PDA

View Full Version : Heroes (2006)

Damnatory
10-12-2006, 10:06 AM
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/4138/group4cu0.jpg

Heroes is a serial saga about people all over the world discovering that they have superpowers and trying to deal with how this change affects their lives. The relatable superheroes include Peter Petrelli, a 30-year-old male nurse who believes can fly, Diego Medina, a 28-year-old junkie who has the ability to paint images of the future when he is high, Niki Sanders, a 33-year-old Las Vegas showgirl who can do incredible things with mirrors, Hiro Makamura, a 24-year-old Japanese comic-book geek who literally makes time stand still, D.L. Hawkins, a 31-year-old inmate who can transport himself through walls, Matt Parkman, a beat cop who can hears other people's thoughts, and Claire Bennet, 17-year-old cheerleader who defies death at every turn. Not only are they discovering what having superpowers means to them but also the larger picture of where their superpowers come from. Eventually their superpowers draw them together when they try to evade the series' antagonist who wants to harness their super-DNA for himself. Their ultimate destiny is nothing less than saving the world.

The series will star Greg Grunberg (Alias), Leonard Roberts (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Milo Ventimiglia (Gilmore Girls), and Hayden Panettiere (Ally McBeal, Guiding Light). Tim Kring (Crossing Jordan, Chicago Hope) is the series' creator. The pilot is set to be directed by Dave Semel (American Dreams, Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Beverly Hills, 90210). Heroes will be produced by NBC/Universal/Tailwind.

Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBwEd_g62Hk)

Anyone watching this show as well? I just finished the 3rd episode, and this little girl and the healing thing is really creeping me out! :ph34r:

Gripper
10-12-2006, 03:50 PM
It got slammed by a critic and that's why I'm watching it!
I love it!!
Are you talking about the cheerleader?

Seedling
10-12-2006, 04:32 PM
Im following the series too, i love claire's reaction when she found out where she was at the end of ep.3

hippychick
10-12-2006, 06:08 PM
I was wondering when someone was going to make a thread about Heroes. :D
This series rocks!
It's like X-men, but without the spandex lol
It looks like Sayler (evil dude)adopts the powers of the other mutants when he kills them, plus I think he is like that x-men (evil)chick that can tell where the mutants are and their powers.
I like the ending of ep 3 when clair saw the situation she was in lol it will be interesting how they explains that one in ep 4.

Damnatory
10-12-2006, 06:46 PM
I love it!!

Yeah Claire I think, when they remove that stick from her head and she wakes up on an autopsy table. There isn't alot that shocks me, but when I saw that my dropped like :yikes:.
^^ Trying to conceal spoilers... you know they're tempting though. :lol:

You have a link to that critic? I'm interested in reading what he said now. :lol: The show is really turning out to be good.

omgwirjo
10-13-2006, 10:00 AM
Judging from the first episode, it is going to be an interesting series. Lol @ the japanese dude.

Gripper
10-13-2006, 01:50 PM
I love it!!

Yeah Claire I think, when they remove that stick from her head and she wakes up on an autopsy table. There isn't alot that shocks me, but when I saw that my dropped like :yikes:.
^^ Trying to conceal spoilers... you know they're tempting though. :lol:

You have a link to that critic? I'm interested in reading what he said now. :lol: The show is really turning out to be good.
She won't be going back to school:D

Hiro is so funny:lol:

tol9a
10-13-2006, 03:15 PM
Im following the series too, its nice i think

zift007
10-14-2006, 03:34 AM
I'm Hero :)

Damnatory
10-14-2006, 06:32 AM
She won't be going back to school:D

Hiro is so funny:lol:

Yeah I was wondering what was going to happen with her, as she obviously couldn't resume her everyday life after a death as public as that... (Wow, what an oxymoron!)

Hiro is hilarious! I seriously laughed out loud when he freaked out and ran through the cubical isles after the second hand ticking backwards once.

omgwirjo
10-14-2006, 10:16 AM
I think the cheerleader's dad would know that she is not dead. So, she'll probably end up being captured by him, I think.

