PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Good Tv Shows to Watch

yahoo12
10-02-2006, 04:50 PM
I just started watching House, before I had rarely watched much tv. Can you guys give me some shows to watch besides House, Lost , or Prison Break?

biff_m
10-02-2006, 04:54 PM
I think Heroes and Studio 60 (both on NBC on Mondays) are pretty good so far.

Chewie
10-02-2006, 06:13 PM
I'm in the middle of season4 at the moment. It's a struggle to turn it off and go to bed sometimes!

Schism
10-02-2006, 10:24 PM
Can you guys give me some shows to watch besides House, Lost , or Prison Break?

House M.D., Lost, Prison Break, 24, The Office, Numb3rs, Entourage, and Jericho. Everything else sucks.

Skiz
10-03-2006, 06:25 AM
How I Met Your Mother.

Funniest
Show
Ever.

Busyman™
10-03-2006, 07:33 AM
Babylon 5
Jeremiah
Heroes
Nip/Tuck
John Doe
The Shield
Medium
Space: Above and Beyond
In Living Color
Chappelle's Show
Alias

to start

Busyman™
10-03-2006, 07:33 AM
How I Met Your Mother.

Funniest
Show
Ever.

It is good but hardly the funniest....ever.

ttgd
10-05-2006, 03:00 AM
Chappelle's Show
Funniest ever for me by far

Weeds is quite good

scrambler
10-06-2006, 01:13 AM
grey's anatomy cracks me up. love that show.

cpt_azad
10-06-2006, 01:46 AM
Battlestar Galactica
Trailer Park Boys
JAG
Over There
Kyle XY

House M.D., Lost, Prison Break, 24, The Office, Numb3rs, Entourage, and Jericho. Everything else sucks.

stfu n00b

omgwirjo
10-07-2006, 10:34 AM
Bones, 24, Prison Break, 24, Numb3rs, CSI, CSI:NY, Law and Order SVU, Grey's Anatomy, LOST, Eureka, House, ...

I' watch and recommend all of them.

harminoff
10-07-2006, 07:47 PM
all you need is prison break. Download season one, it'll take you a few weeks to watch it all.

Skiz
10-08-2006, 09:30 PM
all you need is prison break. Download season one, it'll take you a few weeks to watch it all.

I watched several episodes of Prison Break when it first came out, I thought it was boring as hell. :sleep1:

MCHeshPants420
10-08-2006, 10:17 PM
Green Wing
Life on Mars
Robin Hood
Doctor Who
Extras
Monkey Dust
Phoenix Nights

Busyman™
10-08-2006, 10:35 PM

I watched several episodes of Prison Break when it first came out, I thought it was boring as hell. :sleep1:

I didn't like it all that either but it revved up. The same for many other shows like Medium.\

I just watched BSG and that was decent but it seems like the go to show right now is Heroes.

cpt_azad
10-09-2006, 02:02 AM

I watched all of season one and 3 eps of season 2 in a weekend with time left over to study for a test the following monday :mellow:

Busyman
10-09-2006, 01:10 PM
Green Wing
Life on Mars
Robin Hood
Doctor Who
Extras
Monkey Dust
Phoenix Nights

I tried watching Life On Mars but many times couldn't understand wtf the people were saying.:angry:

.....and the show looks good too.:(

MCHeshPants420
10-09-2006, 01:35 PM
Green Wing
Life on Mars
Robin Hood
Doctor Who
Extras
Monkey Dust
Phoenix Nights

I tried watching Life On Mars but many times couldn't understand wtf the people were saying.:angry:

You should use the subtitles to learn the Mancurian accent.

Funnily enough there is a story on BBC News about Life on Mars today, with a snippet of information that may prove interesting:

It is reported that Ally McBeal creator David E Kelley is making a pilot based on the show for US audiences.

Souce: Hit BBC One Drama Life on Mars to end (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6033735.stm)

Karen DiConcet
10-09-2006, 02:32 PM
Wouldn't it just confuse Americans more if they had American actors in 70s Manchester?

