PDA

View Full Version : hello all i'm new here how do i look for songs to download can anybody help

aby2006
10-30-2006, 02:47 AM
:dabs: i'm new here how do i look for songs to download can anybody help

jimbo12345
10-30-2006, 03:45 AM
i presume you already have a torrent manager?

If not, download something like bittorent.

Then use a torrent search - i use Isohunt to search for what you want.

I find limewire is the best option for music, and reasonably quick.

Download it, then you'll have options on the side menu - audio/video/program etc

Click on that and type in the artist or song etc that you want, and it'll bring a list of everything matching what you want.

On the list it brings up, choose one that has many licences or #'s, they will download quicker. Choose the speed on the source as T3, and you'll geta quick download.

I think...

Skiz
10-30-2006, 03:58 AM
i presume you already have a torrent manager?

If not, download something like bittorent.

Then use a torrent search - i use Isohunt to search for what you want.

I find limewire is the best option for music, and reasonably quick.

Download it, then you'll have options on the side menu - audio/video/program etc

Click on that and type in the artist or song etc that you want, and it'll bring a list of everything matching what you want.

On the list it brings up, choose one that has many licences or #'s, they will download quicker. Choose the speed on the source as T3, and you'll geta quick download.

I think...

I think if he knew how to utilize bittorrent, that he would know where to obtain music. My guess is that he is not that far yet.

Try here: http://www.slsknet.org/download.html

jimbo12345
10-30-2006, 10:17 AM
totally...i have no idea!but limewire works 4 me

ghurka
10-30-2006, 01:11 PM
It really depends whether you want to download individual tracks or full albums.

For individual tracks try Limewire/Frostwire or Emule.

For full albums BitTorrent is best.

Skiz
10-30-2006, 06:33 PM
It really depends whether you want to download individual tracks or full albums.

For individual tracks try Limewire/Frostwire or Emule.

For full albums BitTorrent is best.

Bittorrent is nice, but I only use it for music if I want to download a box set or something. It really depends on the genre you're looking for I think.

I also wouldn't dismiss Soulseek so fast. It prides itself as a place to obtain full albums, and it has a great selection - I love it.

digmen1
10-30-2006, 08:13 PM
Ares is a nice and easy to use program it looks and works like Kazaalite did, but with no fakes, it is very easy to set up. Limewire is quite a pain to download and install as you have that Java to download first which is very big.

Regards

Digby

Fourtyacres
01-12-2007, 07:20 PM
I stopped using Limewire was getting to much garbage now I mainly go to the russian sites most of them have quality downloads.