PDA

View Full Version : Newsgruop

aizlumzan
05-09-2003, 12:01 PM
Cant i Use netscape or Outlook Express Newsgrup to use this forum ? or is newsgoup and forum totally different from each other?

Somebody1234
05-09-2003, 12:10 PM
No. This is a web based discussion board. You use a web browser (like Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator etc.) to view it.

UKMan
05-09-2003, 06:34 PM
Just to expand a little on our gracious member's statement:

A newsgroup is part of the usenet news system. Usenet news is a collection of thousands of different discussion groups on a huge variety of topics. Participants write articles which can then be read by any person who has access to the usenet news system.

In order to have access to the usenet news system, your Internet connection must be set up for usenet news. You should ask your ISP (Internet Service Provider) whether usenet news is available, and how to access it. All commercial on-line services usually offer usenet news access.

A discussion board is the Web equivalent of a newsgroup or e-mail discussion list. The main difference being that discussion boards are dedicated to one particular subject - in our case the use of k-lite and other subjects relative to that usage. As has allready been pointed out, they are accessed by your web-browser.

In both instances, you are able to post replies or ask questions. Some discussion boards require you to register to be able to post. There are many reasons why, one of them being to help keep down spam posts - this dont allways work <_<

Newsgroups however do not (as far as i know) require registration - just a connection to a news-server is sufficient and some kind of newsreader - like Outlook Express etc.

Hope this has cleared it all up for you ?

Peace
UKMan

Jibbler
05-10-2003, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by aizlumzan@9 May 2003 - 08:01
Cant i Use netscape or Outlook Express Newsgrup to use this forum ? or is newsgoup and forum totally different from each other?
Yes, you can use Outlook Express for newsgroups, though its not recommend for binaries or downloading of files. Get a newsgroup reader like Grabit or NewzbinPro for movies/mp3 files. :)

mike kkm
05-10-2003, 06:33 AM
use grabit. it is very easy to use.