PDA

View Full Version : Ever heard of a Nightwatchman?

Wolfmight
10-03-2006, 07:46 PM
It's a unique type of Nightstick, with a nice surprise. This video will explain more.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0wYOhagnHw

Proper Bo
10-03-2006, 07:49 PM
Why the fuck would you want one of those? :huh:

JPaul
10-03-2006, 07:52 PM
I was going to say what type of fucking moron would want such a thing.

The sentiment is broadly similar tho'.

Proper Bo
10-03-2006, 07:54 PM
Also, why blur the face and hide the voice on the video?
I assume it's you/your voice in your other videos on youtube:huh:

Wolfmight
10-03-2006, 07:55 PM
Bash The Burglar of course!
Then say, "Disrespect me, and I Cut-Cha!"

Wolfmight
10-03-2006, 07:56 PM
Also, why blur the face and hide the voice on the video?
I assume it's you/your voice in your other videos on youtube:huh:

lol, the other videos arn't the same guy and I'm not in any of them :D

Proper Bo
10-03-2006, 07:56 PM
who is "The Burglar"?

Tempestv
10-03-2006, 08:08 PM
I've messed around with one of those before- when I was in TKD, my instructor had one of those and I messed around with it a little. very cool weapon, although a bit slow to deploy the knife if you want more than a basic club.

RealitY
10-03-2006, 08:09 PM
CrazyGlaringTalk.com

Where the paranoid nerve racked carzies chat...

Proper Bo
10-03-2006, 08:11 PM
I've messed around with one of those before- when I was in TKD, my instructor had one of those and I messed around with it a little. very cool weapon, although a bit slow to deploy the knife if you want more than a basic club.

I'll bear that in mind next time I need to deploy a knife.

JPaul
10-03-2006, 08:15 PM

The question one must ask is would you use it on a burglar.

Assume we're not talking a life and death situation here. Would you hit someone with that and potentially kill or maim them, in order to protect your video recorder.

Busyman™
10-03-2006, 08:29 PM

Where can you buy that? The only reason I don't like it is cos I have a 5 year-old around and (although it's not totally easy to deploy it) it has a long ass knife on it.

That looks like a good weapon to have under the bed but really you'd have to take precautions with it like one would do with a gun.

It'd be nice to have that for close quarters defense instead of a gun. I say just stick with a stick or baton. :dabs:

Proper Bo
10-03-2006, 08:31 PM
May I ask how many times you've been burgled at gunpoint in your own home, busy?

Tempestv
10-03-2006, 08:35 PM
Where can you buy that? The only reason I don't like it is cos I have a 5 year-old around and (although it's not totally easy to deploy it) it has a long ass knife on it.

my instructor had a catolog that was full of swords and such that he ordered it out off. I don't know off hand, but try smokey moutain knifeworks.

Busyman™
10-03-2006, 08:36 PM
May I ask how many times you've been burgled at gunpoint in your own home, busy?

zero

Busyman™
10-03-2006, 08:38 PM

my instructor had a catolog that was full of swords and such that he ordered it out off. I don't know off hand, but try smokey moutain knifeworks.

Yeah I have a sword already but I never wanna actually use it (display only:snooty:). I'll check the site out.

Proper Bo
10-03-2006, 08:41 PM

zero

Any need for an excessive amount of weaponry then?

JPaul
10-03-2006, 08:44 PM

Yeah I have a sword already but I never wanna actually use it (display only:snooty:). I'll check the site out.

I can understand that, having it as a martial artist, or as a display item.

However comments like "it's for da burglars" just make people sound like pricks.

internet.news
10-03-2006, 08:47 PM
people don't burgle him because they read on the net what doom befalls them if they enter..

if I was gonna burgle a house in Washington and in one I saw the silohette (sp) of a guy walking past with a sword and insepecter gadget stuff I would hit the house next door..

I don't know how you people can't see that.. Busy know's what he's doing :01:

Tempestv
10-03-2006, 08:53 PM

However comments like "it's for da burglars" just make people sound like pricks.

it makes you a prick if you are ready to defend your self?
personally, I can't justify buying one of those things. it just doesn't seem useful enough in a self defense situation to justify buying it. it's cool to play with, don't get me wrong, but the excitement wears off pretty quick

Tempestv
10-03-2006, 08:55 PM
people don't burgle him because they read on the net what doom befalls them if they enter..

if I was gonna burgle a house in Washington and in one I saw the silohette (sp) of a guy walking past with a sword and insepecter gadget stuff I would hit the house next door..

