PDA

View Full Version : (Which codec) Videos on comedy central?

100%
10-19-2006, 06:18 AM
I can't seem to get the videos on http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_daily_show/videos/most_recent/index.jhtml
to play at all.
I have klitecodecfull installed,(quicktime/realplayer)+flash/shockwave plugins installed and still can't get anything to play.
Is it me or?
On the site it says i have to have ActiveX fox extension installed which i also did.
No luck.
Please advize.

{I}{K}{E}
10-19-2006, 08:03 AM
the files are .wmv, I think you need the latest WMP or the Windows media codecs.

mr. nails
10-19-2006, 03:19 PM
if ur using firefox get ie tab extension and tab over and u'll have no probs.

100%
10-19-2006, 04:15 PM
@IKE - I recently reinstalled and forgot the essence of updating wmp for its codec (but i thought kllitecodecpack had it in it(which it does).

Sadly still does not work :cry: but too embaressed to ask for more aid

@Mr.Nails - THANK YOu :) :01: - I have ietab, totally forgot about that option and that the world is still not open to alternatives. Infact comdey central should be pro fox, opera etc.

{I}{K}{E}
10-19-2006, 05:33 PM

I have no problem playing those videos using firefox

100%
10-19-2006, 05:35 PM
hhmmm now im annoyed
will look into it

mr. nails
10-21-2006, 02:49 AM

I have no problem playing those videos using firefox

i've forever had that problem and always use ie tab for the quick fix. i do believe it is mostly due to the fact that i have no script extension. ie doesn't support no script ext. therefore it will always except java and never have playback issues. meh, it only takes 1 sec to tab over and i'm secure at that.