PDA

View Full Version : 5H Pencil

Karen DiConcet
10-16-2006, 05:31 PM
Can any of you drawing types tell me what I'm supposed to use one of the harder pencils (5H) for?

Skweeky
10-16-2006, 05:36 PM
Use it for outlines or for darker sketching.

If you do drawings with just pencils, you can use different shades to colour them in if you like

Biggles
10-16-2006, 05:42 PM
SGG could tell you in depth but unfortuntely (or rather fortunately from her perspective) she is visiting family friends with her Ma in California again.

100%
10-16-2006, 06:07 PM
It all depends what you yrself want.

All types are equally good for stabbing people,
the difference is the softer ones leave more "grain" (lead/dark stuff) in the body, thus infecting the victim's blood system.

baby cried<

The harder the pencil, the less grain will go on the paper, hence the lighter it is.
The softer the thicker, more grain and tonalities are easier possible. You have more possibilities and "personality" with softer grain.

Hard pencils can be used for do a quick sketch of what you want to draw and then go over to the heavier ones.

Most beginers always draw too light, make a statement instead - you a bloddy black marker pen, you learn to draw better, none of that repetative "ify" lines.

Although conservative Rembrandt painters, ADORE the hardest pencil and
do endless masturbational window wiper moves slowly building up the tonality.

Gripper
10-16-2006, 07:00 PM
Who'da thought pencils were so complicated?

Biggles
10-16-2006, 07:03 PM
It all depends what you yrself want.

All types are equally good for stabbing people,
the difference is the softer ones leave more "grain" (lead/dark stuff) in the body, thus infecting the victim's blood system.

SGG has, in her own way, been taking advice from 100% I just hadn't realised that it was HB Martial Arts :blink:

100%
10-16-2006, 07:06 PM
Who'da thought pencils were so complicated?

easier to do than to say
like kissing a hot sensual yearning chica while free falling.

Barbarossa
10-17-2006, 08:49 AM
Can any of you drawing types tell me what I'm supposed to use one of the harder pencils (5H) for?

My first instinct is that they're for stabbing people in the hand when you haven't got a pair of compasses handy :)