PDA

View Full Version : agp or pci ?

nolan57
10-18-2006, 07:32 PM
ok so i orderd this ati radeon x1600 pro graphics card that is supose to host either a 4x or 8x agp but the only thing that makes me worry is that the image of the card from the company does not look like it will fit in an agp slot
i normally wouldnt woory but i already had to send a pci express card back with a $27.00 restocking fee and dont want to have to pay another 1 if anyone can tell me it looks like an agp card id rest a little easier until it got here

Damnatory
10-18-2006, 07:39 PM
Looks like a PCI-express to me...

AGP looks like this:

http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/14-127-164-06.jpg

Virtualbody1234
10-18-2006, 07:48 PM
http://twojepc.pl/html/pci_express_kontakt/m/agp-vs-pci_1.jpg

Top=AGP
Bottom=PCI Express

nolan57
10-19-2006, 12:16 AM
thanks for the help guys thought it looked like pci chances are the y didnt have a picture availble for the agp so just put the similiar one on there
they only other question i had is that i know you have to hook this card up to the power supply do i need to upgrade my computer any further for this card to work properly i bought this computer in 2005 but i dont know the voltage it has?

Colt Seevers
10-19-2006, 12:38 AM
thanks for the help guys thought it looked like pci chances are the y didnt have a picture availble for the agp so just put the similiar one on there
they only other question i had is that i know you have to hook this card up to the power supply do i need to upgrade my computer any further for this card to work properly i bought this computer in 2005 but i dont know the voltage it has?

Did your PC come with a user manual?

Tmaster
10-29-2006, 03:51 PM
it looks like AGP

silent h3ro
10-29-2006, 10:47 PM
ok so i orderd this ati radeon x1600 pro graphics card that is supose to host either a 4x or 8x agp but the only thing that makes me worry is that the image of the card from the company does not look like it will fit in an agp slot
i normally wouldnt woory but i already had to send a pci express card back with a $27.00 restocking fee and dont want to have to pay another 1 if anyone can tell me it looks like an agp card id rest a little easier until it got hereDamn, just take the extra time to read the description. :rolleyes: That is definitely PCI-Express.

safa
10-30-2006, 11:29 AM

You shouldnt have to, power supply connectors havent changed, white connector with four holes in it, should have a few spare hunging around inside your case.

About whether the card will fit, you could always buy a new/upgrade your motherboard :whistling.

Tmaster
10-30-2006, 05:45 PM
agp

bxdynamo
11-08-2006, 01:27 AM
I would go with AGP since it's dedicated for video. But if your board comes with a PCI Xpress x16, go with that. But AGP surely over regular PCI.