I don't know how you people can't see that.. Busy know's what he's doing :01:

and if that doesn't work, and you actually go in the house, I imagion that the sight of some guy rushing you with a sword would bring everything into focus pretty quickly

RealitY
10-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Shits and giggles and fillet the turkey and ta ladies dig it.

EDIT: Those missing the point are just homos...

internet.news
10-03-2006, 09:00 PM
and if you managed to take a photo of him (it's a washington thing) coming at you with sword and costume and survive it'll be sth to show people and tell stories about for years :01:

busy ftw :01:

JPaul
10-03-2006, 09:09 PM

it makes you a prick if you are ready to defend your self?

No, I'm prepared to defend myself, trust me I have done.

However comments like "it's for da burglars" when referring to something like that. That makes you a prick.

Like I said earlier, if you want it to practice martial arts, cool. If you want it to hang on your wall, also cool. No problem with either of those.

Tempestv
10-03-2006, 09:10 PM
and I bet you would steer clear of that house in the future

Tempestv
10-03-2006, 09:11 PM
@Jpaul- so it only makes you a prick if you arm yourself in case you are attacked?

JPaul
10-03-2006, 09:16 PM
@Jpaul- so it only makes you a prick if you arm yourself in case you are attacked?

Please see my earlier re whether you would be willing to use such a thing.

Bearing in mind that a burglar is not someone who is attacking you. It is someone who is stealing from you.

Proper Bo
10-03-2006, 09:20 PM
I thought that every burglar carried at least 3 guns and a toolbelt full of knives:unsure:

Tempestv
10-03-2006, 09:22 PM

Bearing in mind that a burglar is not someone who is attacking you. It is someone who is stealing from you.

it's been known for burglers and muggers to try and silence witnesses. personally, if I hear someone that does not belong in my house invite himself in in the middle of the night, I am not likely to assume that he just wants to help himself to the TV. I'm gonna tell him to get the fuck out of there and if he advances, I am going to fear that he is going to attack me and respond accordingly.

JPaul
10-03-2006, 09:24 PM

it's been known for burglers and muggers to try and silence witnesses. personally, if I hear someone that does not belong in my house invite himself in in the middle of the night, I am not likely to assume that he just wants to help himself to the TV. I'm gonna tell him to get the fuck out of there and if he advances, I am going to fear that he is going to attack me and respond accordingly.

And given the context you would arm yourself to deal with the situation, would that be right.

Tempestv
10-03-2006, 09:32 PM
of course- what if he fits bo's definition of a burgler? I don't want to face some hopped up burgler with a gun while unarmed do I?

Proper Bo
10-03-2006, 09:33 PM
of course- what if he fits bo's definition of a burgler? I don't want to face some hopped up burgler with a gun while unarmed do I?

:glag:

JPaul
10-03-2006, 09:42 PM

Fair point, you can face the "hopped up burglar" holding a gun, with you holding a big stick with a knife on the end.

That'll calm things down.

Tempestv
10-03-2006, 09:59 PM
I never said that I would use such a weapon for that purpose, and that I could not justify buying such a weapon.

Mr JP Fugley
10-03-2006, 10:15 PM
I never said that I would use such a weapon for that purpose, and that I could not justify buying such a weapon.

I'm confused now. What actually is your position.

Busyman™
10-03-2006, 10:36 PM
zero

What's excessive?

Busyman™
10-03-2006, 10:46 PM

You must understand that apparently in bratland when folks burgle homes there is a sign on their back and a recorded message playing over and over thru their mp3 player speakers (also stolen) saying, "I'm only 'ere ta burgle."

We don't have such luxuries ova here.

Burglars ova in these parts tend to be offended of such a one-dimensional title. Without even a bother they like the rapist/murderer title also.

RealitY
10-03-2006, 10:46 PM
If they dont show up at your house Im sure you could find some of these scums around to have at it with...

Proper Bo
10-03-2006, 10:54 PM

What's excessive?

