PDA

View Full Version : Wieso.

ringo
05-10-2003, 08:34 PM
Es ist leider erstaunlich, wieviele angeblich deutsch gesprochene Filme dann doch englisch sind. So wird der Spass und alles immer mehr verdorben und man muss sich überlegen eine andere Tauschbörse zu suchen.
Die aufgewendete Zeit geht in die Tage und der Nutzen gleich 0.
Kann hier nicht einmal ehrlich gehandelt werden?????????????
gruss

ringo

Bender
05-10-2003, 08:41 PM
There is nothing to do about that, it's the user who shares the movie who decides what to put in the data.

I read German but I can't write it, sorry about that.
There's a German Kazaa Lite website (mp3-world.net) listed in the links of the main page. (http://doa2.host.sk/)

Jibbler
05-10-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by ringo@10 May 2003 - 16:34
Es ist leider erstaunlich, wieviele angeblich deutsch gesprochene Filme dann doch englisch sind. So wird der Spass und alles immer mehr verdorben und man muss sich überlegen eine andere Tauschbörse zu suchen.
gruss

ringo
English is the spoken language here.

LEARN IT OR BEAT IT! :huh:

J'Pol
05-10-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Jibbler+10 May 2003 - 21:50--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jibbler @ 10 May 2003 - 21:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ringo@10 May 2003 - 16:34
gruss

ringo

LEARN IT OR BEAT IT&#33; :huh: [/b][/quote]
Now that really is a bit h4r5h.

Bender
05-10-2003, 08:59 PM
I don&#39;t think either there was need for that. :huh:

Benno
05-10-2003, 11:17 PM
In Kazaa gibt es leider eher wenige deutsche Filme, aber du kannst immer mit avipreview schauen ob er wirklich deutsch ist oder nicht.

Ansonsten gibt es bei emule viele deutsche Filme. ;)

TIDE-HSV
05-10-2003, 11:47 PM
Das war auch meine Antwort, aber du bist doch schneller. AviPreview oder EMule. :)

Jibbler
05-11-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by JPaul@10 May 2003 - 16:57
Now that really is a bit h4r5h.
I don&#39;t think so. The forum is on an American server and nearly every post, except some jokes, are all in English. When in Rome, do as the Romans do. When on the forum, speak English. I&#39;d rather deal with people from different countries speaking broken english, than have to see an all German post. Be proud of your heritage, buy a flag, and celebrate in your home, not on this board. :huh:

J'Pol
05-11-2003, 12:43 AM
Which of the host, or administrators do you think are American.

Which American server is the forum on.

I would be really interested if you could enlighten me.

Bender
05-11-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Jibbler@11 May 2003 - 02:30
I don&#39;t think so.&nbsp; The forum is on an American server and nearly every post, except some jokes, are all in English.&nbsp; When in Rome, do as the Romans do.&nbsp; When on the forum, speak English.&nbsp; I&#39;d rather deal with people from different countries speaking broken english, than have to see an all German post.&nbsp; Be proud of your heritage, buy a flag, and celebrate in your home, not on this board. :huh:
We&#39;ve had first posts here in French, German, Dutch, Spanish and even Hebrew; don&#39;t blame this guy for clicking the link he found in his program. ;)
I think the best we can do is answer these people&#39;s questions (if we understand them), and redirect them if necessary. :)
Kazaa Lite and K++ is something worldwide; we need each other for the downloads.

thisiswhoweare
05-11-2003, 01:48 AM
translation through google:

It is unfortunately amazing, how many allegedly German spoken films are nevertheless English then. Thus the fun and all ever more are spoiled and one must look for each other superior another exchange stock exchange. The spent time goes into the days and the use equal 0. Cannot even be acted here honestly????????????? greeting

OlderThanDirt
05-11-2003, 03:19 AM
ringo wrote:

gruss

(via Google) Dieser konnte ein guter Vorschlag fur die Entwicklungsmannschaft Kazaa sein. In den Suchparametern erscheint nur "alles" - "Titel" - "Kunstler". Da "Sprache" bereits ist, konnen Umbauleute in ihre Filme, es kodieren sollten nicht zu schwierig sein, "Sprache" in die Suchparameterliste hinzuzufugen..., dadurch sieversehen sieversehen Sie mit einer Liste aller deutschen Filme (wo der Umbau enthalten ist).

