PDA

View Full Version : Smoking free world???? Your Views...

gamer4eva
10-03-2006, 09:37 PM
I want to ask your views on if it became law that smoking was banned and how would the people react? Would they still smoke? Do you think that a smoking free world is bound to happen?:lol:

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Proper Bo
10-03-2006, 09:40 PM
It'd be just like any other illegal drug, if I wanted to do it, I would.

JPaul
10-03-2006, 09:48 PM
It'd be just like any other illegal drug, if I wanted to do it, I would.

What he said.

internet.news
10-03-2006, 09:57 PM
^I agree with JP

Proper Bo
10-03-2006, 09:58 PM
:sage:

Tempestv
10-03-2006, 10:08 PM
the alchohol prohibition in the US worked real well didn't it?

SHUVT
10-03-2006, 10:20 PM
It will never be completely banned, just restricted. Tabaco companies have way to much money flowing within our political parties to take that big of a hit. We eventually will only be able to smoke in our own homes. Here in California they banned it in almost every public place including beaches and parks.

Whats a smoker to do? as I pack my lip with a pinch of dip and take a hit of my marlboro.

j2k4
10-03-2006, 11:05 PM

Indeed; to this day I know of no one who has indulged in the consumption thereof.

Smith
10-04-2006, 12:43 AM
Funny, Im doing an essay on this topic right now. I dont think smoking should be banned, I think the price of cigarettes should be so high that people stop buying them, and stop sharing them with other peoples.

Like 25$ a pack.

Proper Bo
10-04-2006, 12:46 AM
Funny, Im doing an essay on this topic right now. I dont think smoking should be banned, I think the price of cigarettes should be so high that people stop buying them, and stop sharing them with other peoples.

Like 25$ a pack.

So only the rich could smoke?

Although 25$ is only a little over double their current price here anyway:dabs:

Tempestv
10-04-2006, 12:57 AM

Like 25$ a pack.

so we create a back market on tax free cancer sticks?

Busyman™
10-04-2006, 01:31 AM

Ahhh but alcohol is fun, cigs (fags for brat) are not, and weed is.

Notice that weed is illegal yet probably everyone here could get some if they wanted it.

I personally would love to see it banned but grandfather it for those who are already smokers.

It will slowly fade to being a niche product.

As I said, cigs (again fags, brats) are not fun.

Proper Bo
10-04-2006, 01:46 AM

Notice that weed is illegal yet probably everyone here could get some if they wanted it.

I personally would love to see it banned but grandfather it for those who are already smokers.

Hoi, they're tabs, fag.

Busyman™
10-04-2006, 01:55 AM

Hoi, they're tabs, fag.

Ho, they are fags, faggot.

Barbarossa
10-04-2006, 08:46 AM
meh! :dabs:

smoking is stupid, I don't understand why the tobacco companies don't find a more efficient and environmentally-friendly way to get people to ingest their tobacco.

Same with dope.

gamer4eva
10-04-2006, 09:26 AM
Some interesting views here....and i think that most of you are right. Money made on cigarettes are really high and it could impact the economy and stuff and taxes made on them. But a good idea is the $25 per pack thing. Although it would not work out the way you expect. I went abroad once to bangladesh and i noticed most if not all of the villagers or town folks could not afford to pay per pack so they bought seperates. I think that no matter what is done to prevent people from smoking people will always do it. I know that a smoking free planet is never going to happen but a guy can dream eh!!!!

manker
10-04-2006, 09:40 AM
I don't give a fuck about the rest of the world, but if it could be made law that no-one is allowed to smoke within a half mile radius of where I am at any given time, or where I'm likely to be going subsequent to that, it would be much appreciated.

JPaul
10-04-2006, 10:40 AM
I don't give a fuck about the rest of the world, but if it could be made law that no-one is allowed to smoke within a half mile radius of where I am at any given time, or where I'm likely to be going subsequent to that, it would be much appreciated.

As ever the philatelist.

