PDA

View Full Version : So I'm reading the news this morning....

fkdup74
10-09-2006, 02:15 PM
...and see that N. Korea claims to have test fired a bomb.

You know what happened the last time I listened to the news?
About a week or two ago....
I hear that some fucking cowbow cop had shot an innocent bystander here locally chasing four robbery suspects. What a dickhead...
And...some sick bitch, a supposed friend of this family, had murdered and stuffed some kids in a washer and dryer and cut a fetus out of the kids' mother.
While she was alive.

This is why I don't read, listen to, nor watch any fucking news at all.
Why would I want to? Why would anyone want to? What's the point?

You know what I say....fuck it.
Let Korea have their bombs. Let Iran, Iraq, G.B., U.S., Russia, fuck it, everyone....
LAUNCH THE FUCKING THINGS! PUT UP YOUR NUKES! BITCHES!
Just get it over with. Let the roaches sort it out.

:cool:

Barbarossa
10-09-2006, 02:34 PM
This is why I don't read, listen to, nor watch any fucking news at all.
Why would I want to? Why would anyone want to? What's the point?

If you didn't read the news, you wouldn't know all this stuff about people. Hiding under a rock doesn't stop the bad things from happening.

In 1984 the BBC reported about all the starving people in Africa. It was pretty graphic and very sad and disturbing. Bob Geldof was watching, and because of that, formed Band Aid and Live Aid, and ultimately changed the world.

The news matters.

manofstyle
10-09-2006, 02:44 PM
I fully agree, fuck the mainstream news. That kind of negative crap is not good for your brain. The only reason they show so much of it is because it sells. In reality there are a lot of good things going on that do not get covered as much.

Try this site for some POSITIVE news:

http://worldchanging.com

vidcc
10-09-2006, 05:09 PM
http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/

bigboab
10-09-2006, 08:38 PM
http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/

Great news but it would leave us nothing to argue about.:(

fkdup74
10-10-2006, 03:26 AM
But....what about the roaches? :mellow:

fkdup74
10-10-2006, 03:44 AM
What Good Happened on this day in History, October 9

Written by geri
Monday, 09 October 2006
Ecuador - Guayaquil's Independence Day from Spain (1820)
They had to gain independence from opression, fuck me.
John Lennon, of the Beatles, was born in Liverpool, England (1940 )
Yeah, and some asshole shot him some years back, ending the life of the only Beatle that had any talent....
Other musicians born on this day: John Entwistle, Bass player, The Who and Jamaica's Peter Tosh (1944); Jackson Browne, American singer songwriter (1948)
Are Tosh and Entwistle still alive? I seriously don't know... Anyways, Jackson Browne sucks.
Uganda, independent from Britain, became a republic (1962)
Refer to the story about 1820.
70,000 protesters march in Leipzig to demand the legalization of opposition groups and democratic reforms in East Germany (1989)
This probably ended in a riot.....
Democratic elections in Afghanistan held for the first time (2004)
Again, only a celebration of getting away from years of opression, poverty, probably torture, etc, etc....

I've been a "glass half empty" kind of guy lately....:dabs:

cpt_azad
10-11-2006, 01:10 AM
What Good Happened on this day in History, October 9

Written by geri
Monday, 09 October 2006
Ecuador - Guayaquil's Independence Day from Spain (1820)
They had to gain independence from opression, fuck me.
John Lennon, of the Beatles, was born in Liverpool, England (1940 )
Yeah, and some asshole shot him some years back, ending the life of the only Beatle that had any talent....
Other musicians born on this day: John Entwistle, Bass player, The Who and Jamaica's Peter Tosh (1944); Jackson Browne, American singer songwriter (1948)
Are Tosh and Entwistle still alive? I seriously don't know... Anyways, Jackson Browne sucks.
Uganda, independent from Britain, became a republic (1962)
Refer to the story about 1820.
70,000 protesters march in Leipzig to demand the legalization of opposition groups and democratic reforms in East Germany (1989)
This probably ended in a riot.....
Democratic elections in Afghanistan held for the first time (2004)
Again, only a celebration of getting away from years of opression, poverty, probably torture, etc, etc....I've been a "glass half empty" kind of guy lately....:dabs:

Oi, you trying to knock off pessimism? I'm a pessimist at heart :D :01: join us (we have cookies ;) ), but its best to assume we don't have cookies and you should bring your own :) .

JordoR
10-11-2006, 01:45 AM
I've been a "glass half empty" kind of guy lately....:dabs:

Oi, you trying to knock off pessimism? I'm a pessimist at heart :D :01: join us (we have cookies ;) ), but its best to assume we don't have cookies and you should bring your own :) .