MCHeshPants420
10-09-2006, 04:49 PM
Wouldn't it just confuse Americans more if they had American actors in 70s Manchester?

I'd assume they'd all talk with fake cockney accents and wear fake crooked teeth.

Busyman™
10-09-2006, 08:54 PM

Funnily enough there is a story on BBC News about Life on Mars today, with a snippet of information that may prove interesting:

It is reported that Ally McBeal creator David E Kelley is making a pilot based on the show for US audiences.

Souce: Hit BBC One Drama Life on Mars to end (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6033735.stm)

I remember saying that the main barrier for US audiences liking brat TV shows was the accents and no one agreed.

If the story is sound, I have no problem with a remake. The Office seems like a hit and it's now in it's third season. I didn't like The (American) Office at first and I like Extras at first and now hate it.

The premis is good but the show is boring as fuck.

MCHeshPants420
10-09-2006, 09:25 PM

I remember saying that the main barrier for US audiences liking brat TV shows was the accents and no one agreed.

I'm wondering if it's not so much the accents in this case but also the language being used; 70's slang mixed with Northern expressions and Northern accents. Even us youngsters in the South of England struggled with the dialogue of the show at times. I think the show would always struggle to translate anyhow because it relies on the audience's memory of the 1970's in Britain for drama and comedy with regards to things like the testcard girl, our pub liscensing laws and our old cop shows, things that I would imagine to be pretty alien to the average American viewer.

BBC One's new show Robin Hood looks to avoid the accents problem by dumbing down the accents slightly, they even managed to get a cockney into Nottingham. :ermm:

dolev
10-10-2006, 05:41 AM
Everybody Hates Chris,My name is earl,Prison Break (for sure!!),Lost,Jericho,Heroes,Studio 60,Vanished,Smith,Kiddnaped,Kyle XY...
i watch all of them (kyle s01 finished, waiting to s02...).
try those shows.

erayee
10-10-2006, 09:15 AM
married with children the best show :)

Skiz
10-10-2006, 10:31 AM
married with children the best show :)

While yes, it was funny, some of us have moved into the 21st century. :happy:

StreetBit
10-10-2006, 03:21 PM
Everybody Hates Chris,My name is earl,Prison Break (for sure!!),Lost,Jericho,Heroes,Studio 60,Vanished,Smith,Kiddnaped,Kyle XY...
i watch all of them (kyle s01 finished, waiting to s02...).
try those shows.

I recommend Everybody Hates Chris which is the show Chris Rock is directing, I find the show very entertaining. Other then that i would also recommend Entourage(It's currently on a break though so you have to wait until it start up again) And if you like cars then Top Gear wouldn't be a bad choice. It shouldn't be to hard to find something good to watch with all the good suggestions that are in the thread :).

Gripper
10-10-2006, 03:34 PM
Just started with Vanished which is great,Supernatrual,Eureka and Heroes all get thumbs up.

InTheCave
10-13-2006, 05:43 PM
go dl the entire run of Twin Peaks. That's a show.
Vanished wishes it could lick the boots of Twin Peaks... ;)

Skillz808
10-13-2006, 07:48 PM
Prison Break, Lost, Heroes, FTW and when blade was on.

I love all those shows they rock

brenda
10-13-2006, 08:40 PM
Extras
Nathan Bartley
The Mighty Boosh
Peep Show
The Green Wing
Black Books
The Day Today

nothing to get your teeth into but all very funny

jadziadax
10-16-2006, 08:24 AM
Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars are both really good, in my opinion. I keep hearing good things about Heroes. Need to remember to watch it next time it comes on.

enkabe
10-17-2006, 06:45 PM
The Wire
House MD
Dexter
Weeds
The Closer

grove
10-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Ever seen OZ? And of course you have to see Nip/Tuck. Dr. Troy is the MAN!!:naughty:

grchl3
12-13-2006, 03:24 AM
My suggestions are The Office & Jericho