Sorry ... this forum has problems processing the German "umlaut" characters. Basically, I was suggesting this. The "language" tag is already part of what Kazaa lists in searches. Currently, the only search selection parameters are "All" - "Title" - and "Artist." Since the tag is already among what&#39;s listed in a search, adding the "Language" search parameter would seem like a simple upgrade ... and would allow people to search specifically for films in many languages. (Just a "development" thought.)

TIDE-HSV
05-11-2003, 04:35 AM
Jim is correct in that neither the servers nor the hosts of this forum are American - or even English. It is a fact that English is the "Lingua Franca" of the Internet, but to meet someone seeking help in another language with hostility is absurd. In reality, our Dutch hosts are, in a way, writing in English as a courtesy. In any event, I&#39;d druther read a little German than have to decipher their Dutch. :lol:

Ad
05-12-2003, 01:10 PM
Okasto din bin gut ania sect

I need more transcription please :huh:

N£MO
05-12-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by ringo@10 May 2003 - 21:34
gruss

ringo
I do sort of agree when in Rome and all that but no need to be so rude. :D

There is a German speaking forum HERE (http://www.fasttrackhelp.com) that might be able to help you more. :)

Barbarossa
05-12-2003, 01:23 PM
I&#39;ll happily try and help anyone who posts in any language that I can at least attempt to translate using Babelfish (http://uk.altavista.com/babelfish)

It is unfortunately amazing, how many allegedly German spoken films are nevertheless English then. Thus the fun and all ever more are spoiled and one must look for each other superior another exchange stock exchange. The spent time goes into the days and the use equal 0. Cannot even be acted here honestly????????????? greeting

So clearly the guy is fed up of downloading "language" fakes - he tries to download a German film only to find that it&#39;s in English.

Sadly this time I can&#39;t help.. Fakes piss everyone off&#33; ;)

P.S. Babelfish (http://uk.altavista.com/babelfish) won&#39;t do Dutch, which is a bit of a pain, so can everyone write to them and ask them to include it please? Ta&#33; :D

oldmancan
05-12-2003, 04:01 PM
Tolerance is the key, we probably can agree, Jibbler&#39;s not bad, he just got mad, things are cool in the community.

Pretty bad (sad). I was taken back by Jibbler&#39;s first post in the thread. It wasn&#39;t that it was so harsh, just seemed out of character. Search his post and it sure seems he just was having a bad day.

@Jibbler not trying to psychoanalyze ya or nothing. If I&#39;m outta line, I apologise. Peace.

btw those online translators sure come up with some funny things. Got turned on to Moorhund a couple years ago. German language game, trying to translate hints, cheats etc got to be almost as much fun as the game.

Benno
05-12-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by oldmancan@12 May 2003 - 18:01
Tolerance is the key, we probably can agree, Jibbler&#39;s not bad, he just got mad, things are cool in the community.

Pretty bad (sad).&nbsp; I was taken back by Jibbler&#39;s first post in the thread.&nbsp; It wasn&#39;t that it was so harsh, just seemed out of character.&nbsp; Search his post and it sure seems he just was having a bad day.

@Jibbler not trying to psychoanalyze ya or nothing.&nbsp; If I&#39;m outta line, I apologise.&nbsp; Peace.

btw those online translators sure come up with some funny things.&nbsp; Got turned on to Moorhund a couple years ago.&nbsp; German language game, trying to translate hints, cheats etc got to be almost as much fun as the game.
:lol: :lol: Its Moorhuhn :P

Hund = dog
Huhn=chicken :lol:

MaxAndig
05-12-2003, 07:45 PM
@ringo

My comment here is in German language as ringo does not seem to speak English.

Wenn Du Deinen Frust über die Moral der Sharer loswerden willst, dann ist dieses Forum wohl nicht der geeignete Ort dafür. Ein Troll-Rundumschlag nach dem Motto "Warum ist die Welt bloß so schlecht?&#33;" hilft keinem.

Falls Dir Filesharing mit Kazaa - aus welchen Gründen auch immer - ganz besonders nicht gefällt, warum verwendest Du dann Kazaa? Meine Empfehlung: Nicht international Deine "weltbewegenden" Wechselvorhaben ankündigen, sondern es einfach tun.

TIDE-HSV
05-12-2003, 08:21 PM
You tell&#39;im, Max. Wahrscheinlich wird Er nicht zurückkommen.

jetje
05-12-2003, 09:14 PM
@Ringo ich glaube das dort in Kazaa schön sehr viel deutschsprachige filmen sind.
Aber was sie versuchen könte wen du ein englisch gesprochene filme bekomt is auf die suche gehen nach subtitels... sie sind dort shön viele in Deutsch. Das macht das die download nicht um sonst war. ;)

@Jibler & Co

Just be friendly, lot of people in here try to write in english. Some just can&#39;t, or not enough to dare.
Some guy take the courage to subscribe to the forum to place a question and then get flamed.
Thank that&#39;s not really hospitable. Think we all agree on trying writing English in here. But why not be friendly to the one that writes a different language..
Ypou can check HERE (http://www.nedstatbasic.net/s?tab=1&link=1&id=1710719) where all come from. You see over 50% doesn&#39;t come from english spoken countries.... ;)

Btw my German is very bad, same as my english... but most important is imo i try to communicate.... ;)

J'Pol
05-12-2003, 09:20 PM
I&#39;ve had a look JJ.

The people from Belgia really aren&#39;t putting the effort in.

Jibbler
05-12-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by JPaul@10 May 2003 - 20:43

This is funny. I didn't even notice the board isn't hosted on a .com, but on a .cx, whereever that is. So I guess I spoke in error. :(

I might have been a bit rude when I first saw this thread, or as another person said, "out of character." Either way, I hate seeing posts in another language because I can't contribute to the coversation. Clearly if you were able to find this board, signup, and post, while everything is clearly in English, then I think you could post in the same language. Wouldn't this give us more opportunity to help you? :huh:

Hopefully no one was offended. Thanks go out to barbarossa for his quick interpretation of the original post. I sure hope someone was able to help him with his problem. :) B)

Jibbler
05-12-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by jetje@12 May 2003 - 17:14
You can check HERE (http://www.nedstatbasic.net/s?tab=1&link=1&id=1710719) where all come from. You see over 50% doesn&#39;t come from english spoken countries.... ;)

Interesting reading. 65% of the members here come from countries where English is their first language. 20% come from other countries. What bothered me was the 13.6% whose country was unaccounted for. How do you explain that? :)

TIDE-HSV
05-13-2003, 02:31 AM
Jibbler, the 13% are all Klingons. His original post&#39;s being in German wasn&#39;t out of line. I&#39;m sure, following the link, he didn&#39;t realize that his German post would land in an (almost all) English-language board. The tone of his post, however, was out of line. He was basically blaming us for films being mislabeled as German, when they weren&#39;t. He was also "huffy" about taking his business elsewhere. Max basically took care of him - told him that, if he didn&#39;t like Kazaa, just change - don&#39;t waste everybody&#39;s time with this kind of post. And, I must say, old Max was right eloquent in how he did it. :lol:

Jibbler
05-13-2003, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by TIDE-HSV@12 May 2003 - 22:31
Jibbler, the 13% are all Klingons.
Fucking Klingons. Is there no place safe anymore? The MPAA, then the RIAA, and now the Klingons. Can I say Klingon? or do I have to pay royalties to Mr. Shatner? damn, these copyrights are getting complex. :huh:

TIDE-HSV
05-13-2003, 03:51 AM
If you will browse back through these avatars, you will see quite a few with pointed ears. In fact, the percentage comes to almost exactly 13%. Think about it. You will notice, of course that I have no avatar. Also that I am emotionless.

