PDA

View Full Version : I suppose Harry Reid's land deal...

j2k4
10-19-2006, 08:34 PM
...is small potatoes, not even worth a mention, huh?

http://www.forbes.com/technology/ebusiness/feeds/ap/2006/10/11/ap3083826.html

Biggles
10-19-2006, 08:48 PM

I think the question is fast becoming "are there any straight politicians (by straight I mean honest) left on either side of the house?

What will all these shenanigans do to the turn out in Nov?

j2k4
10-19-2006, 09:48 PM

I think the question is fast becoming "are there any straight politicians (by straight I mean honest) left on either side of the house?

What will all these shenanigans do to the turn out in Nov?

As to your first, I honestly don't know.

Funny, though, the press is having an easy time quelling it's outrage over Reid, and nobody has called for his head.

The elections are still a bit of a mystery, although the Dems are counting their chickens with alacrity.

rjfan
10-19-2006, 10:02 PM
what i would like to know are what are the OTHER TWO deals he is just now remembering to file with the ethics cmmttee? Maybe Charlie Rengel plans to give him a deal if he cuts him in on some greenbacks? That is God forbid they actually do win the House. I like to think of the wonderful parades and marches and all the happy rainbow of colors we will see when Nancy Pelosi is Speaker(MY GOD!)

j2k4
10-20-2006, 12:21 AM
what i would like to know are what are the OTHER TWO deals he is just now remembering to file with the ethics cmmttee? Maybe Charlie Rengel plans to give him a deal if he cuts him in on some greenbacks? That is God forbid they actually do win the House. I like to think of the wonderful parades and marches and all the happy rainbow of colors we will see when Nancy Pelosi is Speaker(MY GOD!)

You'll have to listen pretty close to hear anything too critical about Reid.

Details will be sketchy...I predict. ;)

I'll tell you what, though:

If the Dems win out in November, you're gonna see an intra-party blood-letting like you've never seen-Watch Nancy Pelosi and Steny Hoyer...keep an eye on that big dummy John Murtha, too.

It's going to be hilarious! :D

rjfan
10-20-2006, 12:56 AM
Now,now lets give Murtha a little credit! He's more of a large Ass. I tend to think maybe he is just a little senile. I seem to recall Mr. Murtha remarking that If Youve never served in the military you cant say a thing about Iraq..and huff huff huff. Somebody should remind Mr. Murtha that the beautifully intelligent framers put the power to weild over the military in the hands of a civilian(aka Mr. President.) Well....I never meant...yeah yeah yeah. Maybe you and Ted Kennedy should go pick up a couple of girls,have some drinks,and go for a nice scenic ride.
The only good thing that could result from such an incident for the Dems. is neither one would "remember" what happpened. Or maybe they could claim they were on their way to vote in congress..even though there is no vote scheduled...oh wait thats a different Kennedy. I LOVE these guys!!

j2k4
10-20-2006, 01:49 AM
...maybe he is just a little senile. I seem to recall Mr. Murtha remarking that If Youve never served in the military you cant say a thing about Iraq..and huff huff huff...

He may as well have said, "You can't talk about bribes and corruption unless you've been an unindicted co-conspirator in the ABSCAM scandal...":whistling

Biggles
10-20-2006, 07:21 AM
:lol:

Poor Mr Murtha

You would think after being in politics for so long he would have realised that you are only a respected war hero if you don't upset the people currently in power. All things are relative it would seem :ermm:

j2k4
10-20-2006, 09:46 AM

Poor Mr Murtha

You would think after being in politics for so long he would have realised that you are only a respected war hero if you don't upset the people currently in power. All things are relative it would seem :ermm:

His standing as a war hero is questionable, Les.

The only truly verifiable fact is he made it home from Viet Nam.

vidcc
10-20-2006, 02:17 PM
I'll leave you to your opinions on murtha's politics, but I will point out that the only time he points out the lack of military service is in reply to chickenhawks that call him a coward.( funny how we never hear the "coward" chants when republicans say pretty much the same as murtha)

Murtha is a decorated war veteran and one of the top supporters of the well being of our military personnel. He has never described himself as a hero.

All those that put on the uniform are hero's just for that. you either support that fact or you don't.

Some do bad things when in uniform and if they are charged and found guilty then you can legitimately raise that. But to call in question someones service when you have never worn the uniform yourself because he has different political beliefs is below contempt and even if you have served it shows a flawed character and lack of respect for your brothers in arms.

What kind of message does it send to the troops when their service, their sacrifice, the fact that they put their lives on the line for their country, will be called into question by those that never served if they don't follow uncritically their political views.

Busyman™
10-20-2006, 02:20 PM

Poor Mr Murtha

But if he shared your views then it wouldn't be questionable? The fook?:blink:

Biggles
10-20-2006, 02:42 PM
From what I can determine he served in Korea and then volunteered to go to Vietnam for a year in 67. The issue seems not to be whether he served, starting at the bottom and going up through the ranks to colonel in what was a long spell in the military, but whether he deserved all his medals. His biggest critics seem to be people he has defeated in elections (on both sides of the house). With regards medals, much of what goes on on the battlefield is unsung - the obtaining of medals is often a case of being in the right place at the right time.

The fact that he was in Korea and volunteered for more in Vietnam probably suggests he does have a screw loose though.

Busyman™
10-20-2006, 02:47 PM
From what I can determine he served in Korea and then volunteered to go to Vietnam for a year in 67. The issue seems not to be whether he served, starting at the bottom and going up through the ranks to colonel in what was a long spell in the military, but whether he deserved all his medals. His biggest critics seem to be people he has defeated in elections (on both sides of the house). With regards medals, much of what goes on on the battlefield is unsung - the obtaining of medals is often a case of being in the right place at the right time.

The fact that he was in Korea and volunteered for more in Vietnam probably suggests he does have a screw loose though.

Agreed.

j2k4
10-20-2006, 07:54 PM
I'll leave you to your opinions on murtha's politics, but I will point out that the only time he points out the lack of military service is in reply to chickenhawks that call him a coward.( funny how we never hear the "coward" chants when republicans say pretty much the same as murtha)

Murtha is a decorated war veteran and one of the top supporters of the well being of our military personnel. He has never described himself as a hero.

All those that put on the uniform are hero's just for that. you either support that fact or you don't.

Some do bad things when in uniform and if they are charged and found guilty then you can legitimately raise that. But to call in question someones service when you have never worn the uniform yourself because he has different political beliefs is below contempt and even if you have served it shows a flawed character and lack of respect for your brothers in arms.

What kind of message does it send to the troops when their service, their sacrifice, the fact that they put their lives on the line for their country, will be called into question by those that never served if they don't follow uncritically their political views.

1. I have never even heard anyone call Murtha a "coward".

2. There are unanswered questions as to his having received such things as Purple Hearts under dubious circumstances.

3. I myself do not question his military service, though my not having served would not constrain me if I saw fit.

4. Apart from the fact ABSCAM should have served to end his political career, I hold no brief against him apart from the fact he is a stupid person, which is not a crime.

In other words, you've wasted your post, insofar as it does not correspond with my own.

vidcc
10-20-2006, 09:34 PM
1. jean shmidt did it on the house floor ffs. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8FZ_nxmf0Y)

another non server (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6nR7mgjfmE)

"They may be with you for the first few bullets but they won't be there for the last tough battles."-- Karl Rove, on John Kerry and John Murtha, Reuters, 6/13
(working on finding the video)

Cheney said In a clear reference to Murtha, (he was replying to a question about murtha)
"The president and I cannot prevent certain politicians from losing their memory, or their backbone -- but we're not going to sit by and let them rewrite history."

These are just a few lawmakers and high ranking administration officials. The right wing noise machine (blogs, columnists, radio, fox news opinion shows etc.) is splattered with the "coward" smear
[cavuto]Perhaps when you say you never even heard someone call him a coward you mean just people you talk to?[\cavuto]

2. unanswered questions about his purple hearts based on what? Someone suggesting something starting a rumor? The mere fact that he was in combat and wounded is enough. Does it have to be a single handed assault on a machine gun while carrying a wounded child under his arm to safety?. Are soldiers only hero's if they are wounded...Says a lot for the ones that escape injury.

I myself do not question his military service

:rolleyes:

All those that put on the uniform are hero's just for that.

4. ABSCAM - use your standard for rove et al.:rolleyes:

In other words, you've wasted your post, insofar as it does not correspond with my own

Put your ego away....it wasn't made in reply to your post...you might have got a clue if "it does not correspond with your own"

j2k4
10-21-2006, 12:15 AM
May I assume I'm responding appropriately just now?

1. jean shmidt did it on the house floor ffs. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8FZ_nxmf0Y)

another non server (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6nR7mgjfmE)

(working on finding the video)

FoxNews, in the heat of ideology, must have overlooked Ms. Schmidt's commentary...:whistling

Cheney said In a clear reference to Murtha, (he was replying to a question about murtha)
"The president and I cannot prevent certain politicians from losing their memory, or their backbone -- but we're not going to sit by and let them rewrite history."

I will assume a liberal prerogative to inform you haughtily that the word "coward" does not appear in the quote you have cited, however I cannot state concretely that Mr. Cheney isn't implying cowardice. :naughty:

These are just a few lawmakers and high ranking administration officials. The right wing noise machine (blogs, columnists, radio, fox news opinion shows etc.) is splattered with the "coward" smear
[cavuto]Perhaps when you say you never even heard someone call him a coward you mean just people you talk to?[\cavuto]

I should remind you that, while Conservative rhetoric will "smear" if overused, only Liberal rhetoric "splatters"; this is attributable to it's extremely high bullshit content.

Oh, BTW-

The latest Liberal scandal is a scientific finding which notes that sources of organic Liberal B.S. were permanently exhausted in early November of 1996, and Liberals have been using a cheap synthetic grade ever since.

The fake stuff has a half-life of eight years, which equals two Presidential terms.

2. unanswered questions about his purple hearts based on what? Someone suggesting something starting a rumor? The mere fact that he was in combat and wounded is enough. Does it have to be a single handed assault on a machine gun while carrying a wounded child under his arm to safety?. Are soldiers only hero's if they are wounded...Says a lot for the ones that escape injury.

Can't honestly say, but then, neither can Murtha...

As to what constitutes a hero, you're the one throwing out definitions, so it's your story.

You tell it.

I myself do not question his military service

:rolleyes:

All those that put on the uniform are hero's just for that.

See above.

4. ABSCAM - use your standard for rove et al.:rolleyes:

I was a news-consuming adult when ABSCAM broke, and I remember it well...Murtha figured prominently.

The recovery of his political career was almost otherworldly.

I have heard every little thing relative to criticism of Rove, and if you are referring to the Wilson/Plame affair, any argument you may have tried to make for Rove's involvement was thoroughly nuked and discredited about a month-and-a-half ago; even the N.Y. Times threw in the towel, ffs.

In other words, you've wasted your post, insofar as it does not correspond with my own

Put your ego away....it wasn't made in reply to your post...you might have got a clue if "it does not correspond with your own"

Again, this time you stated I was your counter, rather than merely implying it.

vidcc
10-21-2006, 01:09 AM
Again, this time you stated I was your counter, rather than merely implying it.
I implied nothing regarding you,

That you thought it was directed at you even though "it does not correspond with your own" suggests either your ego needs a reality check or you are paranoid ;)
The rest just looks like I was arguing with myself (badly)...I mean all those blue words within my "quote" :rolleyes:

j2k4
10-21-2006, 01:21 PM
The rest just looks like I was arguing with myself (badly)...

Absent my participation, your posting certainly gives that impression.