PDA

View Full Version : crikeym8, why i got banned.

bouncerday
10-08-2006, 07:58 PM
Now i dont know who these guys are but i got banned last night because i failed to seed back a torrent 100%. Snakes on a train vhs. Then they tell me that because i am a leech that they dont want me around and in no small way told me to get lost. I seeded back 91%. Now this is the funny part, they left me stay on long enough to tell me that i would also be banned at any other sites that i was a member of because they beleived if they dont want me then probly no one else would either. Sure enough , i was a member of 17 torrent sites as of yesterday, now i can only get into 9 sites. I have been banned everywhere.
this was the pm i received.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yo, bouncer, when you joined up at crikeym8.com there was a big red newsletter that stuck out like dogs balls. let me repeat what it said,

WE HAVE A POLICY HIT AND RUN THREE TIMES THEN YOU CAN SAY GOODBYE. IF YOU CANNOT ADHERE TO THIS RULE THEN WE DONT WANT YOU! IF YOU WISH TO TEST US THEN PLEASE DO SO. DONT GO BITCHING WHEN YOU ONLY GET HALF A FILE.. IF YOU DONT LIKE OUR RULES THEN GO ELSEWHERE.!..

Now what do you not understand about our disclaimer. We put the disclaimer there for a reason, so you know exactly what to expect when you enter our doors. We dont hide it nor to we trick you, we dont ask you for money, just repect the rules that not I, but our members have themselfs requested. We are 4 weeks old and have 1000 members, you buddy will not be one of them.

enjoy public torrenting mate.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just dont think its fair...

deuce6000
10-08-2006, 08:22 PM
I have a feeling someone didnt do there meds today but if this is true then its all a conspiracy against you so none of us have to worry :).Gl with everything.

Xsensei
10-08-2006, 08:32 PM
I think this is some kind of promo for <crikeym8> tracker...:P( 4 weeks, 1000 members...nice...) :rofl:

Pr1nc3
10-08-2006, 09:02 PM
I see alot of baiting lately...
:dabs:
1 post and reporting an unfair ban???

There are several holes in the story. :frusty:

delimare
10-08-2006, 11:38 PM
There are some ISP's (like Time Warner and Comcast here in the states) that actually have 2 IP addresses per modem. We only tell customers they have one but there are really 2. If one IP get's banned it's just a matter of pulling the second usually by hooking up one PC via USB and pulling the original banned IP and then hooking up another PC via the network card to pull the new, 2nd IP. Pull the 2nd IP on your download machine and disconnect the other. The banned IP will return to the ISP pool and be dished out elsewhere and you'll be sitting with a new IP. People can abuse this, yes. I'm only posting this FYI. Everyone should still seed at least 1:1 and if you can't then I suggest you either donate for VIP status/upload credit or go to public trackers.

Pr1nc3
10-09-2006, 07:30 AM
What can be abused, will be abused.
In the long run it might result into banning of IP ranges or even banning of ISP's. Thus the innocent pays for the actions/behavior of ... the abusers.
If one gets banned, it is for a reason. To tell how to over rule a ban opens the door for massive abuse. Then the sites will have to implement higher security. Then we will complain about the high security, and so on.
99% of the bans are justified, if any is part of the other 1%, bad luck, move on.

About a year ago, I got banned on the first private tracker I ever got in, due my u/l and d/l speeds were ridiculously slow. Justified? Yes! Would that happen today? No! Do I regret the fact I got banned there? Damn yes! Am I looking for a way to over rule that ban by cheating? Damn no! Would I like to get in again? Yes, but if they don't want me, they don't deserve me and my much improved (maxed out) speeds and seeding attitude. I learned my lesson, not by cheating, but by using the right client, the right FW, the right AV. And by following the rules.

j0hn
10-09-2006, 03:13 PM
sites might pass on ur i.p to other sites for cheating, but certainly not for hit and running. i dont believe in the slightest that u got banned on another 8 sites overnight for seeding back only 91% of the file. thats just nonsense.

maxtorgrab
10-17-2006, 04:19 PM
crikeym8.com.:blink:
Well i suppose a lot of you would probley like this site but i dont. What gives them or any one the right to ban you because you dont seed back 100% on my first file. Not even a chance.
I only have a 25 kbs upload and 1500 down speed and because i downloaded a movie in 15 mins you would think seeding for one day would be enough. But no, they said 72 hours. Am i missing something here. My one and only torrent. Yes they are fast , real fast downloads, but how about some compasion. geez But going by the amount of members they have im probley the minority here..:frusty:

Xsensei
10-17-2006, 04:38 PM
With 1500kbs/25kbs connection, you should use a public tracker ... if you sign up to a private one , you have to follow the rules (yes, 1:1 or 72 h ...)
Btw, I know few people with similar dl and up speeds and they have nice ratios on TL, FL or other private trackers...Really now, you should always give back what you took(even if is your first torrent...) ...:P

berserk1980
10-17-2006, 04:45 PM
well, it is your own fault. you think 72 hrs is too long?!!! i think it is evn not enough for a new site. if you dun wanna seed, donate or mininova...

