PDA

View Full Version : Hide IP

thesixthsensor
09-25-2006, 01:47 AM
Is there a way that i can hide my IP adress from being seen while ul/dl torrents. I use Utorrent.

Broken
09-25-2006, 04:31 AM
no

Jaits
09-25-2006, 07:03 AM
Is there a way that i can hide my IP adress from being seen while ul/dl torrents. I use Utorrent.

u can always use a proxy 4 that... ur real ip will be hidden if the proxy is gd.. although u ll have to find a fast proxy as well as one that allows that kind of traffic, which are quite rare, but defenetely duable

Eleo
09-25-2006, 08:03 AM
Honestly, I don't think you'll be able to do it without paying money for it. I don't think you'll find a free proxy of that type.

I believe Azureus could do it with Tor, but Tor is slow thanks to more people using it than people providing for it. My advice (as I've said before) is to stay away from large public torrents on sites like piratebay, mininova, etc, and stick to private sites. You're pretty safe with newsgroups too.

zak2210
09-25-2006, 08:08 AM
Yeah, stay away from public trackers.

There is a program called Peerguardian 2 which keeps you protected from the copyright guys, I recommend you download that if you haven't done so already.

Jaits
09-25-2006, 08:13 AM
Honestly, I don't think you'll be able to do it without paying money for it. I don't think you'll find a free proxy of that type.

I believe Azureus could do it with Tor, but Tor is slow thanks to more people using it than people providing for it. My advice (as I've said before) is to stay away from large public torrents on sites like piratebay, mininova, etc, and stick to private sites. You're pretty safe with newsgroups too.

there are a few that do it actually, u just have to search hard to find them.... tor isnt even worth trying with....

Eleo
09-25-2006, 08:32 AM
Yeah, stay away from public trackers.

There is a program called Peerguardian 2 which keeps you protected from the copyright guys, I recommend you download that if you haven't done so already.

I don't think PeerGuardian really works. You kind of have to wonder when you seed a torrent on an invite-only tracker and the first leecher who starts to download is blocked... I just think it's a broken database of IP ranges that does more bad than good. There's nothing in particular that's convincing me that it works even some of the time.

To each his own...

Pr1nc3
09-25-2006, 10:31 AM
I (fully) agree.

almighty1
09-25-2006, 03:07 PM
Peerguardian wont hide IP, if you dont want peeps to see you IP address, dont use the Internet full stop. Best security measure is to use very private torrent sites.

senser
09-26-2006, 12:16 PM
I think this link might be something for u guy´s, it can be read in both swedish and english. You'll exchange the IP-number you get from your ISP to an anonymous IP-number . You get a safe/encrypted connection between your computer and the Internet. It´s called relakks check it out
https://www.relakks.com/?lang=eng&cid=gb

thesixthsensor
09-27-2006, 04:04 AM
Sounds cool but im broke. lol

Melvinmeow
09-27-2006, 11:15 AM
I think this link might be something for u guy´s, it can be read in both swedish and english. You'll exchange the IP-number you get from your ISP to an anonymous IP-number . You get a safe/encrypted connection between your computer and the Internet. It´s called relakks check it out
https://www.relakks.com/?lang=eng&cid=gb

Been using them for a few weeks now. I have no speed issues and im not even from that country using a 100mbit connection.

NOLesija
09-27-2006, 12:33 PM
yeah, too bad you have to pay for this

Melvinmeow
09-27-2006, 03:50 PM
Only comes to like $7 a month anyways.

stanford
09-28-2006, 03:13 PM

http://www.stayinvisible.com/index.pl/home
Try this site, you may find what you need.

ripnix
09-28-2006, 04:21 PM
yes, there is always a solution ;)
there are programs that will hide your ip
but you will mostly need a high anonymous proxy to do the job
so find anonymous proxy lists and get the ones that are high anonymous, cause else they will get u :D
but keep in mind that your dl/ul will be very slow cause of the proxy, ... ok, if you get a high bandwidth proxy it would be cool :D .... hmmm
your probably baned on a tracker, thats why you wanna do this,
its hard to full them and to continue dl/ul at high speeds
wish u good luck :D

fortbor
09-30-2006, 11:01 AM
try tihs one,
"hide my ip" http://www.hotlib.com/products1.php?id=22996

waterloo
09-30-2006, 11:14 AM
^That only works for browsing, not p2p.

raaf
09-30-2006, 11:25 PM
I (fully) agree.

kalle66
10-01-2006, 11:31 AM
then try this one its demo but works for everything both p2p and browsing .www.hide-my-ip.com