Gripper
10-14-2006, 01:49 PM
omgwirjo use the spoiler tags if you give something away about the plot,some people get a bit narked if you spoil things for them :)

omgwirjo
10-15-2006, 01:27 AM
omgwirjo use the spoiler tags if you give something away about the plot,some people get a bit narked if you spoil things for them :)

Alright, edited :D

ssj4gogeta
10-15-2006, 07:37 PM
Heroes is Great definitly one of the best new TV shows.

Seedler
10-15-2006, 07:48 PM
looks promising.

johansan
10-16-2006, 09:09 AM
WTH is sylar?
an mutant with all powers?

Damnatory
10-16-2006, 09:02 PM
WTH is sylar?
an mutant with all powers?

Well all the "heroes" are mutants really, it's just like X-men in that respect. They all have mutated genetics that give them the abilities.

I think I read somewhere that Sylar learns to develop powers by doing something with the brains of the other mutants. Hence the reason why all the victims have their heads surgically cut open and the brains removed. Though it could only be a rumor, you know how it is...

Gripper
10-18-2006, 10:14 AM
Just seen the 4th episode,can't wait to see next weeks,this just keeps getting better.

delimare
10-18-2006, 11:28 AM
This entire series has me sitting on the edge of my seat after every episode! Supernatural was the ONLY series I ever took time to watch once a week but now I'm happy to say that this one is the second. Let's hope they keep it fresh. The ending of ep4 leaves a lot of doors open now, they can take this baby anywhere!

pingponged
10-18-2006, 01:52 PM
It's great - espeicially the latest cliffhanger!

Skillian
10-18-2006, 01:53 PM
Best new show of this season - really enjoying it right now.

eway
10-21-2006, 10:33 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but i think i will everbody seems to like it!

Snee
10-21-2006, 10:42 PM
I'ma have to wait until monday now. Ghey :dabs:

Liked the ending of this last one.

manker
10-23-2006, 01:19 PM
Interesting how they haven't shown Syler's face yet ... teh missus and I decided that it's 'cos in a future episode, we'll find out that Syler is the blonde cheerleader's dad.

Well, I did think that but have since decided it's prolly too obvious and it's what the scriptwriters want us to think.

With Peter able to absorb the heroes' powers, and time travelling in the last episode, Syler might be a future version of him - a mad with power, evil version.

Gripper
10-23-2006, 01:28 PM
Me thinks similar to manker,hadn't thought about Peter being a future version as Sylar,interesting.
Don't think the cheerleaders dad is Sylar,thinking he is a government type,like the baddy in Mutant x.

Busyman™
10-24-2006, 12:54 AM
If any of you have read Rising Stars then you'd see this is another rip-off (like the 4400).

In Rising Stars, there was someone knocking off all the Specials. It turned out to be someone no one expected and they knew how to get to each one of them. (there was a so-called invincible man that could get shocked by electricity, even did commercials doing it.....however, he still needed oxygen. He was found dead sitting in his armchair with a simple plastic bag on over his head)

If you thought The Watchmen was a good read, check out Rising Stars.

manker
10-24-2006, 09:21 AM
There are very few completely original ideas in any form of media these days, the exposure levels are such, nowadays, that you can pick a hole in any 'new' series/film/song/book and say that some part of it derives from someone else's creativity.

Whether this show has a similar premis to X-men, or anything else, isn't much of an issue.

Whether it's good entertainment is the only thing that concerns me - and Heroes rocks.

Gripper
10-24-2006, 10:07 AM
Ain't that the troof :)
I'll check out rising stars..cheers

Busyman™
10-24-2006, 10:29 PM
Ain't that the troof :)
I'll check out rising stars..cheers

I haven't been reading it (or if it's still around) recently. It's by the guy who Babylon 5. (reminds self to get trade paperbacks, wifey will kill me)

In one instance when the Specials were children, they were in some sort of camp. They had something like counselors and whatnot. Well when it was bedtime there was one boy that was always roused from his sleep in the middle of the night by a particular counselor and taken somewhere. This happened over and over...until one day the boy looked at the counselor and said, "BuuUuRRrN!!"

