PDA

View Full Version : Can I save my rating when restarting eMule?

nifti
10-24-2006, 02:03 AM
I'm farely new to eMule and I know that the networks gives you a better rating and you can download more, the more you upload.

So if I upload 100GB and then restart eMule. Will my upload rating reset or how does that work? Is it the nickname or ip? Because both of those can be changed easily since the nicknames don't require password or any other proof of id..?

Please enlighten me! Thanks! :D

AndrewBarker
10-24-2006, 03:04 PM
your credit rating is stored by others, not yourself
so if you restart emule it will be just the same
if your ip address (dynamic ip) changes, then i would expect you would lose your credit rating

if this info is not 100% correct, somebody will probably say

i think there is more info on this in the emule help

zaphodiv
10-26-2006, 10:23 AM
>Is it the nickname or ip?
Neither
>if your ip address (dynamic ip) changes, then i would expect you would lose your credit rating
Wrong.

EMule uses cryptographic authentication so that people can't use modified clients to impersonate peers with lots of credit.

feygan
10-27-2006, 05:30 PM
>Is it the nickname or ip?
Neither
>if your ip address (dynamic ip) changes, then i would expect you would lose your credit rating
Wrong.

EMule uses cryptographic authentication so that people can't use modified clients to impersonate peers with lots of credit.

Ok I dont want to impersonate, but I use emule "extreme" will my rateings be stored or still be lost? lol ive been using it for about 4 years without ever bothering with a nick, does that effect it?

raysofsun
10-31-2006, 01:38 PM
Okie i too like to know...b'coz i have format my hard disk recently... will i loose my credits ?