PDA

View Full Version : Trustworthy invitees?

tsuukai
11-03-2006, 02:03 AM
When offering invites, how does one know who would be a good person to invite? I have invites to a couple of private sites, and I don't want to give them out to anyone who's going to possibly abuse those invites. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Detale
11-03-2006, 02:23 AM
You never know, thats the truth of it. I have given out and traded LADS of invites. Most of em went VERY well, some of them on the other hand...not so well. I would say make sure they have ratio proof ( screenshots ) if the username is blocked out make them give you the name and PM them on the site if you are a member there as well. Also check the scammers list here (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bittorrent-invites-section/t-invite-scammers-126797)
Check them out as much as you can. One other thing is make some friends here ( I have ) people with more posts than yourself who have been here longer. They might know this user good or bad. Every little bit helps right. Rember to protect yourself as much as possible. When it all comes down to it it is all about trust.

I haven't been here that long but feel free to PM me with any concerns you may have I will give you my best answer. Good luck and welcome to FST

gamer4eva
11-03-2006, 02:48 PM
Nice explaination detale also you have to give chance to new members i believe anyway. Ofcourse you have to do your usual screenshot checking for ratios. If they have good stats on all sites then you could easily assume that they will not abuse the site and actually use it.:lol:

Edit:- My 900th Post!!!

Alien5
11-03-2006, 02:56 PM
i would check their profile on a site where you are also a member to see what their ratio is and to pm them there making sure they are, who they say they are.

tsuukai
11-04-2006, 01:27 AM
Awesome. Thanks so much for the tips. I'm pretty new to the trading invites thing.

FFh
11-04-2006, 01:41 AM
and if they scam u, you can just ask the staff of that particulary torrent site to disable his/her acc, it's really nice to see that they can no longer use that acc, but of course your invite is lost.

anyway, the peopel who have invites to really rare sitrs are more trustworthy than the others, of course scammers/liares don't count here.

jessifon
11-12-2006, 12:16 AM
Good advices! For people likes me amateur 100% in this topic.

Thnks m8s.

Shadowfire
11-12-2006, 03:20 AM
Oh, and beware of username censors in the ratio "proofs" they PM/email you, especially when you're trading accounts. There's usually no need to do that since it's one-on-one, unless they suspect you're a snitch.

syD
11-12-2006, 04:31 PM
yep, i never give out free invites to people who give me theyre usernames blacked out via pm.

i mean, its a private message, if they dont trust me with their user details, why should i trust them in return and invite them?

tdoar
11-12-2006, 05:24 PM
thanks for the good information here. i feel more at ease about giving invites now

gamer4eva
11-12-2006, 05:26 PM
I'm trustworthy so feel free to give me all your invites!!!!! Just kidding its just that you have to be lucky also the main factor personally is ratios.

Shadowfire
11-12-2006, 06:19 PM
I think that you'll also be less likely to be cheated if you trade in this forum, as opposed to other forums. Many people actually post frequently here and gain a rep, and if they are reported as scammers, then their whole trading gig is over here. This is a pretty well-moderated place, which is also a bonus. ... well moderated, that is, only if you don't count the lack of attention to the amount of spam and newbie/n00b bashing that goes on. Heh.

syD
11-12-2006, 11:01 PM
^ :yup: gp.

RealitY
11-13-2006, 03:59 AM
For those that are new when you get access to the invites section there are a set of pins to cover most concerns so make sure to read them first. Weve put quite a bit of time into the section to make it as best as possible for those that participate and are always open to suggestion. Those that are scum are tossed and those with crap intentions will quickly note this just isnt the place for it. The section has grown nicely and is full of great members which ultimately its them that makes it what it is...

peat moss
11-13-2006, 05:23 PM
I only give invites to people on this forum after reading their posts , I gave one to a workmate tho but I'm constantly reminding him of his poor share ratio .
He's come around tho its called peer pressure kinda like this forum . ;)

My friends are older and don't understand the idea so I don't bother inviting them .

poltergeist
11-13-2006, 11:35 PM
I would carefully look at the upload / download stats.
A few weeks ago somebody asked me for an invite and sent me a link to his TL-profile.
He has been a member there for only 3 weeks but uploaded about 11 Terabytes (!) there.
I myself do not look at any screenshots but let me send a PM on a few trackers to look at my own. I think that a screenshot can be faked within a few seconds...

Hairbautt
11-14-2006, 02:58 AM
On top of viewing their reputation on forums, I use my 6th sense to determine whether or not they are eligible for an invite from me! :w00t:

I'm serious, too by the way. :shifty: I've invited alotta people from here, too.