PDA

View Full Version : Ghost - Image - Backup.....help

XghostriderX
05-09-2003, 04:12 PM
Hi there!
Can any1 tell me how to make a bootable CD that auto restores a ghost image just by inserting the CD in the the CD_ROM ( dont have to do anything else just inserting the CD en turn-on the ps or restarting it of course).

I made once a backup (ghost image) with northon ghost 2003 and used the ghost wizard to make a bootbale CD(burn the image dircetely to the cd's ), but that didnt work quite as I hoped. The pc starts with the cd but i doesnt start restoring the data burned on the cd.
I have this everytime :
insert the cd
strat the pc
wait till i get the ghost screen asking me what i wanna do
and than I choose LOCAL > from image> to partition.
http://www.3dnews.ru/documents/938/nortonghostb.jpg

P.S:
I use win XP PRo and norton ghost 2003
My hard drive is formated as NTFS.
My BOis is set up to start from D: (or E: in case D is empty) first than C:( my hard drive [ no partitions]) as last from A:(disk floppy)

I hope you reply to this, a please I want some details, cuz I not really familiar with backing-up en stuff.

Thanx in advance ;-)

Ad
05-10-2003, 07:16 AM
u have to make a boot cd for ghost on the floppy put that in first then put the image of what u wan tin your CD ROM and it should retore have u made a emergencu bootup on the floppy?

zapjb
05-10-2003, 12:19 PM
The problem is your NG is in french. lol. j/k. Don't know if it can be done wo/a DOS system disk.

XghostriderX
05-10-2003, 01:33 PM
why do I need to make a bootbale floppy if my pc starts with the CR-rom instead of floppy-disk?
If I really need to make that flopp, how do I do it

oh and i'm sorry guys for that picture, I didnt know it was in french( :lol: :P :lol: ) I just got it from google.
to explain the situation, you know they say a picture is better than 1000 words ;)

ck-uk
05-10-2003, 02:18 PM
M8 u dont have to make a flopp just make a bootable cd with nero with the files
command.com
io.sys
msdos.sys
config.sys
autoexec.bat
mscdex.exe
ghost.exe
oakcdrom.sys

the conten of config sys
DEVICE=oakcdrom.sys /d:idecd001

the content of autoexec.bat include
MSCDEX.EXE /D:IDECD001 /L:Z
ghost.exe clone,mode=load,src=:\filename.gho,dst=1 -sure -rb

then add ur ghost image file to the cd and burn,u can find some of them file on ur h/d or google...img cds r real handy, ive got 1 for all my os's ..save installin and setin them up al the time :) :)

now think about it, i dont know if as described above will work on an xp pro image because of the image size...theres i member balamm ive noticed could help u ..give him a pm :D :D