PDA

View Full Version : UltimateDefrag

Hairbautt
11-05-2006, 01:55 AM
Hopefully this hasn't been mentioned before...I did a search for the topic title with no results.
------------------------------------------------
UltimateDefrag is the Ultimate Defragger and File Placement Optimizer. Defragging hard drives helps to restore your hard drive performance. File placement optimizing on the other hand, boosts your theoretical hard drive file access performance by up to 300% of manufacturers quoted averages (typical performance increase you'll experience is between 25 and 100%) by placing the files you want performance from onto the faster performing (outer tracks) areas of your hard drive. With UltimateDefrag - you can specify which individual files, programs or games you want the best performance from. The "Archive" function places all of your unused files out of the way and onto the slower performing areas of your hard drive.

The UltimateDefrag Secret!
Hard drive file usage follows Pareto's Law (The 80/20 Rule) - 80% of the time you only use 20% of the files on your computer. The other 80% of the files that you use only 20% of the time is in the way and slowing your hard drive down.... significantly! What it does mean is that you need to relocate those files to the slower section of your hard drive - the inner tracks. In other words, get them out of the way.

Then take the remaining 20% (the files that you use the most) and place them on the outer tracks of your drive where performance is 180 to 240% that of the inner tracks. You then consolidate them closely together (i.e. maximize seek confinement) - the result is that the data that you actually access - booting your computer, loading programs, frequently used data files are on the area of your disk that is 200% faster and then.... because it is all close together you achieving track-to-track seeks and instantaneous seeks that result in access times that are 100% to 500% times quicker than quoted access times.
A few features:
Strategic File Placement Gives You Complete Control Over Which Files And Programs You Want Increased
Performance From
Place Unused Data (such as ZIP Files and unused Windows files) Out Of The Way
Place Directories In The Optimum Position For Superior Performance
Defrag with as little as 1% FREE space
Enjoy fast 2 to 3 minute complete defrags
Choose From 4 Powerful Defrag Methods With Over 33 Defrag Option Combinations
The First Complete "DISK" Metaphor In Any Defragger - true picture of your drives
Flexible Scheduling lets you defrag while your away from your computer----------------------------------------------------------------
Anyways, checkout it out:
http://www.disktrix.com/ultimatedefrag/ultimatedefrag.htm

If you wanna know more about it see here (with user comments):
http://www.nsaneproductions.com/forums/?showtopic=4630

So long WindowsDefrag & Diskeeper.

LilAznAccommodator
11-05-2006, 04:16 AM
Yup this Defragger is the new 'In', replaced my O&O Defrag instantly.

Damnatory
11-05-2006, 06:41 AM
How does it compare to Diskeeper?

Anything as cool as the invisitasking diskeeper implements to defrag in real-time?

clocker
11-05-2006, 01:15 PM
If nothing else, the graphical display is fun to watch and makes more sense than the usual rectangular representation.
Fragmentation has never really been much of an issue for me but I'll try this one out for at least the length of the trial period.

Thanks.

j2k4
11-05-2006, 01:46 PM
If nothing else, the graphical display is fun to watch and makes more sense than the usual rectangular representation.
Fragmentation has never really been much of an issue for me but I'll try this one out for at least the length of the trial period.

Thanks.

I'll watch over your shoulder, if that's okay...:)

Hairbautt
11-05-2006, 02:35 PM
Took like 2 hrs to defrag my Main drive and my Media drive...Make sure you READ, yes READ, the *.pdf help file on what settings best suit your computer setup.

Later, after a more thorough run I post whether or not my computer is faster or what-not...(Really, I just wanna play a game).

nodzv
11-07-2006, 10:03 AM
i think Diskeeper is better

matt526
11-07-2006, 03:00 PM
UltimateDefrag made my computer faster, and it is pretty cool how you can look at each cluster on your hard drive. just don’t' stair at the picture of you hard drive to long. Gave me a headache:wacko: :wacko:

Hairbautt
11-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Heck yea. Made mine faster too! I put mostly used apps (IE7, WMP, iTunes, Game) then Windows folder. I Seem to get better performance!

Also, did my external Media Drive...Put Music, then video up front. iTunes seems to write tags faster (esp. for movies) if you ask me.

peat moss
11-08-2006, 02:09 AM
i think Diskeeper is better

I'm using Diskeeper 11 , don't know if its better but pretty happy with it . But still think I'll try UtiDefrag . just like the name myself and would hate to miss out on something . :D

CableGuy
11-08-2006, 02:14 AM
Diskeeper 10 is what I'm still using, I didn't even know 11 was out. Just using this to defrag my page file speed my computer up alot.

peat moss
11-08-2006, 02:45 AM
Diskeeper 10 is what I'm still using, I didn't even know 11 was out. Just using this to defrag my page file speed my computer up alot.

Just tried it and it was so fast did n't think it worked . But I'm still running DK 11 so its not a true test . Tried Boot Defrag it took 2 secs ? BS .:huh:

I'd have to try on a different system ,I sent to a few of my Butt head friends to try . They never Defrag unless I'm there doing it for them . :lol: Reminds me of System Mechanic Defrag in that it has a strange look . :)

Hairbautt
11-25-2006, 01:10 PM
Just tried it and it was so fast did n't think it worked . But I'm still running DK 11 so its not a true test . Tried Boot Defrag it took 2 secs ? BS .:huh:
You are selecting the files you want for UltimateDefrag on the outer rim first right? (high performance) and the archives? And you got it on the"Consolidate" method, with respect to 'High Performance' and 'archives', right?:huh: Cause I didn't at first and it took 3-4 seconds, too.

Anyways, new version! UltimateDefrag 1.32

:source: http://www.disktrix.com/ultimatedefrag/
:down: http://www.nsaneproductions.com/?request=5113647

peat moss
11-25-2006, 03:02 PM
No I did n't take your advice to read the help file first ! :pinch: Its funny how fickle you get trying new programs tho . I deleted it after a day but will try again ,I liked the defrag with as little as 1 % free space idea . :)

I see its on Nsanes site so it must be good , when did he get back online ?

zapjb
11-25-2006, 03:33 PM
Hairbautt
You are selecting the files you want for UltimateDefrag on the outer rim first right? (high performance) and the archives? And you got it on the"Consolidate" method, with respect to 'High Performance' and 'archives', right?:huh: Cause I didn't at first and it took 3-4 seconds, too.
What files should I put on the outer rim? And consolidate? I got the high performance part. But I don't understand how to do all you said.

Explain please. I see the options. But I don't know how to enable them all at once. It doesn't let me select more than 1 option.

Hairbautt
11-25-2006, 03:49 PM
In Options in Ultimate Defrag:
High Performance and Archives should be 'custom' and (I would) also check to 'Respect Layout.ini'.
1.) High Performace - select program folders that you often use.
ex. The Windows Folder, Game folders, maybe your office word processor, Media Player, etc.
2.) Archives - select programs rarely used.
ex. Windows Update Hotfix Uninstallers, My Pictures, media clips, clipart, etc.

*When you go to actually defrag, select the 'Consolidate Method' and in its options, and you MUST have it respect 'High Perf. & Archives'.

*Also remember when you have selected files for 'High Performance' you can move items to the top of the list for priority, but be sure you have all the items you want cause if you add something it'll reset the list (annoying).:ermm:

***There's also a .pdf in your Disktrix startmenu folder***

Iceblade
11-28-2006, 12:59 AM
ive tried ultimatedefrag and to be honest afterwards i had a lot of problems with my pc and eventually it kept crashing....could be coincidence i dont know but im not touching it again....i use diskeeper.

abu_has_the_power
11-28-2006, 02:21 AM
i've been using this for a few weeks now. got from sct when it came out. it's done wonders for my 80gb in my laptop. i have it organize my hdd contents by how frequent they're accessed, and all the less frequent stuff goes in the center, and the most often used stuff on the outter rings. so far, i haven't noticed too much of a speed increase, but my files fragment a lot less.

i used perfect disk, and this is a lot better

Chewie
12-03-2006, 06:24 AM
Although I like the feature that you can decide which files/folders to place on the outer cylinders, I don't think I'll bother trying this out as Perfectdisk 8 appears to perform fantasticlly for me anyway.
It keeps tabs in the background of how often processes run and decides for me which ones need to be placed where.

I've tried O&O, Executive and others but keep coming back to Dk.

FooBag
12-03-2006, 10:45 PM
I'm a big fan of Diskeeper, but I'll have to give this one a try.

lightshow
12-04-2006, 12:40 AM
I'm trying it out tonite. I'll report back with my results.

My install is so laggy lately that I've been wanting to just scrap it and do a fresh install. The only thing keeping me from doing so is I'm about to do an upgrade and I don't want any downtime during finals week.

Panther
12-04-2006, 02:39 AM
yeah thanks, will definately try it out, always want my baby to go faster..

enjoy_with_me
12-04-2006, 12:09 PM
many thanx , will give it a try

sameer0807
12-04-2006, 07:10 PM
thnx will give it a shot

sameer0807
12-04-2006, 07:50 PM
update:
ok so i tried this program
and wow i m amazed that how fast my computer is running now
i strongly recommend this to anymore

In comparison to Diskeeper, this program is way better....

ps btw where will i find windows startup files? cause i can make my windows boot really fast
with ultimate defrag, but i dunno where to find those files...any help?

Hairbautt
12-04-2006, 08:12 PM
In response to the Windows Startup files, just select the entire 'Windows' Folder THEN unselect all the $NtUninstall lookin' folders--which are all the Windows Updates/Hotfixes--in fact those should all be archived if you have'em. ;)

Glad the topic is still runnin'.

lightshow
12-06-2006, 09:17 PM
I've ran the program and I have had a significant increase in speed. I highly reccomend it.

Chewie
12-06-2006, 11:38 PM
...$NtUninstall lookin' folders--which are all the Windows Updates/Hotfixes--in fact those should all be archived if you have'em. ;)
I delete those and the Office installation files as I think they are unnecessary.

Hairbautt
12-06-2006, 11:52 PM
...$NtUninstall lookin' folders--which are all the Windows Updates/Hotfixes--in fact those should all be archived if you have'em. ;)
I delete those and the Office installation files as I think they are unnecessary.
Arn't they necessary for file protection? :mellow: That's what I was told.

Chewie
12-07-2006, 12:04 AM
Arn't they necessary for file protection? :mellow: That's what I was told.
You mean 'shadow copy protection'? Possibly for the service packs but the Office files are not necessary since if you delete them Windows will ask for the installation disc when it needs to install a component, install an update or replace original files through 'shadow copy protection'.

Hairbautt
12-08-2006, 12:37 PM
Oh, I don't have any Office Installation files. I think it is cause I have Office XP (2002), and 2003 is the one with that (have it on my laptop). Oh, and did I mention clipart is something I'd archive. :smilie4: