PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Please Vote

torrentslave
11-04-2006, 04:51 AM
should this thread be stickied

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/bittorrent-invites-section/t-trusted-traders-135579

frizshizzle
11-04-2006, 05:09 AM
yep definitely should be pinned.

erax
11-04-2006, 05:24 AM
yes

Buggyme
11-04-2006, 05:25 AM
lol, definitely - im sure some1 will come around and sticky it.

Detale
11-04-2006, 05:31 AM
As I said b4 ABSOLUTLY!

necromantic
11-04-2006, 05:58 AM
Good traders turn bad, and likewise bad traders just might turn good. Bad traders can register for a new account here also. This thread will not reduce the risk of being burnt on a trade IMO.

Traders beware, if a deal sounds too good to be true it probably is.

frizshizzle
11-04-2006, 06:23 AM
Traders beware, if a deal sounds too good to be true it probably is.
I should really listed to what they say on the "the real hustle"
Doubt how many good traders turn to the darkside. bad traders will always be fucktards.

thecoolguy
11-04-2006, 07:02 AM
I honestly feel this isn't a good idea. Good traders might be subjected to hate from people they don't give invites to. This is just asking for a topic about flames and misleading confrontations between the slightest problems between two people over the silliest stuff. I will have to completely disagree with this idea and make sure nothing comes of it.

-TheCoolGuy

Patriot foreve
11-04-2006, 07:53 AM
hell yeah,i am voting for yes and i am suggestig that everyone of us should update his response in that topic at least once aweek

RealitY
11-04-2006, 09:24 AM
Ive watched that thread since it started and so far seems on track. It could become messy with complaining about those on the list. So posts made along those lines will be deleted. A note regarding that should be placed in the first post. There may be other bugs along the way which will have to be dealt with. Most likely will add a note that any duplicate accounts posting within that thread will have thier accounts set to Disabled Privlages removing access to the section. To keep it simple just a point for each time a member is mentioned. Think if the thread is kept clean and up to date it could be productive. When the first post is current will pin it...

Chewie
11-04-2006, 09:38 AM
I think it's a pretty good idea.
Possibly the best way to keep it up to date would be in the same way as the BT Sites thread, updating the first post and removing post casting votes.

Alternatively, there may be a board plugin allowing people to add reputation points to members (as they do on Experts Exchange), although it would probably need to be hacked/tweaked to work only in the BT Invites section.

DKre8ive1
11-04-2006, 10:38 AM
Who is to say that Joeblow #1 hasnt made two accounts here and is basically pumping himself up by posting Joeblow #2 has a +5?
Sorry to burst your idea but its just a scenrio that could come about, if you can shoot me down please do so.

thecoolguy
11-04-2006, 10:39 AM
I'd go for that more than the stupid posts thing--a completely stupid idea.

-TCG.

jaqozo
11-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Who is to say that Joeblow #1 hasnt made two accounts here and is basically pumping himself up by posting Joeblow #2 has a +5?
Sorry to burst your idea but its just a scenrio that could come about, if you can shoot me down please do so.

That`s not the only problem of this thread.
Actually through this thread you can know who trades invites and report`em.
Moreover, till now I can see some users who report traders to the trackers, moreover, they are "good traders" themselves :D

Chewie
11-04-2006, 11:31 AM
We'll see how its used.

I'd prefer a proper voting system whereby members can add points to someone else's reputation after they themselves have met criteria such as post count, time limits etc.

thecoolguy
11-04-2006, 11:32 AM
^ I preffer that too. Although I don't see how this survey/input will help. The selection proccess is not random and revolves around if anyone bothers reading stickies, if anyone can read english, if anyone even votes, etc.

But yeah. w/e

-TCG

Buggyme
11-04-2006, 11:33 AM
Yeah well, the question is, will the admins of the board implement the 'voting system' or not. I'd prefer the system as well.

Buggyme
11-04-2006, 11:35 AM

Well, if joeblow is to make another account, he has to wait a month to get in this forum, which I think will deter people from making extra accounts.

pECi
11-04-2006, 11:13 PM
and if user 1 pm's user 2 saying he's gonna add him to the trusted traders list if he does the same and they both scam afterwards wouldn't it be sucky??;) anyway everyone kinda knows the trusted users by their activity in the forums :)

just my 50 cents:wacko:

Detale
11-05-2006, 07:07 AM
Im sure there are kinks to work out as with any good idea. I think realits and the rest of the staff here will do a top notch job. Good luck guys!

sababot
11-05-2006, 09:37 AM
why dont we make this sticky a poll?
and why not pmimg this thread to the users of this forum
so everybody can be active here :)

pECi
11-05-2006, 11:40 AM
Reality's got a point there...it's useless to award someone +2 +3 +whatever because u made more trades with that person and a poll won't work for the simple reason u can only vote 1 person though it would have had more functionality a public poll where everyone sees what everyone voted

but we could make a table with traders on one side and those who traded with them on the other side instead of giving +1 coz one name added to everyone's list would be like adding +1 and should be updated daily

there's again the security issue but if other peeps won't have anything against it i won't also