PDA

View Full Version : newsgroup service that allow sharing

cloudspear
10-21-2006, 09:25 PM
me and my friend used to share using newshosting but now they stop allow sharing of account. now i've to look for another newsgroup service that allow sharing. anyone can recommand a newsgroup service that still allow sharing? thanks

webe123
10-22-2006, 10:46 AM
me and my friend used to share using newshosting but now they stop allow sharing of account. now i've to look for another newsgroup service that allow sharing. anyone can recommand a newsgroup service that still allow sharing? thanks

I did not even know you COULD share an accout on newshosting before! But I think you are going to have a hard time finding a newshosting provider that will let you share an account.

The reason for this is simple....if they let everyone share accounts, it would not be long until a lot of people started to split the cost and just share one account. This would also mean less money for the provider while increasing the amount of traffic on their servers.

So no, I do not know of any newsgroup providers that allow you to share an account with another computer.

Flym
10-22-2006, 12:32 PM
How do they know that you are sharing the account?
For example if you have a dynamic ip :S?
I know people who shared an account. ( I dont know if they still do it)

{I}{K}{E}
10-22-2006, 01:59 PM
How they know that you are sharing the account?

Different IPs downloading at the same time.

Flym
10-22-2006, 02:16 PM
How do they know that you are sharing the account?

Different IPs downloading at the same time.

Ahm...good argument ..:)

digitrifecta
10-22-2006, 06:40 PM
Being able to share usenet accounts would be awesome but it will never happen because with excessive bandwith usage per account the NSP would start paying out more than their accounts pay in so they would loose money..would be very kewl though, I would imagine if some provider were to offer the option down the road, they would set download caps per account to still make a profit.

cloudspear
10-22-2006, 08:28 PM
newshosting used to allow it for a long time. they never said they will allow it but they just didn't do anything about it. there was plenty of people sharing it but they never did anything. just recently they started to banned people account. i'm sure there are other newsgroup service that doesn't care about sharing.