PDA

View Full Version : Delete inactive account?

Skiz
11-07-2006, 10:22 AM
Does FST delete member accounts after a certain time period has past? If not, I propose the idea. Looking at the Noob thread, it appears that the name selection is getting quite narrow. Here are some examples of those that just signed up tonight:

ajmalsheikh
mboyluca
certcomp
tijhuis
bopqwe
tres08
quontis

:blink:

Barbarossa
11-07-2006, 10:26 AM
They did used to cull zero-posters after a certain amount of time. I think it was 6 months :unsure:

Skiz
11-07-2006, 10:34 AM
They did used to cull zero-posters after a certain amount of time. I think it was 6 months :unsure:

It should be anyone with less than 10 er something. Shirley that would eliminate 1,000's of members. Probably just about every poster in the Noob thread. :frusty:

How am I supposed to read ajmalsheikh if he/she starts actually posting? :dabs:

MCHeshPants420
11-07-2006, 10:35 AM
I agree, let's delete Skizo.

Skiz
11-07-2006, 10:36 AM

I'm active. :snooty:

100%
11-07-2006, 10:54 AM
but if you delete inactive accounts - turning inti a quart of what of it is now
this forum looses credibility with the advertisers

{I}{K}{E}
11-07-2006, 11:05 AM
only accounts with 0 posts were removed. we never removed accounts that had posted 1 or more replies.

Snee
11-07-2006, 11:20 AM

Yeah, it's not as if he's saying something. Nothing worthwhile, anyways.

And I bet he'd not have such hard time getting those names if they were all in american, say, like tommyking, instead of ajmalsheikh.

Skiz
11-07-2006, 12:17 PM

And I bet he'd not have such hard time getting those names if they were all in american, say, like tommyking, instead of ajmalsheikh.

It's not a name, it's gibberish, just like 'bopqwe' or the others. And why don't you quit with your idiotic, obsessive flaming. It's getting quite creepy. :ermm:

manker
11-07-2006, 12:35 PM
It's a Muslim name, you moron.

Ajmal Sheikh.

How insular does a person's outlook have to be before that isn't blatantly obvious.

MCHeshPants420
11-07-2006, 12:50 PM
Also "tijhuis" is a surname, I don't think it is fair to ban members because they have foreign sounding names.

manker
11-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Also "tijhuis" is a surname, I don't think it is fair to ban members because they have foreign sounding names.
Agreed, but we should ban them for being fucking stupid.

It's a vote winner. I might make that into a slogan for my campaign in the upcoming mod-elections.

Snee
11-07-2006, 01:56 PM

It's not a name, it's gibberish, just like 'bopqwe' or the others. And why don't you quit with your idiotic, obsessive flaming. It's getting quite creepy. :ermm:
I think the the others said all there was to say.

You are an idiot tho', nevertheless. All I've done is call you on it when you were being particularily dense.

And btw:

Ajmal Sheikh - just fucking google the words
M Boy Luca - Oh noez, names and shit
Cert(ified?) Comp(etent?)
Tijhuis - surname
Tres08 - 308
Quontis - a name, a domain, and I dunno' what else.

Skizo makes less sense, seeing as how it isn't even spelled right.

Do you really think this thread was a good idea?

Virtualbody1234
11-07-2006, 03:43 PM
There's nothing wrong with the idea of this thread. It's a question "Related to the Board".

All the name calling and personal attacks don't belong here.

Only accounts that are really inactive (0 posts) ever get deleted, regardless of username.

Barbarossa
11-07-2006, 05:17 PM
There are 109580 users with zero posts. :o

85175 of those joined before 01/01/2006.

EDIT: Not all of them are JPaul's lurking sock-puppets. ;)

100%
11-07-2006, 05:42 PM
Total Members = 141,710
minus
0posters = 109,580
--------------------

Snee
11-07-2006, 05:43 PM
There's nothing wrong with the idea of this thread. It's a question "Related to the Board".

So there's nothing wrong in saying that accounts need to be deleted on the basis that the selection of usernames available to people now is reduced to gibberish even tho' the names he's assuming to be examples of this aren't actually gibberish?

The whole argument is rendered invalid by the fact that the problem with gibberish-usernames doesn't exist. And furthermore, how does it help the board to have someone claim that the new people who join have crap names?

Wonderful way of welcoming them, btw.

EDit: and inactive people who don't post are already being deleted.

There is no problem.

And, oh yeah, do you know how many words are in the english lexicon? We are hardly running out of possible combinations.

EDit II: Had he merely stopped at asking, or suggesting (even tho' I'da' thunk everybody knew about how things work already), there'd been no problem, it's the stupid bit...

RealitY
11-07-2006, 06:15 PM
Weve discussed this in the past and chose not to do it.
Though some time ago zero posters were pruned...

accat13
11-07-2006, 07:35 PM
Wow can't believe the amount of 0 poster...Some pretty nice user names in there as well...Might be time to pull out the thinning shears :)

zapjb
11-07-2006, 07:41 PM
Basically an old idea of mine. Dredged up & made pretty.

Let me restate my idea.

Zero posters must die! :w00t:

And 1 post wonders soon to follow. :01:

underground33
11-11-2006, 12:40 PM
only accounts with 0 posts were removed