PDA

View Full Version : Best Registry Cleaner/Uninstaller?

manofstyle
10-06-2006, 12:15 PM
What do you guys think is the best program for removing all traces of programs from the registry (after I uninstall them)? I know I can do it manually in regedit, but I thought maybe there's a good program that can do it faster.

I am running Win XP Pro

david02
10-06-2006, 12:31 PM
I use ccleaner and recently I tried WinASO registry optimizer which is good too

100%
10-06-2006, 01:26 PM
ccleaner is ultra safe, it will not clean the "real stuff"
search

david02
10-06-2006, 01:41 PM
ccleaner is ultra safe, it will not clean the "real stuff"
search

It seems that way, yes

WINASO registry optimizer for instance finds a lot more ''problems'' then ccleaner but I like ccleaner a lot

Damnatory
10-06-2006, 04:33 PM
I use TuneUp Utilities, seems to work fine. It also has alot of other automated registry fixes that speed your computer up alot.

manofstyle
10-07-2006, 12:20 AM
Thanks guys, I'll check out ccleaner.

peat moss
10-07-2006, 05:45 AM
I use both Ccleaner and Tuneup Utility 2006 and know how to manualy clean up
the Reg. I still use Regcleaner for all the stuff I missed ! :lol:

Link : http://www.worldstart.com/weekly-download/archives/reg-cleaner4.3.htm

sear
10-07-2006, 06:36 AM
TuneUp is def a good one I can also recomend XP Tools it has alot of extra functions and does a good job of cleaning up the reg.

peat moss
10-07-2006, 08:15 PM
TuneUp is def a good one I can also recomend XP Tools it has alot of extra functions and does a good job of cleaning up the reg.

Ya its funny never really trusted any of them , Tuneup is my first choice and really like Regcleaner . You would have to unistall a program ,then run your reg cleaner of choice then run Regcleaner to pick off what you missed .

In fairness if you run another program it may find more invalid entries .... So who's the best ? I'v yet to figure that out . :pinch:

manofstyle
10-07-2006, 10:01 PM
ccleaner seemed to do the job. I needed it for removing activation info from a proggie I accidentally updated and then it stopped working. I ran ccleaner then reinstalled and it's working fine now. I might try tuneup as well to see what it finds.

sear
10-07-2006, 11:43 PM

Ya its funny never really trusted any of them , Tuneup is my first choice and really like Regcleaner . You would have to unistall a program ,then run your reg cleaner of choice then run Regcleaner to pick off what you missed .

In fairness if you run another program it may find more invalid entries .... So who's the best ? I'v yet to figure that out . :pinch:

yah it is prety hard to tell I just find I get good results with that combo and my comp runs well so what more can I ask. I think every one has their prefered programs it all comes down to trust. :)

digmen1
10-08-2006, 12:39 AM
I use Regcleaner and the CCleaner I like the combination of both.

But there is a lot of setting up to do with Ccleaner or it removes a whole lot of settings etc that I like to keep. And cookies as well !

Regards

Digby

famous45
10-08-2006, 07:25 AM
I use registry mechanic and it works great. Removes all the junk registry entries after and uninstallation.

omgwirjo
10-10-2006, 10:28 AM
CCleaner does it for me :D

StreetBit
10-10-2006, 05:59 PM
Been using CCleaner for a while now and I cant complain, it does its job;)

threelions00
10-10-2006, 07:34 PM
I used Registry Cleaner...once...i 'borrowed' it from isohunt.com and it installed Deskbar along with it...and that is nasty to get rid of...grrr...so back to trusty old registry mechanic!

scone
10-11-2006, 01:26 AM
Ccleaner is the best imo.
I still use my regcleaner, occassionally, recommened by techtv back in the day.

BombayMan
10-11-2006, 05:00 PM
i also use registry mechanic and it takes care of most of the problems

100%
10-11-2006, 05:46 PM
Did you know that some registry cleaners are known to actually "make up" errors found in the registry just to come across as though they find more than others.
Read this somewhere a while ago, sorry no linkage.

david02
10-11-2006, 08:14 PM
hmm I used only ccleaner for cleaning in the past but I recently installed WInASO registry optimizer and ran it after ccleaner .. it found more ''errors''

Then I installed Tuneup registry cleaner and it found again lots more 'errors' after the other programs had their cleaning

Seedling
10-12-2006, 04:41 PM
Im using Registry Mechanic and CCleaner, both great softs

Shadowfire
10-21-2006, 12:41 AM
I use Tuneup Utilities. I find that it's an excellent tool for multiple maintenance jobs - disk cleaning, registry cleaning, registry defragmenting, startup control, etc.

peat moss
10-21-2006, 01:25 AM
I use Tuneup Utilities. I find that it's an excellent tool for multiple maintenance jobs - disk cleaning, registry cleaning, registry defragmenting, startup control, etc.

I like that one too but have been trying out Error Doctor just for fun . You know when you run one proram it finds a few errors , try anouther it finds a few more and so on ?

Well Error Doc found 14 the others missed ,11 Active X and two Device drivers issues . I'm thinking BS no fucking way ! I have a clean error free system ! :snooty: I don't trust the " SCAN BUT PAY " to fix programs but it had piqued my curiousity . I won't even post a link as it will just piss the noobs off but was wondering if any had tryed it ?

I tryed it fixed the 14 errors ,then ran Tune up which then found the errors and deleted them . Ran the error Doc backup to replace the files and Tune up can't find them . :huh: So was it an Reg. error or just a trick by Error Doc ? :whistling