PDA

View Full Version : Prolem With Xvid?

a chump
05-11-2003, 11:39 PM
Hi everyone,

Im in need of a bit of help. I already had fully functional codecs for everythin except playing SVCD's. To get the codec I downloaded K-lite pack. I thought i cud just instal over my existing codecs which would be replaced. but since installing I can watch all movies except Xvid's which come out VERY VERY dark. my xvids were all fine, good quality b4. Its so dark they r impossible to watch. I hav tried a few things and the suspect file is xvid.ax. The file cant be deleted unless after a restart. After deleting and reinstalling the particular file the same problem occurs. Dont know if u could help me, I would really appreciate any suggestions.

Its so anoying as I hav just got the 9 animatrix's but they come up too dark to watch!

Sasage
05-11-2003, 11:46 PM
I have the Divx Total Pack, ffdshow, and XVID. I think you may need ffdshow in order to watch some xvids......

AlanPartridge
05-11-2003, 11:59 PM
But watch out! If you have ffdshow you can't run avipreview! Ooohh the stress and strain!

a chump
05-12-2003, 12:12 AM
ive been able to watch xvids in the past, but its just since i tried to get a new svcd codec. Its just dark! where do i get ffdshow then, il giv it a try

cheers

Sasage
05-12-2003, 12:30 AM
http://www.divx-digest.com/software/ffdshow.html

Crack_man
05-12-2003, 05:14 AM
Try reinstall K-Lite Codec Pack but uninstallyour old one first

a chump
05-12-2003, 08:29 AM
yea tried that, no such luck. :( It just leaves a mess of random codecs in my sys32 folder.

ck-uk
05-12-2003, 08:55 AM
m8 have tried going to

control panel>audio,soud devices>hardware
tab>video codec>properpies

and tri and remove any unwanted codec that way :)

VB
05-12-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by a chump@12 May 2003 - 10:29
yea tried that, no such luck. :( It just leaves a mess of random codecs in my sys32 folder.
:huh: What's random about it? It installs what you select in the installer.

The XviD directshow filter that is in the K-Lite Codec Pack has a nice brightness option...

a chump
05-12-2003, 12:27 PM
Oh, i didnt know about the brightness stuff. Il check that out. also didnt know about the codec properties in control panel. Il try both. "the randomness" is the file xvid.ax, it seems to be the problem, an error saying "error opening the file xvid.ax for writing. "

a chump
05-12-2003, 12:33 PM
i just tried to configure the xvid option in the k-lite menu. An error message came up saying "error in xvid.dll, missing entry:configure" any clues?

Thanks for your help by the way guys. Really appreciate it.

a chump
05-12-2003, 12:44 PM
IVE SORTED IT!!!! :D :lol: :D

I managed to get intop the xvid configuation at last and change the setting from 1 pass - CBR to 1pass - quality. I have no idea what that means, i was just fiddling! no idea why it stopped working cos it was fine b4 too?! Mayb i truly am a chump!

Anyway, thanks again people. I can finaly watch animatrix! Whey!

VB
05-12-2003, 02:02 PM
In Windows Media Player:

File > Properties > Advanced

There you can change brightness for XviD.