Needless to say that counselor stopped abusing the boy (and stopped living) cos he was burnt to a char.

Btw, the last Heroes was great. I knew I was right about the younger Petrelli.:happy:

Gotta love the BOOM of the elder Pretrelli too.

omgwirjo
10-25-2006, 01:03 AM
Yeah, great show. Last night's ending was good :D

evening_star
10-25-2006, 06:59 AM
I'm watching it mainly because I love Milo, (Peter) and I like Superhero stories in general, but a lot of moments have been rather boring so far.

I hope the storyline speeds up a little faster, or they give more background into the characters so we can really start to love them. Right now I don't know enough to care much one way or another with any of them. (except maybe Peter) ;)

Damnatory
10-25-2006, 04:17 PM
Right now I don't know enough to care much one way or another with any of them. (except maybe Peter) ;)

One could argue that it's a good thing to not get so close so early. You never know who will still be around in a couple weeks, given the whole Silar problem.

astarow
10-27-2006, 10:36 PM
Right now I don't know enough to care much one way or another with any of them. (except maybe Peter) ;)

One could argue that it's a good thing to not get so close so early. You never know who will still be around in a couple weeks, given the whole Silar problem.

you don't have to worry ... Silar will not kill any of the heroes. Maybe at the end of season 1 and only if that pearson is not loved by the audience or stuff like that.

Damnatory
10-29-2006, 04:19 AM
you don't have to worry ... Silar will not kill any of the heroes. Maybe at the end of season 1 and only if that pearson is not loved by the audience or stuff like that.

Or too powerful to keep a storyline going, as Peter seems to be. If he can learn to concentrate his ability, he'd be unstoppable, especially if there are more than one hero near him.

ahmedbakeer
10-30-2006, 11:40 PM
its agood film

TYPE R
10-31-2006, 01:21 AM
loving it

Damnatory
10-31-2006, 07:55 AM
Was is just me, or did the 5th episode seem like filler to you all too? The only plot movement at all was the fact that Claire's "father" is in league with the girl pretending to be Mohinder's friend.

The whole thing with DL being able to materialize through walls and Claire's bio-family introduction being staged seems rather unimportant.

Busyman™
10-31-2006, 08:19 PM
Was is just me, or did the 5th episode seem like filler to you all too? The only plot movement at all was the fact that Claire's "father" is in league with the girl pretending to be Mohinder's friend.

The whole thing with DL being able to materialize through walls and Claire's bio-family introduction being staged seems rather unimportant.

The staging and the DL revelation are pretty significant. It also explains the other bodies in the desert and that the alter-ego has been at this for some time.

What happened after the girl visited the painter? The program was off a little bit and my tivo stopped right after he answered the door.:dry:

sandy.freak
11-01-2006, 02:59 AM
hi

tihp
11-01-2006, 03:18 AM
I think Hero is an alright show (7.5/10)

Damnatory
11-01-2006, 09:02 AM
What happened after the girl visited the painter? The program was off a little bit and my tivo stopped right after he answered the door.:dry:

That happened to me too! Stupid comcast DVR... You would think that the DVR would continue until the show is over, instead of by specific time slots...

If anyone can fill us in, it would be greatly appreciated.

manker
11-01-2006, 09:25 AM
Newsgroups > TiVo.

He answered the door and Eden said that she was an admirer of Isaac's work and then she asked if she could come in. Isaac didn't answer.

It then cut to Nikki lying on the floor - apparently lifeless - the irritating voice over then alluded to her being dead by giving a cliche-loaded speech about evolution.

I'm pretty sure she isn't dead, tho'.

