PDA

View Full Version : Other Than Cakewalk...

Spindulik
05-10-2003, 07:13 PM
I tried Fruit Loops, but that is basically for LOOPing sounds. Any suggestions of another good MIDI software program for composing songs?

m8t
05-12-2003, 01:03 PM
:D
hi there !
Steinberg Cubase SX 1.01 is brilliant. i downloaded it for some muso friends and they plugged in everthing but the hammer drill and have turned out professional cd's that could only be replicated in an expensive studio. (i have it on K++)
regards
m8t :D

Lamsey
05-12-2003, 02:44 PM
Sibelius is also good. Dunno about availability on KaZaA though...

Spindulik
05-12-2003, 09:03 PM
Thanks guys! I'm going to have to look into those software packages.

I'll be back when I try them out.

bulio
05-13-2003, 12:33 AM
i like fruityloops myself. its pretty cool.

Yogi
05-13-2003, 10:36 AM
Cubase SX only runs on XP.

Sibelius is a score-program(but the best!!)

There's Reason, an all in one package looking like a 19 inch rack with all the instruments mixers, effects.
No vst-compatibility though.(but you can route throug Cubase with Rewire and use vst-effects that way, but no vst-i's)

Orion, like Reason but with VST-compatibility.

Storm, like the two above, but cheaper.

There's still also Logic from emagic, wich has gone totally mac.
But there are still versions for the pc of this topnotch-sequencer.

And Sonar from Cakewalk, wich has Acid-properties aboard.
With this one you can use a vst-wrapper to use vst- instruments&effects.

grtz,

yogi

Spindulik
05-13-2003, 01:21 PM
It seems that most of these programs will work.

I have a 16 track MDI sequencer built into my keyboard. Software sound effects are not important to me, since my keyboard already has that. But the composing (scores), with software will make writing music easier for me, since I suck at it with blank sheets of paper and a pencil.

Thank Guys.

BigEd35
05-16-2003, 11:04 PM
If you're looking for a composing program, I like to use finale, I have the full version that I'm sharing, it's simple, works great with midi and mouse input. Enjoy!