PDA

View Full Version : Problem Playing Downloaded Clips/movies

zudd
05-09-2003, 10:50 AM
hi can anybody help me. i keep getting the 'Error Downloading Codec' when ever i download an AVI file movie or video clip, then i can only hear the clip but i can't see the picture in both 'real one' and 'windows media 9'. does anybody know what i can do to solve this problem

Darth Sushi
05-09-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by zudd@9 May 2003 - 11:50
hi can anybody help me. i keep getting the 'Error Downloading Codec' when ever i download an AVI file movie or video clip, then i can only hear the clip but i can't see the picture in both 'real one' and 'windows media 9'. does anybody know what i can do to solve this problem
If you're letting WMP to auto-download codecs, this doesn't work well with DivX/XviD. Real One only plays rm files. Download K-Lite Codec Pack (http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm#kazaa), which has all the codecs you'll ever need. WMP9 has some bugs so I suggest looking into ZoomPlayer, BS Player, or Media Player Classic.

zudd
05-11-2003, 05:31 PM
thank u very much it worked, u r a star. :D i can watch my movies now.

starbuck
05-11-2003, 11:29 PM
Newbie--- I get only sound when I play a movie
what can id to get the video ??????

zudd
05-12-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by starbuck@11 May 2003 - 23:29
Newbie--- I get only sound when I play a movie
what can id to get the video ??????
use darth sushi's advice it worked for me. download from the web K-Lite codec pack and use the BS player to watch your movies. good luck. ;)

Soundscape
01-06-2004, 05:14 AM
i'm getting same problem. i get sound, but no picture. should i download the full version or just the basic. then what do i need to change in order to be able to play the movies right?

thanks alot

chalice
01-06-2004, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by Soundscape@6 January 2004 - 05:14
i'm getting same problem. i get sound, but no picture. should i download the full version or just the basic. then what do i need to change in order to be able to play the movies right?

thanks alot
Just download Videolan http://www.bebits.com/app/2119.

That should take care of everything.