PDA

View Full Version : How to store chocolate..

Smith
10-21-2006, 11:08 PM
My work got its christmas candy in today, and I bought 2 tins of bailys filled chocolate for my parents and my girlfriends parents for presents for christmas.

Does chocolate go bad and how should I store it so it stays good till christmas?

100%
10-21-2006, 11:18 PM
Choclate is best preserved in the mouth.
It was created for this one purpose only. Do not deny it.

callum
10-21-2006, 11:22 PM
I'd check the use by date, if it's later than december 06, then i think it will be ok. But i'm not an expert on these things.

MCHeshPants420
10-21-2006, 11:31 PM
Life is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable because all you get back is another box of chocolates. So you're stuck with this undefinable whipped mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while there's a Peanut Butter Cup or an English Toffee. But they're gone too fast and the taste is... fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits filled with hardened jelly and teeth-shattering nuts. And if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you got left is an empty box... filled with useless brown paper wrappers.

callum
10-21-2006, 11:38 PM
I usually just buy my mother a pair of slippers for christmas, she said she wanted a pair of slippers one year, so i've done it ever since. I think she relys on me totally for slippers now. One of these days i'll cut off the supply and watch her suffer.

Smith
10-22-2006, 12:02 AM
...so if I put it in the fridge for a few months would that be okay? Or would it take in all the other flavors of everything else in it?

callum
10-22-2006, 12:07 AM
Why would you have to put it in a fridge, a cool dry place would probably do it and the parents might not be too chuffed about getting a christmas present that'd taken up half their fridge for two months.

Snee
10-22-2006, 12:07 AM
Dunno' if you want it in the fridge, tbh.

Store it somewhere cool and dry.

Smith
10-22-2006, 12:30 AM
Alright, will do. On top of the fridge in the basement sounds like a good place. (Plus I will remember where I put it :P)

tesco
10-22-2006, 12:32 AM
Alright, will do. On top of the fridge in the basement sounds like a good place. (Plus I will remember where I put it :P)Fridges let off heat other than the inside.:huh:

100%
10-22-2006, 12:32 AM
Life is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable because all you get back is another box of chocolates. So you're stuck with this undefinable whipped mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while there's a Peanut Butter Cup or an English Toffee. But they're gone too fast and the taste is... fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits filled with hardened jelly and teeth-shattering nuts. And if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you got left is an empty box... filled with useless brown paper wrappers.

Please don't tell me me that, that is an extract from your university thesis, on the subject of "Literary Chocolate Mooses"
You got me absorbed, up until the peanutbuttercup part which is only found in america.
Hence your thesis will be sent to the admin where you will be notified of your court martial for salivating plagriarism.

callum
10-22-2006, 12:38 AM
Alright, will do. On top of the fridge in the basement sounds like a good place. (Plus I will remember where I put it :P)Fridges let off heat other than the inside.:huh:

Don't think that be a problem on top, might be if he kept the chocolate behind the fridge at the bottom.

Skweeky
10-22-2006, 12:42 AM
Um...
they put chocolate in soldier's survival packs because it doesn't go off for like ten years.
I'm sure you'll be fine

callum
10-22-2006, 12:47 AM
I'm not sure if he has a survival pack, i think that's why he was going for the fridge option.

Skiz
10-22-2006, 12:51 AM
...so if I put it in the fridge for a few months would that be okay? Or would it take in all the other flavors of everything else in it?

Yes, it will absorb the flavors and smells of the items around it. Place it in a Ziploc baggy and you'll be fine.

callum
10-22-2006, 01:01 AM
I'm guessing these chocolates that are a christmas gift would be in a box, with a sell by date and without a keep refridgerated warning on them.

MCHeshPants420
10-22-2006, 01:19 AM
Where do they keep chocolates in shops? In my experience they just keep them on the shelf, or in a cool dry place awaiting to go on the shelves.

MagicNakor
10-22-2006, 02:49 AM
Depends on the type of chocolate, but the real classy kinds need to be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge. ;)

:shuriken:

Smith
10-22-2006, 02:54 AM
THIS IS SO COMPLICATED.

Okay..ive decieded on the closet. Its nice and cool in there because it has no heat duct. Any objections?

Seedler
10-22-2006, 04:09 AM
put it in the fridge duh>>>>>>>

sapling
10-22-2006, 05:54 AM
I'd say

Cool
Dry
Dark?

(ok... so maybe I'm thinking of potatoes...)

Also, I think it's better if its wrapped as airtight as possible so it doesn't dry out and the edges get crumbly, but instead maintains moist chocolatey goodness. ;)

RealitY
10-22-2006, 06:40 AM
Keep it in your pocket...

Petri
10-22-2006, 09:20 AM
...soldier's survival packs...
Oh crap, I think a kitten just died. :(

Skweeky
10-22-2006, 11:36 AM
't was late at night

God will forgive me for this one

manker
10-22-2006, 10:32 PM
I'm not sure if he has a survival pack, i think that's why he was going for the fridge option.Funniest post of the weekend, made me glag ... until this:
THIS IS SO COMPLICATED.

Smith
10-23-2006, 12:57 AM
Funniest post of the weekend, made me glag ... until this:
THIS IS SO COMPLICATED.

cunt.:dabs: