PDA

View Full Version : what the f?

CALSOUL32
10-25-2006, 03:59 PM
i have a 3 meg cable line using a macbook pro intel 2.0ghz duo prossesor 2 gigs ram running azureus and im only getting 26kB/s im port forwarding and everything. what is the problem?http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/smilies/mad.gif

torrentt
10-25-2006, 04:30 PM
try a torrent with 200 seeders and 50 leechers and see what is u'r speed
if u try a torrent with more leechers then seeders or something close or very few seeders u'll get low spd.

lysine
10-26-2006, 03:38 AM
enable protocol encryption in the az options:

Options > Connection > Transport Encryption
check all the boxes except for 'cryptoport' and set the level to RC4

try downloading an openoffice torrent and see if your speeds improve:
http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/

deuce6000
10-26-2006, 03:56 AM
also download evid patch(Google It)and change max half open to 50 and also do the same in utorrent advanced preferences.This will definately help as it always does for me.Like phrenzy said utorrent is better then az when it comes to resources and to me its better in every other way too.

phrenzy
10-26-2006, 12:17 PM
Try Utorrent. It's not a resource hog like AZ....Alot of Trackers have banned AZ all together.......

Sneakydave
10-26-2006, 06:55 PM
cant say ive seen a tracker which has banned AZ, and with his 2gb of ram i also cant see why the 50mb AZ uses should be a problem to him?

deuce6000
10-26-2006, 07:19 PM
I think he saw that some of the older versions of Azereus are banned and got mixed up.I'm pretty sure the newest one isn't banned anywhere.Have you tried utorrent SD and you still would rather use azereus?Maybe i'll give azereus one more try just to see what its like now but utorrent still kicks ass either way.

LOL so i install azereus and i get a warning message at the bottom right hand corner that says this"azereus has detected the presence of 'imon.dll' This is part of 'nod32' and has been known to cause severe problems such as application crashes and high CPU usage.If you encounter these thne please uninstal nod32 or configure it to not affect azereus.

Can they really expect someone to uninstall there antivirus so it doesnt mess with there precious torrent program?Anyone else find it wierd that it asks you to uninstall your antivirus or what?

CALSOUL32
10-26-2006, 08:45 PM
I know U torrent kicks ass but i cant run it on a mac. I have encryption on tried more seeders but i think it may be my line.

FFh
10-26-2006, 09:08 PM
i think that the question is not by which torrent client download, but from what tracker,

maybe the author of this thread is downloading from some public torrent site, where's a lof of leeches but only a few seeders if any.

Sneakydave
10-26-2006, 10:56 PM
true that FFh :P, it was turning into a utorrent vs AZ thread

to cal: are you sure youve forwarded the ports correctly? go here http://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2 and do a "user specified custom port probe" on the port that you think you forwarded. If its correctly forwarded the scan will say "open!" if not then the ports most probabily the issue.

if that doesnt work try the old disable-the-firewall trick

failing that the only reason i can think of is that the isp is throttling your bandwidth and somehow getting round the encryption? i read some isp in australia was doing that

Suphix
10-26-2006, 11:42 PM
you can run utorrent on a mac... but you need a bit of software that kinda patches it so it works with os x... cant remember what its called though, try google (and no, its not boot camp)

oo3
10-27-2006, 05:33 AM
you can run utorrent on a mac... but you need a bit of software that kinda patches it so it works with os x... cant remember what its called though, try google (and no, its not boot camp)

It's called crossover. I have it for my macbook pro. It's pkay but the prog loads way to slow for me. So I don't use it. But it runs utorrent just fine after the long crossover load.

lysine
10-27-2006, 05:47 AM
I'm pretty sure the newest one isn't banned anywhere.

I think WB has a ban on all versions of azureus. not 100% because I'm not a member, but I think I recall reading that somewhere.

Can they really expect someone to uninstall there antivirus so it doesnt mess with there precious torrent program?Anyone else find it wierd that it asks you to uninstall your antivirus or what?

no, not weird at all.

it says or configure it. nod32 control center > IMON > setup > misc > exclusion > edit > add azureus.exe

utorrent recommends you completely uninstall zonealarm if you have problems.
http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=196929#p196929

but back to the original poster, did you try to download one of the open office torrents that I linked? they have alot of dedicated bandwidth and should come close to maxing out your connection on the download.

CALSOUL32
10-27-2006, 02:43 PM
sneaky dave when i did the user specified custom port probe it came back stealth. does that mean the port is forwarded properly?

CALSOUL32
10-28-2006, 03:26 AM
thank you sneaky dave works beautifully

PooBar
10-28-2006, 07:50 AM
:oops: