PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek E-books

RPerry
05-11-2003, 01:27 AM
I have been looking for Star Trek, and Star Trek TNG e-books, anyone have them?

bohemianrhapsody
05-19-2003, 09:57 PM
I have a few of the original series and TNG. I have more of Voyager and DS9. Are you looking for anything in particular? BTW, I can't believe you and I are the only two on this board that read Trek. ;)

Guillaume
05-19-2003, 10:44 PM
No, you're not but the e-books I found here are almost all "transcripts" from tv shows, not "real" novels... So if you've got some I'm your man, too! ( I'm also looking for the klingon dictionnary by Mark Okrand!)

bohemianrhapsody
05-20-2003, 01:25 AM
Go directly to used books at half.com (http://www.half.com) where they have 2 copies of the dictionary for under a dollar...both are from the 80s, if it matters.

The books I have are trek ebooks in text or lit format. Any series or do you have a favorite? Need to get them together and post.

imported_QuietSilence!
05-20-2003, 04:52 AM
the orignal trek books "the logs" where all transcripts of the show
this is one of the rare cases where the show came first and then the books

Guillaume
05-20-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by bohemianrhapsody@20 May 2003 - 02:25
Go directly to used books at half.com (http://www.half.com) where they have 2 copies of the dictionary for under a dollar...
I'm a cheapskate! ;) I meant I'm looking for a downloadable version of the dictionnary... I kept only 4, about the Dominion War ( 2 are a "new" story about the Enterprise crew during the war and the other two are transcripts from DS9 episodes) I don't know how to posts hashes or links so...

bohemianrhapsody
05-23-2003, 01:46 AM
I am getting the list typed...didn't forget. Had to watch season finales! I was hoping we might find new fans, but this is a pretty thin thread. Oh well. BTW Gurahl, it would cost more than $1 to print the dictionary! ;)

Guillaume
05-23-2003, 02:15 PM
Who ever said cheapskates were logical persons? :lol: I didn't mean to print it, just to keep it on my pc or maybe on a cd... And I don't trust buying/selling on the internet!

bohemianrhapsody
05-23-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Gurahl@23 May 2003 - 15:15
Who ever said cheapskates were logical persons?  :lol:  I didn't mean to print it, just to keep it on my pc or maybe on a cd... And I don't trust buying/selling on the internet!
Ok, you are not logical. I take it Spock was not one of your favorites. :D
I have a long list of books (300), should I post them all here, or do you want a specific series? I also have a few Babylon 5 short stories--interested?
I sent a PM to RPerry in hopes he would join us again. Need Trek fans!

enterfan
05-26-2003, 11:34 PM
Well I don't have any e-books, but I love trek books. I have been reading some of the Genisis wave books and the stargazer books. But I would love some e-books. And as you can tell I am new.

imported_QuietSilence!
05-28-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by bohemianrhapsody+23 May 2003 - 13:02--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bohemianrhapsody @ 23 May 2003 - 13:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Gurahl@23 May 2003 - 15:15
Who ever said cheapskates were logical persons? :lol: I didn&#39;t mean to print it, just to keep it on my pc or maybe on a cd... And I don&#39;t trust buying/selling on the internet&#33;
Ok, you are not logical. I take it Spock was not one of your favorites. :D
I have a long list of books (300), should I post them all here, or do you want a specific series? I also have a few Babylon 5 short stories--interested?
I sent a PM to RPerry in hopes he would join us again. Need Trek fans&#33; [/b][/quote]
by all means post them in the varafid section of book world i for one will get them :)

bohemianrhapsody
05-28-2003, 11:26 AM
I have no idea how to make a hash&#33; I guess I will have to read the newbie files. I can&#39;t imagine making 300 hashes anyway, so I will make one for the zip file (approx. 32 megs) that has all 300 in it. Easy to delete what you don&#39;t want. I will also check for singles I have that might fill in the gaps and zip & hash them too.

You and enterfan might also enjoy this website -- Chronology Of Written Star Trek Fiction --
A timeline of Trek books, novels, and novelizations. Quite a site&#33;

Here is the link: Site (http://www.maplenet.net/~trowbridge/timeline.htm)

There is another link for Trek Books that puts them in order by series, but I will have to post that later--I can&#39;t remember it off hand.

On second thought, I am just going to leave it in My Shared Folder. Search in Software or Everything for Trek. If anyone has a time that they usually come on, leave a note here or PM me, and I will be happy to leave my computer on during those hours. I am on EDT in the US.

ttik2k
03-18-2006, 09:20 PM
add in another trek fan
im new to all of this just finished my first tng ebook and loved it
need more!! feed me !!!!!
any help with getting tng and dsn series in .lit format????
thanks

gontol
03-28-2006, 05:07 AM
Star trek? hmm, i dont know, i think you should request it to www.pustakamaya.com , i was asking for bram stoker's novels and they got them for me the next day, well, you should try thttp://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=1299581
Edit/Delete Messagehough.

wmrawls
07-25-2006, 05:33 PM
If your still looking PM me. I have tons in lit and text format and can share via rapidshare.