PDA

View Full Version : Bt Film Problem

mark845
05-08-2003, 07:26 PM
ok i have nowdowloaded old school 5 times from Bittorrent and each time it has been corrupt i think&#33;wot itis when i try to play it it brakes up and ther is a green bar at the bottom, ive removed all my codecs and tryed each one and still the same thing happens, ive just done a fresh install of xp and installed the kazaalite codec pack and its still doing the same thing <_< anyone have any ideas wot it could be????????

NotoriousBIC
05-08-2003, 09:31 PM
Bittorrent has automatic hash-checking, so corruption could be possible, but is unlikely.

Have you tried using GSpot and looking what codec the film is encoded with?
The green bar thing sounds awfully like a codec problem to me.

Is it a release from a known release-group? If not, perhaps it could be a crappy encode.

mark845
05-09-2003, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by NotoriousBIC@8 May 2003 - 22:31
Bittorrent has automatic hash-checking, so corruption could be possible, but is unlikely.

Have you tried using GSpot and looking what codec the film is encoded with?
The green bar thing sounds awfully like a codec problem to me.

Is it a release from a known release-group? If not, perhaps it could be a crappy encode.
tryed g spot but that didnt help, all it said in the codec box n.a and its a screener so it should brok , itsreraly starting to piss me off now :angry:

Schmiggy_JK23
05-09-2003, 06:50 AM
Look at the bottom of gspot, what are ur direct show renderers? could be that... i had elecards mpeg2 decoder, but it was shit, cuz it wasnt registered.. and when i didnt have it installed, i would get that same type of thing from mpgs... so see what u have down there, you may need to fully remove what ever is ur direct show render, ie, the video/audio codecs on the right side... and then install the klite pack...

cuz i installed the klite pack, but it wouldnt install over elecard... so i even had to remove it from the registry, then install the klite pack, which contains the ligos mpeg2 codecs, which are far better....