It's an adjective meaning exceeding a normal, usual, reasonable, or proper limit.

Tempestv
10-03-2006, 11:19 PM

I stated earlyer that I have handled the weapon that the video that started this myth was demenstrating, and while it is kinda cool, and would be cool to have, it isn't very far up my to buy list becuase I don't really have a use for it. therefore, if some drug crazed lunitic with a gun invited himself into my house unannounced, I would not be meeting him with the nightwatchman. my point was that I would be holding a much more effective and practical weapon.

Tempestv
10-03-2006, 11:26 PM
It's an adjective meaning exceeding a normal, usual, reasonable, or proper limit.

but what's normal? a milita group near me called project 7 wanted to kill enough people in order to get the national guard called in, then kill enough of them to get NATO called in, so that we would have lots of armys here when the red chinese attacked. not a joke. would it be reasonable for me to have a larger than normal weapons collection to defend myself if these crazys start trying to kill everyone in sight?

Proper Bo
10-03-2006, 11:31 PM

I stated earlyer that I have handled the weapon that the video that started this myth was demenstrating, and while it is kinda cool, and would be cool to have, it isn't very far up my to buy list becuase I don't really have a use for it. therefore, if some drug crazed lunitic with a gun invited himself into my house unannounced, I would not be meeting him with the nightwatchman. my point was that I would be holding a much more effective and practical weapon.

how often do drug crazed lunatics with guns invite themeselves into your house though?

Proper Bo
10-03-2006, 11:32 PM

but what's normal? a milita group near me called project 7 wanted to kill enough people in order to get the national guard called in, then kill enough of them to get NATO called in, so that we would have lots of armys here when the red chinese attacked. not a joke. would it be reasonable for me to have a larger than normal weapons collection to defend myself if these crazys start trying to kill everyone in sight?

Not really, you can only use one, maybe two, at a time.:blink:

Karen DiConcet
10-03-2006, 11:38 PM
If they were prepared to kill many members of the national guard I think getting a bike and leaving town would be a better option, or a Phalanx CIWS.

Tempestv
10-03-2006, 11:54 PM
If they were prepared to kill many members of the national guard I think getting a bike and leaving town would be a better option, or a Phalanx CIWS.

the leader and a couple of the highups got thrown in jail on some weapons charges like unregistered machine guns and whatnot, but the cops don't have any idea how many there are in the group. plus, they think project 7 was one group out of a couple. a while back they numbered the countys according to total population, and the county number is part of the license plate which tells which county the truck is registered in. so for example, license plates from flathead county read something like 7-XXXX, and the cops think that they used this numbering system to make it easy to keep track of poteintial groups in each county. they were investigating project 56, which is lincoln county, but I don't think they arrested anyone.

how often do drug crazed lunatics with guns invite themeselves into your house though?

Luckly not yet, but I would rather be safe then sorry- if it does happen, it's a good idea to have a plan before they are in the house.

Proper Bo
10-04-2006, 12:14 AM

Luckly not yet, but I would rather be safe then sorry- if it does happen, it's a good idea to have a plan before they are in the house.

shit, I've just realised it hasn't happened to me either ... yet:ph34r:
I must be overdue a shooting from a drug crazed lunatic, I'd better by some guns:O

Tempestv
10-04-2006, 12:27 AM
I must be overdue a shooting from a drug crazed lunatic, I'd better by some guns:O

considering the way that home invasion is on the rise in the UK since handguns have been banned, might not be a bad idea

Proper Bo
10-04-2006, 12:44 AM

considering the way that home invasion is on the rise in the UK since handguns have been banned, might not be a bad idea

Instances of drug crazed lunatics with guns sneaking into peoples' houses to shoot them are on the rise? Or did you mean burglaries? (ie someone trying to nick a telly)

Also, may we see the statistics upon which your claims are based, please.

Busyman™
10-04-2006, 01:20 AM

Instances of drug crazed lunatics with guns sneaking into peoples' houses to shoot them are on the rise? Or did you mean burglaries? (ie someone trying to nick a telly)

See that's just it. I am the type that won't leave it up to chance on an intruders intentions. You basically have no plan in case it happens.

You consider owning a gun superfluous but I consider it a lifesaver but otherwise transparent.