MCHeshPants420
11-01-2006, 10:17 AM
the irritating voice over

Not as annoying as the voice over at the start that recapped everything.

manker
11-01-2006, 10:47 AM
the irritating voice over

Not as annoying as the voice over at the start that recapped everything.
It is pretty irksome but they have to have it - I think the show will eventually go out in Canadia too.

Busyman™
11-01-2006, 04:25 PM
Newsgroups > TiVo.

He answered the door and Eden said that she was an admirer of Isaac's work and then she asked if she could come in. Isaac didn't answer.

It then cut to Nikki lying on the floor - apparently lifeless - the irritating voice over then alluded to her being dead by giving a cliche-loaded speech about evolution.

I'm pretty sure she isn't dead, tho'.

No it isn't better by a longshot.

And thanks, mank.

hippychick
11-06-2006, 05:28 PM
This series keeps getting better! Now it's on the top 20 list :w00t:
I think that Nicki's alterego is Syler, she still needs to get everyones powers before NY blows up IMO.

EmpozX
11-06-2006, 05:41 PM
I like it
Tomorrow we can all download the next episode :)

Shadowfire
11-06-2006, 11:46 PM
I hold this show in high respect. I love the suspense and the general storyline.

It's surpassing Prison Break, imo.

crazysurfermz
11-07-2006, 03:42 PM
Is this show nice? I usually see only supernatural, smallville & prison break.

EmpozX
11-07-2006, 04:18 PM
Just about to watch a nice 720p.x264 release of the latest episode :D

ram82082
11-07-2006, 07:49 PM
this shows cool, but i dont see a thread 4 my 2 favs........ Weeds(over) & The Wire

and Hiro is silly as hell, cool that he only speaks Japanese. they usually dont do that on network tv ya kno. off too start "The Wire"

hippychick
11-07-2006, 09:14 PM
this shows cool, but i dont see a thread 4 my 2 favs........ Weeds(over) & The Wire

and Hiro is silly as hell, cool that he only speaks Japanese. they usually dont do that on network tv ya kno. off too start "The Wire"
Weeds is one of my fav series also. Boy has she gotten herself in deep this time :lol: :lol: :lol:
I also like supernatural:01:

Last night Heroes was good, looks like their trying to introduce new hereos to the show. Like Ted the radiation guy, plus I think he might be the Nuke guy that blows up NYC. If Syler gets ahold of his brain...goodbye NY

SirGray
11-07-2006, 11:35 PM
Ya heroes is such A great show I love it, Downloaded all the episodes, and I love em!

Xyrodon
11-09-2006, 03:49 PM
This show is AMAZING!!!!!!! Definitely one of the best shows I've ever seen in my entire life! How good are it's ratings right now? Is there a good chance it's going to continure? This show is the first show since X-Files, Mortal Kombat:Conquest and Star Trek:TNG that I have ever been interested in watching television again!

Damnatory
11-10-2006, 09:10 AM
How good are it's ratings right now? Is there a good chance it's going to continue?

Evidently it is the highest rated show this fall.

NBC sci-fi drama becomes highest-rated new fall show; Studio 60 ticks up as well.

Heroes is showing muscle.

Last night's episode of the freshman series matched its highest ratings yet, 6.2 rating/15 share in 18- to 49-year-olds, with 14.3 million total viewers, according to Nielsen overnights. That's almost 10 percent better than last week's episode, and it makes Heroes the highest-rated new show of the 2006 fall season.

Heroes received a full season order from NBC on October 5, and on Sunday the network ran a marathon. The higher numbers could be attributed to viewers who were on the fence about the serialized drama watching the marathon and liking what they saw.
Link (http://www.tv.com/story/6868.html)

Rating like this, you can bet they'll get at least one more season.

RainRoofer
11-10-2006, 11:17 AM
This show looks nice, I'll start to watch it.