Jibbler
05-13-2003, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by TIDE-HSV@12 May 2003 - 23:51
You will notice, of course that I have no avatar. Also that I am emotionless.
Maybe a shark avatar for you? :D :lol: :huh: :huh: ;)

TIDE-HSV
05-13-2003, 04:11 AM
Sharks got pointy ears?

Jibbler
05-13-2003, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by TIDE-HSV@13 May 2003 - 00:11
Sharks got pointy ears?
I believe lawyers do. ;) B)

TIDE-HSV
05-13-2003, 04:22 AM
It&#39;s obvious that, because of your callow youth, you don&#39;t possess the requisite knowledge to protect yourself from Klingons. You need to upgrade immediately to PGK (Peer Guardian - Klingon version). Also get the avatar-scanner plug-in. :lol:

TIDE-HSV
05-13-2003, 04:45 AM
Well, you&#39;ve outlasted me. You may have a time zone advantage as well as the age thing. Anyway, I like the "cut of your jib." I fully expect to come back and find this whole thing in the Lounge. :)

Jibbler
05-13-2003, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by TIDE-HSV@13 May 2003 - 00:45
Well, you&#39;ve outlasted me. You may have a time zone advantage as well as the age thing. Anyway, I like the "cut of your jib." I fully expect to come back and find this whole thing in the Lounge. :)
Why? Its not like we turned this thread into our "inside joke" or anything. Maybe someone should leave one last comment in German before we lock this one for safe keeping.

Auf weidersan? :huh:

TIDE-HSV
05-13-2003, 04:52 AM
Got me just before I left. OK, spelling correction: "Auf Wiedersehen." Or, where I learned it: "Auf Wiederschauen, und Gute Nacht."

Kabal
05-13-2003, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Jibbler+12 May 2003 - 23:51--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jibbler @ 12 May 2003 - 23:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JPaul@10 May 2003 - 20:43

This is funny. I didn't even notice the board isn't hosted on a .com, but on a .cx, whereever that is. So I guess I spoke in error. :(

I might have been a bit rude when I first saw this thread, or as another person said, "out of character." Either way, I hate seeing posts in another language because I can't contribute to the coversation. Clearly if you were able to find this board, signup, and post, while everything is clearly in English, then I think you could post in the same language. Wouldn't this give us more opportunity to help you? :huh:

Hopefully no one was offended. Thanks go out to barbarossa for his quick interpretation of the original post. I sure hope someone was able to help him with his problem. :) B) [/b][/quote]
Czech Republic? Csex republic? Labe habe gshleiken! :D

brotherdoobie
05-13-2003, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Jibbler+10 May 2003 - 15:50--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jibbler @ 10 May 2003 - 15:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ringo@10 May 2003 - 16:34
gruss

ringo

LEARN IT OR BEAT IT&#33; :huh: [/b][/quote]
Yes a bit harsh to say the least........I mean he spoke in German.
It wasn&#39;t like he wasn&#39;t sharing files........... :blink: ;) :blink: ;) :blink: ;)

Peace brotherdoobie

oldmancan
05-13-2003, 05:49 PM
So that&#39;s what happened. I stumble onto a German Chat room (thru k-lite chat) I ask a question in english, try to explain how I got there and such, then politely excuse myself. The next day I can&#39;t start my OS. Comp store thinks hardware, and takes machine. Turns out to be virus that got through NAV (hanuman, I think).

So to me Jibbler&#39;s minor &#39;tude moment was a much more tolerant response. Cause we are a happy community. lol