PDA

View Full Version : Killswitch Engage - As Daylight Dies [2006]

mr. nails
10-03-2006, 08:39 AM
whew, another new album from these guys already? lol, i'm not complaining! the last song they released off of the wwe (gay) soundtrack was pretty good and am hoping for this one to be GREAT! i've got half of this and it's ok. i'm hoping that the other half is crazy hard as the first half seems is half meh/half hard, but that's how this band rolls. at least in prior albums imo.

01. Daylight Dies
02. This is Absolution
03. The Arms of Sorrow
04. Unbroken
05. My Curse
06. For You
07. Still Beats Your Name
08. Eye of the Storm
09. Break The Silence
10. Desperate Times
11. Reject Yourself

album to be retail on november 21st

lee551
10-03-2006, 05:44 PM
i'll be watching for it.

silent h3ro
10-03-2006, 11:25 PM
FUCK YES!! Killswitch Engage is the pwnage. :D Gonna dl this later in November, might buy it if I have the cash.

Schism
10-03-2006, 11:27 PM
Metalcore.

S!X
10-03-2006, 11:32 PM
Metalcore.

Trivium anyone? :cool:

cpt_azad
10-04-2006, 01:45 AM
Metalcore.

Your point? Music is music, either like it or don't.

Got into these guys when Slipknot came to town, quite the band I must say. Alive or Just Breathing was fucking amazing imo.

Def. gonna buy this one when it comes out.

Damnatory
10-04-2006, 04:32 PM
Not sure exactly when I got into this band, but I remember a being wide-eyed in amazement that I had not heard of them before. I've been a huge fan since. Can't wait for this one now! :D

lee551
10-05-2006, 07:49 AM
Metalcore.

i luv metalcore. its the nu nu-metal but its ok. i'll be a fanboy of it forever.

i'm kinda scared because most of their songs are beginning to all sound exactly alike; akin to nickelback's problem. :lol: seriously, when i first heard 'this fire burns' i was like didn't they already do this exact song?

its widely known that ac/dc has this same affliction. :lol:

cpt_azad
10-05-2006, 09:16 AM
Metalcore.

i luv metalcore. its the nu nu-metal but its ok. i'll be a fanboy of it forever.

i'm kinda scared because most of their songs are beginning to all sound exactly alike; akin to nickelback's problem. :lol: seriously, when i first heard 'this fire burns' i was like didn't they already do this exact song?

its widely known that ac/dc has this same affliction. :lol:

:pinch:

lol, nickelback vs. metalcore.....id' take metalcore over them anyday.
I'm loving the whole "new wave of american heavy metal", so refreshing from nu-metal man cuz lets see....

1) its actual metal
2) ....its not nu-metal
3) lyrics aren't about being bullied and stuff like that lol

But to each his own.

I personally like Killswitch Engage and Trivium (not so much as KSE but like em nonetheless).

Which brings me to my next point, screw categorization, if I like something then :D, and if I don't then :dry:. Fact.

And AC/DC kicked ass regardless of the repetitiveness :D :01:

lee551
10-06-2006, 12:40 AM
do you think all their songs kinda sound waaaay too smiliar like nickelbacks or ac/dc's tho?

cpt_azad
10-06-2006, 01:43 AM
do you think all their songs kinda sound waaaay too smiliar like nickelbacks or ac/dc's tho?

Nickelback = chords...and they know nothing of chord progressions.

They def. remind me of a "harder" AC/DC with pinch harmonics everywhere lol

Schism
10-06-2006, 07:55 AM
i'm kinda scared because most of their songs are beginning to all sound exactly alike

That's the downside of metalcore. After a while, all of the variations, progressions, and riffs start sounding the same.

lee551
10-07-2006, 04:48 AM
cpt - i wasn't comparing them to ac/dc or nickelback. just that those are bands whose songs are indistinguishable from one to another. anyways, nevermind. :lol:

That's the downside of metalcore. After a while, all of the variations, progressions, and riffs start sounding the same.

yea. with definition metalcore bands it is all pretty much the same. but you gotta mix it up with all those other lovely cross-genre'd metal bands other there. there's sooooooooo many, you can't really get stuck in one sub-category.

cpt_azad
10-07-2006, 05:43 AM
cpt - i wasn't comparing them to ac/dc or nickelback. just that those are bands whose songs are indistinguishable from one to another. anyways, nevermind. :lol:

yea. with definition metalcore bands it is all pretty much the same. but you gotta mix it up with all those other lovely cross-genre'd metal bands other there. there's sooooooooo many, you can't really get stuck in one sub-category.

mhmm

Music's music you either like it or don't. Hey I still listen to rap man but granted only the good old stuff (old eminem, dre, eazy e, tupac) now those were the days :01: :happy:

scone
10-11-2006, 01:28 AM
Metalcore.

Trivium anyone? :cool:

Hell yea.
but I saw this cd on a torrent site, its a promo though. ;)

mr. nails
10-11-2006, 10:05 AM
full album is now available and if u like kse u'll enjoy this.

cpt_azad
10-11-2006, 04:32 PM
Downloading now

Damnatory
10-11-2006, 05:05 PM
I must say, this album is amazing!

cpt_azad
10-12-2006, 06:01 AM
Does anyone have a better download link? Possibly VBR?

cpt_azad
10-13-2006, 03:03 AM
Track 2 = fucking sex, this CD is just as good as Alive of Just Breathing :D:D

silent h3ro
10-21-2006, 01:14 AM
Fuck YES! Dling this now, thanks for the heads up.

cpt_azad
10-21-2006, 04:26 AM
Not sure, but here are the track numbers that are in my version:

1) Daylight Dies <---- fucking awesome song, amazing intro (i just love it), and clear message, awesome vocals too guitar work is top notch :D:D

2) This is Absolution

3) The Arms of Sorrow

4) Unbroken

5) My Curse

6) For You

7) Still Beats My Name

8) Eye of the Storm

9) Break the Silence <--- fuck ya, crazy song

10) Desperate Times

11) Reject Yourself