Cookies?
Who told you you could eat MY cookies???!!

Filliz
10-11-2006, 09:30 PM
The problem with the news nowadays is that they focus too much on the bad things going on in the world. It wouldn't hurt reporting about good, fun and possitive things regularly. I think it will only have a positive influence on how people look at the world.

Another messed up thing with the news is that it's all about viewer ratings. Getting the most viewers has become more important than bringing the news as it is and how it happens. You would be suprised how often newspapers and channels blow up stories out of proportion or jump to crazy assumptions just to add a little more drama to it.

And one last thing....Don't watch Fox News!
They're the worst out there.
Just look at how they're reporting about the plane accident that happened today in New York.

Although it's clear this is no terrorist attack, they keep on playing that card just to put the fear back in the people. Pro-Republican fucktards! :dry:

People bringing the news shouldn't be pro-anything, just neutral.

cpt_azad
10-12-2006, 06:36 AM
I fuckin hate Fox, god damn, if they squeeshed in a bit more republican biasness in there their headquarters would explode. Oh and Bill O Reilly, jesus christ.

limesqueezer
10-12-2006, 09:40 PM
Korea is under the wing of China and what can you do ? Well thats the plan, who has bombs ain't attacked. USA aims at poor countries and thier 12000 atomic bombs they claim to have destroy, when only 4000 left from the cold frighting war are not mentioned. But i think that they even made some new ones. Soo the leading atomic bomb factory plays police, nothing new that idiots make wars. Why would iraq fuck it ? Osama ain't saddam. What i find very funny is that when they show Osama, you never know what mix from the past and future they mixed together as propaganda film, you can't even hear what he is sayin, but they have a translation and all the major films about his conferences with terrorists, but somehow they can't find anything or anyone.

I hear that some fucking cowbow cop had shot an innocent bystander here locally chasing four robbery suspects. What a dickhead...

maybe he had a donut

bigboab
10-13-2006, 07:54 AM
Korea is under the wing of China and what can you do ? Well thats the plan, who has bombs ain't attacked. USA aims at poor countries and thier 12000 atomic bombs they claim to have destroy, when only 4000 left from the cold frighting war are not mentioned. But i think that they even made some new ones. Soo the leading atomic bomb factory plays police, nothing new that idiots make wars. Why would iraq fuck it ? Osama ain't saddam. What i find very funny is that when they show Osama, you never know what mix from the past and future they mixed together as propaganda film, you can't even hear what he is sayin, but they have a translation and all the major films about his conferences with terrorists, but somehow they can't find anything or anyone.

maybe he had a donut

Reading through your posts it would appear that you are in a lot of 'pain'. Are you sure it is limes that you are squeezing?:cry:

Skiz
10-13-2006, 08:14 AM

maybe he had a donut

Reading through your posts it would appear that you are in a lot of 'pain'. Are you sure it is limes that you are squeezing?:cry:

Just ignore him. He hasn't had a discernible post to date.

limesqueezer
10-13-2006, 10:15 AM
:ermm: :unsure:
Im sorry that i don't have 5 starts to be allowed to talk lounge language all the time like you, but maybe i will make it to a forum star in some other less patriotic forum.

Skiz
10-13-2006, 10:24 AM
Im sorry that i don't have 5 starts to be allowed to talk lounge language all the time like you, but maybe i will make it to a forum star in some other less patriotic forum.

Please, start your search right away. I'd hate to keep you.

fkdup74
10-15-2006, 03:59 PM
I fuckin hate Fox, god damn, if they squeeshed in a bit more republican biasness in there their headquarters would explode. Oh and Bill O Reilly, jesus christ.

Sad thing is.....I used to listen to, and half-respect, a lot of what O Reiley preached.
I can't explain it....maybe it was all the gas he passed towards the ACLU...?

:unsure:

Busyman™
10-15-2006, 09:24 PM

Sad thing is.....I used to listen to, and half-respect, a lot of what O Reiley preached.
I can't explain it....maybe it was all the gas he passed towards the ACLU...?

:unsure:

True dat. Morons do sometimes make sense so I'm sure O' Rile can muster up some logic sometimes.

cpt_azad
10-16-2006, 03:12 AM

Wtf, you would actually want to be someone like manker or some other loung elitest? :dabs:

Filliz
10-18-2006, 03:55 AM

Wtf, you would actually want to be someone like manker or some other loung elitest? :dabs:

Sarcasm... ;)

Snee
10-18-2006, 01:42 PM

Just ignore him. He hasn't had a discernible post to date.

I pretty sure I can find a few posts of his :blink: