PDA

View Full Version : What IF President Bush got up tomoro and said..

NeoTheOne
09-26-2006, 01:01 AM
What IF President Bush got up tomoro and said that brocolii was illegal, how or is there an ammendment that can safe us as citizens from not abiding to thsi law. Like what im trying to say is , liek if he said No one can say shit about bush, well that can be overthrown by the ammendment of free speach . Is there an ammendment on food , what and what not we can eat ?

j2k4
09-26-2006, 01:25 AM
The elder Bush is the one who dislikes broccoli.

Bush the younger reportedly harbors a grudge against pretzels for past transgressions, but continues to eat them, nonetheless.

He holds no brief against broccoli, and would be loathe to waste valuable political capital trying to outlaw it.

NeoTheOne
09-26-2006, 01:43 AM
LOL no but what if he said it im talking about rights to eat? LMFAO

Virtualbody1234
09-26-2006, 03:20 PM
I think it's more about spinach these days.

The government already tells you what you can't eat.

http://www.fda.gov/

Karen DiConcet
09-26-2006, 05:06 PM
What IF President Bush got up tomoro and said that brocolii was illegal, how or is there an ammendment that can safe us as citizens from not abiding to thsi law. Like what im trying to say is , liek if he said No one can say shit about bush, well that can be overthrown by the ammendment of free speach . Is there an ammendment on food , what and what not we can eat ?

Doesn't being in Canada protect you from any brocolli bannage?

MagicNakor
09-26-2006, 06:18 PM
It's best not to apply logic to the War on Farmland Terror.

:shuriken:

NeoTheOne
09-26-2006, 10:24 PM
LOl seriosuly lol This question was asked in history class (American History Class) and yea thats why i posted it in the drawing room , its serious , not suppose to be funny

Biggles
09-26-2006, 10:34 PM
I think the answer would be that Bush could not wake up and apply a bannage to anything on a mere whim.

If he could prove to the Houses that Broccoli was as harmful as heroin then he might be on to a winner. However, just saying my Dad thinks it tastes nasty is not, I suspect, enough.

Isn't pretzl a slang word for a can of beer much like tinnie is in Australia? :shifty:

Busyman™
09-26-2006, 10:47 PM

Bush doesn't make law.

/close thread

tesco
09-26-2006, 11:33 PM
He can't just make up a law, it has to pass through senate or whatever it's called.
One of the things i remember from american history class is that the government's prinicipal is t hat it doesn't give any one person/group full control and that more than one have to agree.

NeoTheOne
09-27-2006, 12:57 AM
OOO ima argue that now , Thanks Rossco and BusyMan

Seedler
09-27-2006, 03:24 AM
I'm canadianian:P

lynx
09-27-2006, 08:58 AM
I'm canadianian:P
STFU ian

elitistpig
09-27-2006, 04:45 PM
I think a law saying you couldn't eat broccoli (unless it was actually harmful to public health) would be unconstitutional :P As for what it takes to pass a law, one needs the majority of the House of Reps (of which the total is 435) and a majority of the senate (of which the total is 100). The President can veto the law, however. The only recourse the senate has is to pass the law with a 2/3 majority, which makes it so the President can't sign it.

ahctlucabbuS
09-27-2006, 06:27 PM
One of the things i remember from american history class is that the government's prinicipal is t hat it doesn't give any one person/group full control and that more than one have to agree.

Except torture.

Busyman™
09-27-2006, 08:57 PM

Except torture.

:blink:

j2k4
09-27-2006, 09:13 PM

Except torture.

For some people, broccoli is torture. :huh:

MagicNakor
09-27-2006, 09:15 PM
Carrot juice constitutes murder.

Busyman™
09-27-2006, 09:22 PM
Just to clarify something regarding torture, Bush has a minor point.

The way many people are making torture, anything is torture.:dry:

Some Muslims find it torturous to be interogated by a women or wear women's underwear.:dry:

Soon you won't be able to use harsh language.

/end rant

j2k4
09-27-2006, 09:45 PM

Off topic. :noes:

Seedler
09-28-2006, 02:23 AM

lawl.:D