Skiz
10-17-2006, 05:39 PM
crikeym8.com.:blink:
Well i suppose a lot of you would probley like this site but i dont. What gives them or any one the right to ban you because you dont seed back 100% on my first file. Not even a chance.
I only have a 25 kbs upload and 1500 down speed and because i downloaded a movie in 15 mins you would think seeding for one day would be enough. But no, they said 72 hours. Am i missing something here. My one and only torrent. Yes they are fast , real fast downloads, but how about some compasion. geez But going by the amount of members they have im probley the minority here..:frusty:

Some give a week, some 72 hours, some 24. If they're that pickey, you don't need 'em I say. :snooty:

ghurka
10-17-2006, 06:43 PM
Well 72 hours is the norm.

Think about it. If everyone only had to seed for 24 hours there'd be no fecking torrents left after a few days!

Anyways, on one of my fav sites you need to seed 1:1 or for 10 days and I do it on my 2/256 connection and am a power user on most sites. It can be done if you use a bit of grey matter!

sjg1983
10-17-2006, 08:03 PM
i seed for as long as i can one file i have been seeding for bout a month upped bout 100gig for that file alone

Melvinmeow
10-18-2006, 12:40 AM
All depends on the site. Ive seen some say 1:1 and no exceptions.

sert
10-18-2006, 07:11 AM
Best thing for private sites is to recommend/enforce members to keep/maintain ratio of 1/1.

My point is that there are people with ultra-fast connections, who keep seeding, after they finished download, up to 10/1 or maybe 20/1.

This way there are members with ratio something like 350 and other members with poor connections and ratio 0.100 and strangling to keep it or improve it.

Provided that there is enough upload bandwidth available in bittorrent in general and especially in private trackers its a very nice idea for the sysops to encourage members to keep a balance in their ratios.

famous45
10-18-2006, 07:31 AM
I don't have an ultra fast connection and I have no problem seeding back 1:1 or more. You just have to manage your download speed vs. your upload speed. Throttle your download speed to be closer to your upload speed and you should have no problem seeding back 1:1. Yeah its going to take longer to download that movie the you MUST have, but with slower connection speeds you have no choice.

It works for me.

Blackstreet
10-18-2006, 09:56 AM
It's the rule and I think it's okay .
We manage our download and that's fair for all members .

Artakserksis
10-18-2006, 10:40 AM
72 hours is very normal in my opinion. Also 1:1 seeding is necessary for the tracker to keep working, although many times it's really difficult to be achieved.

seppypom
10-19-2006, 01:59 AM
No one actaully addressed the question.

"Who do they think they are.???"

They think they Own/Run the site, bottom line, Play by their rules, or play on someone elses playground!

DKre8ive1
10-19-2006, 08:26 AM
I always say best way to go is with a File ratio and/or amount of time the file is shared is the best way to go, since if a slow upload is hurting you then by sharing it for x amount of time you could keep your overall share index at a 1.0 and prove that you are trying to contribute.

dvdgod
01-16-2007, 04:55 AM
crikeym8 is a private tracker site you read the disclaimer and agreed to our rules on sign-up.we are a no nonsense site that caters for our dedicateded members now 11,000+ you are not missed,learn to seed what you take before you join a private tracker site m8.
nuff said enjoy the public open site system where you can h&r to your hearts content

bouncerday i deleted your account with good reason m8 you read our disclaimer and agreed to our rules on sign up yet you thought it was ok to hit and run and not on 1 download m8 there was a few we have rules in place to cater for our dedicated users that seed back 1:1 or a minimum of 72 hours.you were not one of these users and will not be missed.
you have allot to learn about private tracker sites and if your not willing to learn quit bitching and go back to the public sites where you can h&r to your hearts content.

Edit by Chewie UK:
Use the Edit button instead of double posting

kimii
01-16-2007, 05:21 AM
:lol: If you don't have the ability to give back what you take, don't take it at all. People who whine about their slow connections yet put little effort in seeding don't need private trackers. With your mindset, you might as well go public ;)

ck_psu08
01-16-2007, 05:44 AM
well the thing is sometimes it is nearly impossible to seed back 1:1 esp with a slow upload and if you dont jump on the torrent right away on some sites...so i believe it is necessary to have an amount of time set to seed..i have slow upload but rarely delete files from utorrent unless i need to free up space on my hdd..

kavalchuk17
01-16-2007, 07:36 AM
sites might pass on ur i.p to other sites for cheating, but certainly not for hit and running. i dont believe in the slightest that u got banned on another 8 sites overnight for seeding back only 91% of the file. thats just nonsense.

i agree 100%

what a joke.

j0hn
01-16-2007, 09:39 AM
bouncerday i deleted your account with good reason m8 you read our disclaimer and agreed to our rules on sign up yet you thought it was ok to hit and run and not on 1 download m8 there was a few we have rules in place to cater for our dedicated users that seed back 1:1 or a minimum of 72 hours.you were not one of these users and will not be missed.
you have allot to learn about private tracker sites and if your not willing to learn quit bitching and go back to the public sites where you can h&r to your hearts content.

this thread is old
i really dont see the point in u responding to it. u've obviously come to the site, and done a search for ur site name, completely ignorant to the date of the thread.

Melvinmeow
01-16-2007, 03:10 PM

this thread is old
i really dont see the point in u responding to it. u've obviously come to the site, and done a search for ur site name, completely ignorant to the date of the thread.

I acctually dont see the point in the original poster posting this thread. Trying to get compassion for not knowing so... funny thing is...
He was formerly STAFF on a differant torrent site which I wont mention.
He should know better and expect that treatment with his past refrences of being staff. (He probably treated users in the past the same way he was treated by this site mentioned in the thread.)

bouncerday
05-11-2011, 12:45 AM
Im back in now. Under a different name thou. Scored an invite from CM8 himself. Forgot this thread was here. Guess it serves a lesson to others.

Tv Controls you
05-11-2011, 12:55 AM
Im back in now. Under a different name thou. Scored an invite from CM8 himself. Forgot this thread was here. Guess it serves a lesson to others.

wow 07!

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/attachments/did-you-know/31565d1270489092-little-known-facts-regarding-world-war-2-holy-thread-resurrection.jpg

Not to mention over a site that looks like an html template snagged around 10 years ago. If there wasn't a thread about it here, I would have thought it was some kind of marketing scam or security exploit website.
*looking over the ancient code* <!-- theme exotic by effectica &copy; 2005 All Rights Reserved -->. Look how poorly the code is written for the website. That's just the theme, its running on 1999 standards.
The login has no security what so ever, beside a 3 minute after 5 password attempt tries (rofl).

IdolEyes787
05-11-2011, 03:06 AM

Just curious do you go around ,in life generally I mean, assuming anyone cares what you do ?

bouncerday
05-11-2011, 05:33 AM
[QUOTE=The login has no security what so ever, beside a 3 minute after 5 password attempt tries (rofl).[/QUOTE]

Well i gather if you were even half as smart as you believe you are, that you would have gained me access to crikeym8 years ago. But i guess you cant and just talk crap. "oh by the way, there are two login pages, not that anyone cares." And ive just been notified that i cant be active here .

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Hive - Get him off there or he goes!
Flawless - Who are they, big friken deal!
Rx - Lines ready, whos up?
Hive - My shout. Cant clean audio....Keep rip
Rx - Yaaaaa, fill him in , exposer there isnt an option.
FiCO... - Ive let him know, why the stall?
FiCO... - ?????? Your all fooked!

mjmacky
05-11-2011, 06:37 AM
And ive just been notified that i cant be active here .

HAAAAAHAHAHA, what a garbage site.

Daniel_30
05-11-2011, 08:53 AM
And ive just been notified that i cant be active here .

HAAAAAHAHAHA, what a garbage site.

Don't worry. Maybe he had a plan to advertise that site.

Tv Controls you
05-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Well i gather if you were even half as smart as you believe you are, that you would have gained me access to crikeym8 years ago. But i guess you cant and just talk crap. "oh by the way, there are two login pages, not that anyone cares." And ive just been notified that i cant be active here .

A retarded monkey could run a dictionary attack on that shamble of a login page.

Also, I have no interest in you joining the site, or ever gaining access to that site myself. Or matter of fact, I wouldn't care if I never heard about it again.