PDA

View Full Version : Need An Answer

Bebi
05-10-2003, 01:12 PM
Ok, this has to do with filesharing because Im having problems some files that I get off the filesharing network, I have a damn 500mhz processor and some movies I tyr to watch the video and sound are out of sync, is there anyway I can circumvent this or fix it, dont state the obvious like "get a better processor" because it would be a manger pain in the rear, I heard if you can get it cool enough it can run up to 3gig processor but I hear its hard, do I put ice around the processor or something? :D seriously I need some opinions with this, thanks

jay973
05-10-2003, 01:26 PM
Sounds like it could be a codec problem.Download the latest K++ codec pack(after uninstalling any codecs you already have) and you should be ok. :)

Gre1
05-10-2003, 01:29 PM
To tell u the truth it probably has nothing to do with your processor its most likely the movie the way somebody encoded it and did not mux together right sometimes it just happens with a bad .avi movie but i doubt its your processor doing anything

amphoteric88
05-10-2003, 01:51 PM
as said before, the chances of this being a processor problem are very slight.
the problem probably occured in the encoding, you can try pausing the video to re-sync it. the early ps2 models have a similar problem, pausing playback seems to fix it for that.

Skillian
05-10-2003, 01:59 PM
Why doesn't anybody believe him?

The only thing I can think to suggest is shut down all unnecessary programs before watching a film (Kazaa, anti-virus etc). Also try rebooting just before you start watching the movie, it will free up some RAM which may help. If you're watching the films from a CD, then copy it to your hard drive first rather than straight off the CD.

amphoteric88
05-10-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Skillian@10 May 2003 - 14:59
Why doesn't anybody believe him?
believe what?
it's not very likely that the processor is to blame for the video and sound being out of sync
it doesn't take a lot of processor power to run a video, when i use my cousin's 300mhz P2 i can still watch both mpeg's and avi's with no problem.

Bebi
05-10-2003, 02:37 PM
Well its not with every movie file I play its only with ones like 700mb+ or files with very high quality

Skillian
05-10-2003, 02:57 PM
Exactly, a lot of XviDs and the like need quite a high spec PC to run them.

Bebi, you said not to suggest a new processor, how about a new graphics card? :D

loz
05-10-2003, 03:26 PM
I have the same problem, but usually the movies start in sync and then after about 20 mins they go out of sync, I find that if I stop the movie and then find the point where I was up to it will work fine (at least for another 20 mins or so)
You probably don't want to keep having to do this but it's the best I can offer you.

m8t
05-10-2003, 03:26 PM
:rolleyes:
hi there !
i think the right answer has been given already. my processor is almost the same as yours, and the only time this problem occurs for me is due to poor video editing from other end(due to their slow processor). get yourself Virtual Dub Sync and drop this video in there and this freeware programme will automatically syncronise video/audio in no time.
regards
m8t :)

Bebi
05-10-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by m8t@10 May 2003 - 16:26
hi there !
i think the right answer has been given already. my processor is almost the same as yours, and the only time this problem occurs for me is due to poor video editing from other end(due to their slow processor). get yourself Virtual Dub Sync and drop this video in there and this freeware programme will automatically syncronise video/audio in no time.
regards
m8t :)
where can I get this m8t?

Ive opened the file into virtualdub but dont know what to do with it

Skillian
05-10-2003, 04:13 PM
Bebi, give us an example of a film that does this out of synch thing and someone should be able to tell if it's just your computer doing it.

Bebi
05-10-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Skillian@10 May 2003 - 17:13
Bebi, give us an example of a film that does this out of synch thing and someone should be able to tell if it's just your computer doing it.
anything big enough like 700mb, the picture will lag and the sound will be out of sync because the picture is falling behind

Skillian
05-10-2003, 04:28 PM
So it's definitely the speed of your computer. Re-editing or synching the video will not do anything cos the file itself is already in synch.

Bebi
05-10-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Skillian@10 May 2003 - 17:28
So it's definitely the speed of your computer. Re-editing or synching the video will not do anything cos the file itself is already in synch.
Well I know that, but the original post fo the topic was "is there anyway around it?"

Skillian
05-10-2003, 04:49 PM
I know you know that (although then why are you using virtualdub :blink: ), it was for the benefit of all the people that said re-edit/re-synch the video.

loz
05-10-2003, 04:54 PM
If your running XP it could be because you need the latest Microsoft Directx Runtime.

m8t
05-11-2003, 04:14 AM
hi there Bebi !
all video editing programmes eg:- Adobe Premiere- Ulead Media Studio Pro- Sonic Foundry Vegas Video +DVD- Virtual Dub Sync are all available on K++ if indeed it is only a software problem. they all by default sync video/audio on every project. the largest file i did in Virtual Dub Sync was only 250 megs, it did the job perfectly. using Virtual Dub Sync, simply open file into window and then press play button(these are all greyed out ,but don't be fooled they do work once clicked with mouse) personally i use Adobe and Sonic for all big projects they do mpeg 2 and so on.i f you could possibly play this file on a friends Pentium four it would eliminate many question marks.
regards
m8t :D

RealitY
05-11-2003, 04:45 AM
1. Make sure your codecs are set up right.
2. Try BSPlayer, it has settings that may help.
3. Try program like SpeedUpMyPC to help free up RAM.
4. Buy more RAM, its cheap, $20 - $25 per 64MB or less.

Good Luck.

OlderThanDirt
05-11-2003, 04:46 AM
Here's another thought ... assuming he's using something other than Windows XP. It's almost certain that his hard drive is DMA compatible. But sometimes, during Windows setup, DMA is not enabled. My last system was a 450mhz AMD-K6-2 and attempting video captures flat-out didn't work. But, when I discovered my DMA was not enabled and then enabled it, it was like giving my system amphetemines :lol: .

Anyhoo, if he's using anything other than XP, he should probably check out this page (http://tweakcentral.com/dma.htm) to see if his DMA is enabled ... and enable it if it isn't. This assumes processor speed is the root problem.

Ad
05-11-2003, 09:40 AM
sometiems it can be the player he is using

Ad
05-11-2003, 09:42 AM
sometiems it can be the player he is using

The King
05-11-2003, 07:26 PM
I downloaded Cradle 2 the Grave and had the same problem. I used a program called DivFix and it worked fine after that. :D

gaun
05-11-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by The King@11 May 2003 - 19:26
I downloaded Cradle 2 the Grave and had the same problem. I used a program called DivFix and it worked fine after that. :D
he has the problem with every file not just one film we gathered he cant fix the audio

starbuck
05-11-2003, 11:04 PM
Newbie i can't cant get the movies to play at all "video clip" what should I do ???