PDA

View Full Version : I hate my ISP(Traffic shaping)

kayvanblue
10-09-2006, 11:08 PM
I am with Rogers Canada , 1 mb DL, 256 UP! heh far from what they are advertising though...i have bandwidth cap of 60 GB/per mounth and i pay 49 Canadian $ . they have a Usage summery system with never get$ updated 5 days before end of my monthly period so i always go over and they bill me extera..i signed up for thier unlimited service but since there is always a tunel in thier policy agreement they put a cap on my service 2 mounth after our agreement.
when it comes to traffic shaping to block filesharing, we are the number 1 ISP in the list ( based on Azureus fixture)...
i feel bad for myself.... any sympathy?:frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

j0hn
10-11-2006, 09:15 PM
i have lots of sympathy for u
as i understand it though theres nothing u can do
most (if not all) canadian cable isps throttle p2p traffic, or have severe caps.
i believe rogers also throttles encrypted bittorrent traffic.
only solution...move?

hummiz
10-25-2006, 06:02 PM
Yea I totally agree with you my man,this suck...
this also in my country too,but if you pay well,you could get a 512kb up :\

lysine
10-26-2006, 03:23 AM
they have a Usage summery system with never get$ updated 5 days before end of my monthly period so i always go over and they bill me extera

use a program like DUmeter to keep track of how much you transfer per month.

smalle
10-26-2006, 05:31 AM
How can they block torrents? Just chose another port? Here in Belgium, we've got like very fast cable (1,2mB down) but the bandwidth usage standard is 10gB/month, if you want to download more you pay €1/1gB. I pay arround €50/month for my connection.

(I'm sooo luck I can download @ work using unlimited bandwidth :smoke:)

Virtualbody1234
10-27-2006, 02:41 AM
1meg DL with a cap for $49. :yikes:

Find another provider: http://www.canadianisp.com/cgi-bin/ispsearch.cgi?sp=ON