PDA

View Full Version : Oink

maseunit
11-04-2006, 01:15 AM
I was never really interested in oink for the past year. Figured I could take care of my musical needs otherwise. But I finally decided to check it out via help from a fellow pisexyan. WOW what was I thinking. This site is truely amazing. I just cant believe how much music. Dont think I'll ever need another resource. Just for an ex: i searched "Commander Cody And His Lost Planet Airmen", a 70's band. Been searching for about a year now for material from them on the torrent scene no luck except for an album or two that had distortions in some of the songs. Anyways like 9 albums came up absolutely redonkulous. Just wanted to speak my mind on my new found music paradise.:D

maseunit
11-04-2006, 01:27 AM
Oinky is the sh*t

Hairbautt
11-04-2006, 04:57 PM
I wonder if Oink's rep is growing too big...

Kojiro
11-04-2006, 09:00 PM
Scene and homemade releases on one tracker. OiNK is realy so good ? Not in my opinion :p

necromantic
11-04-2006, 09:06 PM
Scene and homemade releases on one tracker. OiNK is realy so good ? Not in my opinion :p

I cant think of one music site that compares with their selection (well maybe itunes) :P

pECi
11-04-2006, 09:32 PM
Oink definitely has the largest selection of music but because there are so many torrents there aren't that many seeds per torrent

Kojiro
11-04-2006, 09:43 PM
I cant think of one music site that compares with their selection (well maybe itunes) http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../images/smilies/tongue.gif
The number of torrents is impresive because any one of the members can upload a file, thats why :
#1 - the dl speed isn't often so high :p
#2 - some of the albums are mislabeled (not so often, but always there are few)

PooBar
11-05-2006, 08:51 AM
far to many torrents uploaded each day ,there should be a limit on how many torrents each user can upload a day,sometimes you see maybe 10 or more torrents upped by the same user and then they can only give a wee bit of bandwith so its go slow time some of the time,but i have had my fastest download from oink,its a top tracker but to many torrents

i thought i posted a lot,you make me look like a n00b pECi

sPike33
11-05-2006, 09:13 AM
oo nice.. can someone invite me for it? seems really nice

[email protected]

ty!:]

pECi
11-05-2006, 10:23 AM

:huh: huh??

EmpozX
11-05-2006, 12:05 PM
oo nice.. can someone invite me for it? seems really nice

[email protected]

ty!:]

Uhhm, read the rules. There's a special section for invites.

Btw, OiNK <3

Storm
11-05-2006, 05:44 PM
ive been trying to find a good site for music..... slsk sucks nowadays imho, ed2k is slow, usenet is legal, but costs €€€

however i also hear that its really hard to keep a good ratio @ oink..... what are you guys experience with that?

<- LoL

necromantic
11-05-2006, 05:51 PM
ive been trying to find a good site for music..... slsk sucks nowadays imho, ed2k is slow, usenet is legal, but costs €€€

however i also hear that its really hard to keep a good ratio @ oink..... what are you guys experience with that?

<- LoL

Not that tough to keep a good ratio on oink, but it takes some planning. Read the rules and the help section before you start downloading!!! And it's a lot easier if you upload a few things too.

Hairbautt
11-05-2006, 06:00 PM
Just try to seed the things you download...early in the game. I also try to lookup recent new (before theres many seeders) releases from popular artists and I'll grab them ASAP. Then leave it to seed for a while--->no problem.

rmiller07
11-05-2006, 08:01 PM
I cant think of one music site that compares with their selection (well maybe itunes) :P[/quote]

No, i guaruntee they have more music than the itunes store.

Sean_Rob
11-06-2006, 10:34 PM
I upload in OiNK without any problem and eventhough a few users downlad your files , But I reach above 2.0 for each titles I upload it .