Me and you are in same boat....no one has intruded in the house while we were home. Where we differ - if someone does you are banking on that he or they won't harm you. I have something to protect myself.

I have no desire to shoot someone for taking my shit. However, when one encroaches upon my home, one's intentions are unavailable to me. I will not chance it for a silly ideal of 'no guns' as if it's some moral commandment but yet knives, bats, sticks, harsh language, screwdrivers, and telephone ABS are ok then.:crazy:

Now if it's a desire to not protect oneself or family then that person is just spineless. If you would but have something against weapons then you are just stupid.

Everyone has their level of security....a car alarm, house alarm, Mase, pepper spray, gun, stick, window bars or a fucking whistle.

With what I've seen in this world, they are all warranted.

"Why the fuck do they have window bars? They are the only ones around here with that."

Oh well, I guess it'd be harder for someone to break in through their windows.:idunno: (I personally think they are fugly as fuck)

I remember someone ragging on me cos I had a carbon monoxide detector as part of my home alarm system. Just in case..........otherwise simply having it is transparent until it goes off.

Proper Bo
10-04-2006, 01:36 AM

See that's just it. I am the type that won't leave it up to chance on an intruders intentions. You basically have no plan in case it happens.

You consider owning a gun superfluous but I consider it a lifesaver but otherwise transparent.

Me and you are in same boat....no one has intruded in the house while we were home. Where we differ - if someone does you are banking on that he or they won't harm you. I have something to protect myself.

Do all Americans associate being burgled with being raped and/or murdered?
Not a single person I know who has been burgled has even seen the intruder, let alone been attacked by them. If you all have drug crazed gun toating lunatics in your area, you may want to consider moving instead of buying up an arsenal.

In the off chance that I was to have an intruder, I wouldn't be in need of a gun because A) your typical burglar wants to be in and out as fast as possible without being detected, therefore not creeping up the stairs and into my room to try and kill me, and B) I'm capable of handling an intruder using only my hands (and possibly the hands of my older brothers if needed).

Busyman™
10-04-2006, 01:54 AM

Not a single person I know who has been burgled has even seen the intruder, let alone been attacked by them. If you all have drug crazed gun toating lunatics in your area, you may want to consider moving instead of buying up an arsenal.

In the off chance that I was to have an intruder, I wouldn't be in need of a gun because A) your typical burglar wants to be in and out as fast as possible without being detected, therefore not creeping up the stairs and into my room to try and kill me, and B) I'm capable of handling an intruder using only my hands (and possibly the hands of my older brothers if needed).

Typical?:lol: :lol:

In the off chance I have CO leaking throughout the house, I'd wanna be alerted.

That's we are talking about, the off chance. I'm not going relinquish my gun just to say that I don't need it and can use fisticuffs.:dabs:

When threatened I use what's available, even that damn Nightwatch stick if nearby.:glag:

And yes many Americans have heard of home invasions where the object was to burgle but the evil fucks went and killed everybody. Old ladies get raped and shit, knuckleheads just wanna flex a kill someone to brag about it (there is some truth behind the silly ideal in the movie Juice) so yes ya damn right, a person gets to close in my home they are getting fucked up.

Law enforcement ain't at my house when an intruder breaks in. The "prim and propa authorities" would draw their weapon if they were in the same boat but I can't? Of course I can and will.

Keep in mind that I woudln't dumb shit like go off half-cocked to investigate some rummaging in my darkened basement but what say if that rummaging decided to come upstairs.

It's not out of the realm of possibility.

So fuck with anything but don't come in my home where my family sleeps, eats, and is supposed to feel safe.

Proper Bo
10-04-2006, 02:57 AM

Oh, sorry:

Typical adj.
1.Exhibiting the qualities, traits, or characteristics that identify a kind, class, group, or category: a typical suburban community.
2.Of or relating to a representative specimen; characteristic or distinctive.
3.Conforming to a type: a composition typical of the baroque period.

That's we are talking about, the off chance. I'm not going relinquish my gun just to say that I don't need it and can use fisticuffs.:dabs:

Ah, the off chance. I think I might start carrying some anti-venom in the off chance that I get bitten by a venomous snake, or I might start wearing extra thick rubber soled shoes in the off chance that I get struck by lightning.