Proper Bo
10-04-2006, 10:46 AM
Stamp collecter?:unsure:

Barbarossa
10-04-2006, 10:49 AM
rod? :rod:

manker
10-04-2006, 10:52 AM
I think JP's used that particular bait before with no success.

This time, tho', he can be proud of his tiddler.

Proper Bo
10-04-2006, 10:57 AM
This time, tho', he can be proud of his tiddler.

fnar fnar

Tempestv
10-04-2006, 05:09 PM

so the smokers would have to register in order to go on smoking?

and, if they aren't fun, how come they sell so many of them?
granted, the things are addictive, but why would people start smoking if it isn't fun?

JPaul
10-04-2006, 05:14 PM
I had always taken that as peer pressure.

Busyman™
10-04-2006, 09:22 PM

so the smokers would have to register in order to go on smoking?

and, if they aren't fun, how come they sell so many of them?
granted, the things are addictive, but why would people start smoking if it isn't fun?
It's not fun. Some think it's cool or try cos others try it.

I tried it in an alley with about 6 other fellas and it has to be like when one first tries Diet Coke. It fucking sucks. (as a side note, every single person I've asked that drinks Diet Coke said they hated it at first)

Think about it. What good qualities would that first smoke make a person come back for?

Maryanna > Cigarettes

Tempestv
10-04-2006, 09:32 PM
those under 18 aren't allowed to smoke, yet those that do are not uncommon. in montana, it's something like 30% of all teens. so if they started smoking before it was legal, what is complete ban going to do?

JPaul
10-04-2006, 09:57 PM
those under 18 aren't allowed to smoke, yet those that do are not uncommon. in montana, it's something like 30% of all teens. so if they started smoking before it was legal, what is complete ban going to do?

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-smoking-free-world-your-views-post1490824/postcount2

Busyman™
10-04-2006, 10:10 PM

Make it so that less of them smoke.

Do you think more youngsters would smoke weed if it was legal for adults?

Of course they would. It'd be more ubiquitous.

Anything driven underground is done less.

Saying "they'll if they want to" doesn't cut it. It would be more of a hassle.

It would be easier for me to smoke weed if I could buy the stuff at the corner store but I can't.

Proper Bo
10-04-2006, 10:12 PM
But if you still wanted it, you could get it, non?

MagicNakor
10-04-2006, 10:17 PM
I can buy weed at the corner store...

:shuriken:

Busyman™
10-04-2006, 10:21 PM

It would be more of a hassle.

:1eye:

Proper Bo
10-04-2006, 10:24 PM
It would be more of a hassle.

:1eye:

My mistake, I'm sorry, I don't really read your posts.

JPaul
10-04-2006, 10:25 PM

Don't even bother arguing the point.

To Busy logic means "what makes sense to me, don't ever actually look at the facts they might be inconvenent. Let's just stick to what I "know" to be true."

Let's be honest here, the chap has a point. Youngsters go out of their way not to do things which aren't allowed. Heaven forbid that they would do something just because it was against the rules. That's just mad talk.

Smith
10-05-2006, 01:34 AM

Like 25$ a pack.

So only the rich could smoke?

Although 25$ is only a little over double their current price here anyway:dabs:

Exactly, because poor people are just getting poorer spending money on smokes, and they cant afford the healthcare once they do get get sick.

Win win.

Jon L. Obscene
10-05-2006, 01:56 AM
I want to ask your views on if it became law that smoking was banned

I seriously can't see any goverment banning smoking simply due to the massive revenue they get from it, the whole argument of cost of lung cancer treatment vs. revenue from smoking we done on here a while back with the results being that revenue wins by a landslide. To much money involved to ban.

and how would the people react?

Thats a tricky one, as some have said about the prohibition thing in the States, but as smoking is becoming less and less socially acceptable I don't know if the outcry would be near as extreme as some would believe.

Would they still smoke?

Yes. No doubt at all.

Do you think that a smoking free world is bound to happen?:lol:

Possibly but I think that time is quite a way off again mainly due to the amount of money to be made by goverments.

Personally I would love to see a smoke free world, wish I'd never started and will quit at some point when I'm ready.

Jonno :cool: