PDA

View Full Version : blood of the scribe video

popwar
11-04-2006, 02:30 PM
anyone know where i can find a blood of the scribe music video? i've looked all over.

cpt_azad
11-04-2006, 07:18 PM
There is no music video for Blood of the Scribe, it was never a single, if you're referring to covers I made one like a week ago:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/music/t-blood-scribe-cover-134364

popwar
11-06-2006, 07:37 PM
and yes there is a video but it dont show what i need. the part where the riff comes in that everybody tries to play the 0 79 0 710 part he goes up to somewhere around 20 and i dont know how its played

popwar
11-06-2006, 07:41 PM
that video is expired put it on rapidshare or sumtn

cpt_azad
11-07-2006, 03:07 AM
If you know anything about music theory you will know that notes on a guitar are 100% transposeable. Just because Willie/Mark play it around the 20th fret for the 2nd part of the riff you are referring to, does not mean you cannot play it around the 8th on a different (higher) string. They are the absolute same notes, so I am not playing it wrong (I tabbed it by ear, you won't find the tab I used anywhere online).

Now heres the trick, the reason they play that second part up near the 20th fret on the 4th + 5th string is because 3 of the notes are palm muted, if you palm mute notes on the 2nd+3rd string (like I do in my cover) it doesnt sound as chunky as if you would do it on the 4th+5th string, but hey, they're the same notes, its not like I'm playing it wrong.

To further clarify this:

This is what Lamb of God actually plays:

e|------------------------------
B|------------------------------
G|---------7h10---6h9-----------
D|-0-(0)-.----------------------
A|-0-(0)-.----------------------
D|-0-(0)-.------0------0-0-000--
. . . ...

e|----------------------------------------
B|----------------------------------------
G|----------------------------------------
D|---------------------------14h15p14-----
A|-20/19---19/17-------16-17----------17--
D|-------0--------0-0----------------------
. . . . .

This is what I play (note: same fucking thing):

e|------------------------------
B|------------------------------
G|---------7h10---6h9-----------
D|-0-(0)-.----------------------
A|-0-(0)-.----------------------
D|-0-(0)-.------0------0-0-000--
. . . ...

e|-----------------------------
B|--------------------5h6p5----
G|-10/9---9/7-----6-7-------7--
D|-----------------------------
A|-----------------------------
D|------0-----0-0--------------
. . . . .

Exact same thing, different positions, go ahead try it out yourself, they both sound the same except I prefer my way cuz I'm lazy.

Here is the video that you are looking for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrKGpgMYeRg

Here is my half ass attempt at covering it:

http://download.yousendit.com/39C8FC902D4E32A2

popwar
11-07-2006, 04:27 AM
lol what a dickhead asshole. i know i dont have to play it like they do but i want to cuz if they were to tab it thats what they would put. lol

cpt_azad
11-07-2006, 04:39 AM
lol what a dickhead asshole. i know i dont have to play it like they do but i want to cuz if they were to tab it thats what they would put. lol

You do realize I'm just trying to make your life a hell of a lot easier, if you wanna play it their way then that's cool I just provided you the tab for that so go have fun, but remember that after last note you have to get to the 8th fret (palm muting) double quick, so have fun.

And the point of playing music is to enjoy man, not to imitate others, if that's your thing then fine I wont be a dick, but the whole point of music is to improve not be copycat. I found that Willie's method was pretty stupid and thus transposed his notes till it was much more efficient.

popwar
11-07-2006, 04:44 AM
its just the way u bitched at me made me laugh. like you were fed up with it lol.:lol:. i've been playing guitar for 4 years. not alot but im not gonna stop playn.

cpt_azad
11-07-2006, 07:09 AM
its just the way u bitched at me made me laugh. like you were fed up with it lol.:lol:. i've been playing guitar for 4 years. not alot but im not gonna stop playn.

lol, sorry, was in a bitchy mood didnt do so well on my cmns midterm (39 out of 50).

4 years eh? Good stuff, dont quit guitar rocks. I'm coming up on 9 months :01: I got that white Ibanez as an 8th month anniversery (for playing guitar) gift :happy: I wonder what I'll be like in 4 years....

popwar
11-07-2006, 03:34 PM
well i can play most of their songs. and some of their shit is challenging at parts. can you play any of their stuff?

cpt_azad
11-07-2006, 09:29 PM
well i can play most of their songs. and some of their shit is challenging at parts. can you play any of their stuff?

Yup :)

I know how to play:

-Ruin
-As the Palaces Burn
-11th Hour
-For Your Malice
-In Defense of our Good Name
-Vigil

-Laid to Rest
-Hourglass
-Now You've Got Something to Die For
-Faded Line
-Omerta
-Blood of the Scribe
-One Gun (minus the solo, I'll ear tab it some time next week)
-Break You (hardest song you will ever play, guaranteed, if you want the correct tab gimme a shout, I tabbed this one out a while ago)
-What I've Become (sweet ass solo in this one)
-Ashes of the Wake (minus the 3rd solo, I love playing the 4th solo though)
-Remorse is for the Dead

Look up a thread called Sacrament Tabs thats in musicworld, I ear tabbed most of the songs off that album after it came out (before the tabs were available online at like Ultimate-Guitar or w/e), that's one of my more prouder achievements :D (check the date of the posts you can verify it lol), so in saying that:

-Walk With Me in Hell
-Again we Rise (minus solo, I can play the solo just not at the same speed)
-Redneck
-Pathetic
-Descending
-Blacken the Cursed Sun
-More Time to Kill (I'm gonna ear tab the lead part in this song, so cool)

All those songs and Bloodletting from their BtP days.

:01:

popwar
11-07-2006, 10:22 PM
damn and u only been playin not even a year? wtf? im talkn about the whole songs though not just parts.

cpt_azad
11-08-2006, 01:57 AM
damn and u only been playin not even a year? wtf? im talkn about the whole songs though not just parts.

Umm yes I play the whole songs not the parts.... hell I know how to play almost all of Purified, but I didnt' put it down b/c I cant fully play it (just too lazy I guess).

And ya about 9 months now that I've been playing guitar, it just comes naturally to me, I got into Lamb of God around March/April and that's when I really started to practice guitar and got good, I owe LoG for getting my techniques up lol. :01:

But ya like I said I wonder what I'll be able to do in 4 years, right now I'm learning sweep picking and man its a total bitch.

Oh and I am self taught, no lessons or anything (which is worst then you think cuz I don't fully know or appreciate guitar theory, but enough to get by).

popwar
11-08-2006, 02:27 PM
im self taught too. but the program that helped me was (is) TabIt. i got the full version if you want it.

cpt_azad
11-08-2006, 07:32 PM
im self taught too. but the program that helped me was (is) TabIt. i got the full version if you want it.

What is it?

popwar
11-09-2006, 03:06 PM
www.tabit.net (http://www.tabit.net) go there and read it. its basically a guitar tablature program with over 127 instruments and you can download midi playback tabs from your favorite bands or make them yourself. dont bother downloading the trial version u can do much in it. only 16 bars. in full is 2000 bars.