FOXREVER
11-10-2006, 12:42 PM
it's a graet show

hippychick
11-13-2006, 01:10 AM
This guy has full (all) episodes with no commericals, on his site.
So if someone hasnt watch Heroes yet, they can. :D
Way cool!
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=93594457&blogID=187629518&MyToken=94686968-84a2-49c1-855a-09d474727104

ram82082
11-14-2006, 02:49 AM
wtf is goin on? who was that in the back of the cafe and Sheresh has powers? i missed the show last week

hippychick
11-14-2006, 01:18 PM
wtf is goin on? who was that in the back of the cafe and Sheresh has powers? i missed the show last week
This is whats going on.
The guy in the back of the cafe is Syler the evil guy with powers, that hunts down the hereos and cuts open thier head and takes their brains for reason we dont know yet. So that was Sheresh as a kid? I was confussed there also. It was nice to see that Clair's dad isnt a bad guy and he's trying to help the heroes.
If you want to see last weeks episode check out my post above yours. A guy has all the episodes on his site.:D

ram82082
11-14-2006, 07:09 PM
yea i think that was him as a kid.... n her dad threw me for a loop too.

savigraos
11-15-2006, 02:31 AM
awesome show .. but till now its only 13 episodes :( i hope they make it a long show like Pb and Lost

Busyman
11-15-2006, 03:04 AM
awesome show .. but till now its only 13 episodes :( i hope they make it a long show like Pb and Lost

True dat. It takes a really strong show to go the 22-24 episode season.

It would be a shame if it didn't. Studio 60, which has seen much poorer ratings, just got picked up for a full season.

I hope Heroes has been written past the 13 eps cause it's ripe for a full season stretch.

edit: Heroes has been picked-up for a full season (22 episodes).

Gripper
11-15-2006, 06:37 PM
Challenge for Busyman have you guessed who Sylar is yet. :)
Seeing as how you disparaged my guess at who The Ice Truck killer is in Dexter.

meo
11-15-2006, 11:27 PM
i love this show!!!!!!!

manker
11-16-2006, 09:46 AM
When I was on IMDB trying to find out which film I knew Niki from, I noticed that Sean Bean is Sylar :dabs:

hippychick
11-16-2006, 02:09 PM
When I was on IMDB trying to find out which film I knew Niki from, I noticed that Sean Bean is Sylar :dabs:

Isn't Sean Bean the fat hobbit from LOTR? Sam? I can't picture him as even remotely evil LOL...My theories on Syler is, he used to work with Clair's dad (like the haitian guy) until he went rouge and started killing Heroes and taking their brains and he is the one that killed Clair's mom.

Busyman
11-16-2006, 03:57 PM

Isn't Sean Bean the fat hobbit from LOTR? Sam? I can't picture him as even remotely evil LOL...My theories on Syler is, he used to work with Clair's dad (like the haitian guy) until he went rouge and started killing Heroes and taking their brains and he is the one that killed Clair's mom.

Sean Bean is a brat. Also, it must be a stuntman playing his part sometimes cos I've seen his face and ain't Sean Bean.

Seedling
11-21-2006, 02:54 PM
Ah this episodes was great, lots of questions answered and lots of stuff uncovered. Cant wait for the next

Busyman
11-21-2006, 04:28 PM
I was right. Sean Bean is not Sylar.:unsure:

edit: Zachary Quinto is Sylar.

manker
11-22-2006, 04:32 PM

edit: Zachary Quinto is Sylar.You were wrong. You said it must be a stuntman playing his part.

I don't know why you'd put so much faith in imdb, anyone can update it. A bit like Wiki.

It's been Pinto each time Sylar's face is partially visible - no stuntman.

Busyman™
11-22-2006, 11:58 PM

edit: Zachary Quinto is Sylar.You were wrong. You said it must be a stuntman playing his part.

I don't know why you'd put so much faith in imdb, anyone can update it. A bit like Wiki.

It's been Pinto each time Sylar's face is partially visible - no stuntman.

I was right about the face not matching up. True I made the Sean Bean assumption based on your post.

Also I didn't know IMDb was like Wiki.