JPaul
10-04-2006, 07:03 AM

Such as.

Tempestv
10-04-2006, 07:39 AM
Remington 870 with buckshot or slug, although I was quite found of that Mossberg I was looking at the other day. I wish I had some more money to pick that up right now.

JPaul
10-04-2006, 08:23 AM
A shotgun. Now presumably your keeping that locked up nice and safe so that no-one actually kills themself with it. However easily to hand so you can kill the burglar who enters your home. I'm assuming you want to kill him, no real reason to use a slug otherwise.

MCHeshPants420
10-04-2006, 08:40 AM
Ah, the off chance. I think I might start carrying some anti-venom in the off chance that I get bitten by a venomous snake, or I might start wearing extra thick rubber soled shoes in the off chance that I get struck by lightning.

I have a nuclear bunker installed in my flat in case Perry Smith and Richard Hickock ever come calling.

Barbarossa
10-04-2006, 08:57 AM
Surely the carbon monoxide detector would alert the burglar to the danger of imminent suffocation? :blink:

Or have I missed the point. :unsure:

Busyman™
10-04-2006, 09:25 AM

Oh, sorry:

Typical adj.
1.Exhibiting the qualities, traits, or characteristics that identify a kind, class, group, or category: a typical suburban community.
2.Of or relating to a representative specimen; characteristic or distinctive.
3.Conforming to a type: a composition typical of the baroque period.

Ok?

manker
10-04-2006, 09:37 AM

I don't know how you people can't see that.. Busy know's what he's doing :01::glag: :earl:

Tempestv
10-04-2006, 03:36 PM
A shotgun. Now presumably your keeping that locked up nice and safe so that no-one actually kills themself with it.

or everyone that handles it does so following proper gun safety practices.

However easily to hand so you can kill the burglar who enters your home. I'm assuming you want to kill him, no real reason to use a slug otherwise.

I only want to kill an invader if he attacks me- if I tell him to get his hands in the air and he tries to draw a gun or knife. if he holds his hands in the air, and calmly waits for police, I'm happy. same if he turns and runs for the door. hopefully the whole thing will never happen of course, but if it does, I'll be ready. hell, there is the chance that the thief hears the shotgun being racked and runs out before I even point the thing at him. besides the shotgun is something I would want anyways, for hunting and such.

a friend of mine had a crook running from the cops try to take safe refuge in his house, except that the guy found himself starring down a shotgun barrel when he broke down the door to get in. burglary isn't the only reason someone may break in.

JPaul
10-04-2006, 03:44 PM
Indeed. People also always forget about hamesucken.

Cheese
10-04-2006, 03:50 PM
The sight of me in just my boxer shorts would be enough to scare off most intruders, if that fails I'd throw the cat at him.

manker
10-04-2006, 03:52 PM
The sight of me in just my boxer shorts would be enough to scare off most intruders, if that fails I'd throw the cat at him.
You'd change out of your jim-jams into your boxers before confronting any intruder?

That's a very blasé attitude, David.

internet.news
10-04-2006, 03:58 PM
yeah.. the worst effects related to gun ownership is the mass of threads it generates using the same 3 or 4 posts in different orders/wordings again and again and again :pinch:

Barbarossa
10-04-2006, 04:06 PM
I used to sleep sans clothes but now I wear army combats and Doctor Martin boots, just in case my home gets invaded and I have to apprehend some villain on the stairs :01:

JPaul
10-04-2006, 04:09 PM
I used to sleep sans clothes but now I wear army combats and Doctor Martin boots, just in case my home gets invaded and I have to apprehend some villain on the stairs :01:

You have some form of surface to stairs laser guided anti-invader system, Shirley.

Cheese
10-04-2006, 04:10 PM

You should probably wear a protective suit to bed in case terrorists launch a super-aids chemical attack in your local area.

manker
10-04-2006, 04:20 PM
I hang a sign on my front door saying 'Beware of the American'.

No intruders yet.

Busyman
10-04-2006, 04:31 PM

You should probably wear a protective suit to bed in case terrorists launch a super-aids chemical attack in your local area.

He doesn't need all that shit. He's already got the aids.

Busyman
10-04-2006, 04:33 PM

You are an evil man.