my problem...

Problem: When I watch my videos on TV.. there are Black Gaps.. Depending on Files Extension(.TS/.AVI). For .TS files the gaps would be at the top and bottom (Almost as if I am watching WideScreen), and for .AVI files, the gaps are on the left and right. Of course... If I usemy TV Remote and change the Format, .TS=>Expand, .AVI=>Zoom, then they look just fine but that is a hassle and I don't want to do that as I didn't have to before i installed the dumb beta driver... And the settings within MPC were unchanged so it isn't like I changed anything on that to make it this way as things stayed the same as when it worked just fine.

So I am left at... What might have caused this to happen? When I uninstalled/reinstalled the Video Card Drivers I used DriveCleaner Pro, so I am sure it rid the driver... Not too sure if anyone has a clue as to what my problem is.. but if you do your help is greatly appreciated thank you.

PS: If it makes any difference, this is my TV (http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/j/i/18326?cid=8). Just look at the Product Specifications (.PDF) if it helps.

raaf
09-30-2006, 11:13 PM
I do use KLite Mega Codec Pack