Skillz808
11-23-2006, 12:19 AM
I think this last episode was dull i mean they made this huge thing out of the "Save the cheerleader save the world " thing i was so dissapointed and this episode was to predictable. It seemed lame to me but it did also reveal more.

i hope it gets way better like it first began

HeavyMetalParkingLot
12-04-2006, 06:26 PM
Looks like George Takai is set to be Hiro's father.

Fulanito
12-05-2006, 02:35 AM
love this show :D why must it be a winter break..

1234bzy
12-05-2006, 05:28 AM
slide show!1Mboardwidth??????

joaoriso
12-05-2006, 10:18 AM
nice thx!

Omar9876
12-05-2006, 06:17 PM
ye the last ep was a little dull, cant wait for the next episode

tinker77
12-06-2006, 06:55 AM
hmm, I dont why people like this show! ;-)

abu_has_the_power
12-07-2006, 07:52 PM
peter explodes!! oh snap!

zen_o
12-08-2006, 11:18 PM
hiiro is the best!

aitors26
12-09-2006, 09:39 AM
HI I'M HIRO NAKAMURA I'm FROM THE FUTURE LOOOLLLL ;))))))))))

h4mm44d
12-10-2006, 05:36 PM
I was quite skeptical about this show, however 11 episodes in and I'm hooked

Colt Seevers
12-10-2006, 05:57 PM
Can't wait for my early tuesday morning download of Monday nights EP.

This show is the only thing I bother watching these on telly..

masterfile78
12-11-2006, 08:33 PM
heroes = the 4400 ...isn't that the same?

from my point of view : both ...very boring!
i like to make enemies ...no kiddin just my personal opinion.

so do not feel insulted!
peace

Colt Seevers
12-12-2006, 08:55 AM
nva watched the 4400.

u do suck the boabie, however. :)

Skiz
12-15-2006, 02:32 PM
How come there wasn't an episode this week?

grsajit
12-15-2006, 03:45 PM
its an awesome show and maybe evn the best show love every single role in the movie except peter (I thing was his name, the dude who thinks he can fly but can do other shit too), Loved the sequence where the cop finds out that his wife is nailing his friend LOL :0 soo hilarious.. An d ohh yeah hiro ttooo.

Cant wait to know more about sylar..

:shutup::naughty::whistling:noes::angry::frusty::yup::01::blink::rolleyes::unsure::cry:

Colt Seevers
12-19-2006, 04:44 PM
How come there wasn't an episode this week?

Ya I missed my weekly fix, presume it's cos of this bloody xmas pish! Someone who can be bothered can check the schedule?

Jagarga
12-19-2006, 05:26 PM
http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/heroes/281246

Jagarga
12-19-2006, 05:29 PM
http://next-episode.net/Heroes/show/276/overview.html

Mon Jan 22, 2007

Colt Seevers
12-19-2006, 05:46 PM
Cheers! Looking forward to it!

Skiz
12-19-2006, 07:13 PM
http://next-episode.net/Heroes/show/276/overview.html

Mon Jan 22, 2007

Thanks. :)

It didn't even say on the Official Website. :huh:

padawan
12-20-2006, 08:51 PM
one of my favourite series atm. hiro ftw ! :D

myusuf05
12-20-2006, 09:20 PM
i think the cheerleader is hot, and heroes is pimp!!

snake696
12-21-2006, 01:17 PM
"Save the cheerleader, save the world" can't wait to see the next episode

takisx
12-28-2006, 11:35 AM
Hiro the best hero of show
I love him

grchl3
12-28-2006, 11:00 PM
This may be old news but the complete series is now available from nbc online.
Kudos to them for recognizing the power of online distribution.

shaysh123
12-30-2006, 10:37 PM
I'm Hero and cool

TYPE R
01-01-2007, 04:41 AM
hero is my nmuber1 tv show

khaled2000
01-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Im following the series too, its nice i think

yaheard
01-01-2007, 01:43 PM
I just finished downloading the first 11 epis. Cant wait to watch them all. I live in Germany and get US TV shows via AFN (Armed Forces Network) approx. 1 year later. Heroes marathon tonight!!!!