PDA

View Full Version : every game studders!!!

Fastrap
10-22-2006, 11:00 PM
Ok i have a laptop that I bought mainly to play games on but, everything I play besides old snes and genesis roms studders and skips.

here are my specs

General
Processor: Inter(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs)
L2 cache: 2,048 KB
Memory: 2048 MB
Mainboard: Quanta 3082
Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Graphics
Direct X 9.0c
ATI Mobility Radeon X600 256MB
current display mode 800X600 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Snee
10-22-2006, 11:17 PM
If you haven't...

Get the latest drivers (especially for your graphics card), try the lowest possible settings for each game, check what services you've got running, etc.

Otherwise, list what you've tried, what you've tried to play, what's running, and so forth.

And feel free to be more specific about your hardware (is it a specific model from a specific manufacturer?) and the settings you've tried in games.

Maybe something resembling a solution will pop out in there.

MCHeshPants420
10-22-2006, 11:20 PM
nvm

Fastrap
10-22-2006, 11:23 PM
If you haven't...

Get the latest drivers (especially for your graphics card), try the lowest possible settings for each game, check what services you've got running, etc.

Otherwise, list what you've tried, what you've tried to play, what's running, and so forth.

And feel free to be more specific about your hardware (is it a specific model from a specific manufacturer?) and the settings you've tried in games.

how do I get the latest drivers?

and when i go to http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

I pass the requierments test for games like doom 3,far cry, just cause etc.
Im always over the minumum requierments.

Guyver
10-23-2006, 02:12 AM
www.ati.com

Cheese
10-23-2006, 10:28 AM
I pass the requierments test for games like doom 3,far cry, just cause etc.
Im always over the minumum requierments.

So do I for my laptop, but those games are still bitches to play on my laptop.

Snee
10-23-2006, 10:41 AM
If you haven't...

Where did you buy your laptop?

Was it from a manufacturer like Dell, for instance?
If it was, try looking for the model of your computer on Dell's site.

And, you know, like Cheese says, laptops are not ideal for running games, so expect having to run any games with low settings.

It would really help if you told us more about your machine, if I knew what kind of screen's in it, I might be able to tell you whether it's gonna ghost no matter what, for instance.

Fastrap
10-23-2006, 04:06 PM

Where did you buy your laptop?

Was it from a manufacturer like Dell, for instance?
If it was, try looking for the model of your computer on Dell's site.

And, you know, like Cheese says, laptops are not ideal for running games, so expect having to run any games with low settings.

It would really help if you told us more about your machine, if I knew what kind of screen's in it, I might be able to tell you whether it's gonna ghost no matter what, for instance.

Thanks for the reply I think im just gonna sell this laptop so that I can buy a gaming PC instead.

Snee
10-23-2006, 04:59 PM
:ermm:

I'd not give it up just yet. Just saying that you shouldn't expect it to perform on par with some souped up piece of alienware.

Up to you, tho'. And good luck with it.

Seedler
10-24-2006, 12:10 AM
You run a 800by600 desktop resolution?:blink:

And yes to stay on topic get new drivers.

Fastrap
10-25-2006, 04:31 PM
You run a 800by600 desktop resolution?:blink:

And yes to stay on topic get new drivers.

Whats wrong with 800X600?

jimbo12345
10-25-2006, 06:08 PM
whats wrong with laptops?

I have an old one, presario x1000, 60gb, and it works faster than most of my mates pcs?

Snee
10-26-2006, 01:32 PM
Compared to their contemporary desktop counterparts:

Often slower harddrives and weaker graphics cards, possible heat-issues if you got really high performance bits, possible ghosting if the tft in them isn't intended for gaming, more expensive and trickier upgrades, limited upgradeablility period, often slower RAM, etc.