PDA

View Full Version : best football player for ever?

audir8speed
11-08-2006, 03:50 PM
hello

what is the best player for ever?
thanks

ps: for is ZIDANE

benfica
11-08-2006, 04:58 PM
LUIS FIGO i think

JPaul
11-08-2006, 05:41 PM
Ronald Inho.

bigboab
11-08-2006, 07:41 PM
In my opinion it is Z Z Tops.:)

I wonder if this should be in the music section?:lol:

j2k4
11-08-2006, 08:35 PM
It was a fellow named Jim Brown, played at Syracuse and also for the Cleveland Browns, professionally.

Never mind your soccer or rugby or anything else.

The baddest man to ever make physical contact with an inflatable spheroid, ovate or otherwise.

True fact.

maebach
11-08-2006, 10:43 PM
It was a fellow named Jim Brown, played at Syracuse and also for the Cleveland Browns, professionally.

Never mind your soccer or rugby or anything else.

The baddest man to ever make physical contact with an inflatable spheroid, ovate or otherwise.

True fact.

:lol:

American football:

Jerry Rice or Howie Long

real football:

ZZ or franz beckenbauer

JPaul
11-08-2006, 11:27 PM
I was always a big fan of Marcus Allen.

He was awesome when the Raider beat the Redskins in Superbowl (insert Roman numerals here)

j2k4
11-09-2006, 12:02 AM

He was awesome when the Raider beat the Redskins in Superbowl (insert Roman numerals here)

Marcus Allen was very good.

The Super Bowl run when he reversed field behind the line and went (I think) 61 yards for the TD was all-time highlight stuff.

He couldn't carry Jim Brown's jockstrap.

JPaul
11-09-2006, 12:51 AM

The Super Bowl run when he reversed field behind the line and went (I think) 61 yards for the TD was all-time highlight stuff.

He broke three Superbowl records that year.

If memory serves it was longest rushing, longest individual TD and most individual points, but it was a long time ago and I was rather drunk. For some reason they played the game in the middle of the night, absolute madness.

j2k4
11-09-2006, 01:44 AM

If memory serves it was longest rushing, longest individual TD and most individual points, but it was a long time ago and I was rather drunk. For some reason they played the game in the middle of the night, absolute madness.

Jim Brown retired the year before the first Super Bowl was played.

Cleveland won the NFL title in '64, Brown retired in '66.

You had to see him to believe him.

Some backs had moves and speed, others had strength or instinct.

Brown it all, and in superior measure, too.

He literally did what he felt like doing on the field.

Skiz
11-09-2006, 03:00 AM
Not the best player ever (that decision is too hard), but I love hearing other retired players talk about Dick Butkus and how nasty of player he was. I read an interview that said:

"When I went out on the field to warm up, I would manufacture things to make me mad," Butkus said. "If someone on the other team was laughing, I'd pretend he was laughing at me or the Bears. I'd find something to get mad about, and punish that player. It always worked for me."

Teammates and opponents alike marveled at Butkus' ferocity. He intimidated players like nobody else. "If I had a choice, I'd sooner go one-on-one with a grizzly bear," former Green Bay Packers running back MacArthur Lane said. "I prayed that I could get up every time Butkus hit me."

It's great to watch shows about him on ESPN2. :yup:

JPaul
11-09-2006, 11:17 AM

Oh right, he retired before it became a serious sport. Played by highly trained, highly paid, professional athletes. That would obviously make him the best ever and totally pwn a chap who was the best of the best when it had become one of the most highly paid sports in the World.

My bad.

JPaul
11-09-2006, 11:18 AM
Not the best player ever (that decision is too hard), but I love hearing other retired players talk about Dick Butkus and how nasty of player he was. I read an interview that said:

Teammates and opponents alike marveled at Butkus' ferocity. He intimidated players like nobody else. "If I had a choice, I'd sooner go one-on-one with a grizzly bear," former Green Bay Packers running back MacArthur Lane said. "I prayed that I could get up every time Butkus hit me."

Basically your hero is The Waterboy.

http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/Movies/9811/13/review.waterboy/waterboy.jpg

Barbarossa
11-09-2006, 12:25 PM
That guy with the pineapple on his head, he was the best :happy:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/950000/images/_953693_jason_lee2_300.jpg

j2k4
11-09-2006, 09:57 PM

Oh right, he retired before it became a serious sport. Played by highly trained, highly paid, professional athletes. That would obviously make him the best ever and totally pwn a chap who was the best of the best when it had become one of the most highly paid sports in the World.

My bad.

...neither would I question your knowledge of "footie". :dabs:

Playing against a brand-new American football player would only have given Brown a newer, bigger opponent to punish.

ram82082
11-10-2006, 04:56 AM
dunno if you can really ask this question in regards 2 american football. its more of a position ? really.

but 2 humor the poster..... i saw #20 Barry Sanders. A mix of pure athletics, power, balance, EYES. He saw holes n creases me n the camera man missed.

Skiz
11-10-2006, 05:30 AM

Basically your hero is The Waterboy.

http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/Movies/9811/13/review.waterboy/waterboy.jpg

Nope. Purty sure I said Dick Butkus. :rolleyes:

dunno if you can really ask this question in regards 2 american football. its more of a position ? really.

but 2 humor the poster..... i saw #20 Barry Sanders. A mix of pure athletics, power, balance, EYES. He saw holes n creases me n the camera man missed.

I agree on Barry Sanders

The guy is 5'8" tall (68") and had a vert of 42". For those of you who don't know, your vert is tested from a standing jump. Could you image being able to stand still and jump almost 4 feet in the air?

13 NCAA record's set in his junior year alone.

You can find pictures of him cutting where he's almost sideways. Whether or not was the best is argueable, but he without a doubt had the best juck that the game has ever seen.

https://www.nmnathletics.com/ecomphotos1/300/426/4426.jpg

Barry Sanders kickoff touchdown returns of 100 yards plus in OSU's first possession in each of the opening games of the 1987 and 1988 seasons is a remarkable feat to say the least.

I think he would have been the all-time rushing leader had he played behind an offense line worth a shit.

j2k4
11-10-2006, 11:04 AM
Barry was superb.

Saw him play many times-the best place to watch him was from the end zone.

He and Gale Sayers were easily the most shifty and elusive players ever, period.

Skiz
11-10-2006, 11:14 AM
Barry was superb.

He and Gale Sayers were easily the most shifty and elusive players ever, period.

I was pretty young when I saw most of my pro football games/players, but I remember them well.

I secretly have a little Columbian Blue left in me, and always will. :cry:

soad2k4
11-10-2006, 05:30 PM
CHRISTIANO RONALDO the best player

JPaul
11-10-2006, 06:28 PM
That diving cunt The Fake Ronaldo

Fixed

j2k4
11-10-2006, 08:36 PM
Barry was superb.

I was pretty young when I saw most of my pro football games/players, but I remember them well.

I secretly have a little Columbian Blue left in me, and always will. :cry:

Then you never saw Earl Campbell, did you?

He was a bad man, like Jim Brown, but eventually broke down physically, primarily from delivering punishment to would-be tacklers.

peat moss
11-11-2006, 04:07 PM

After his playing days he turned in to quite a good actor as well .

j2k4
11-11-2006, 04:32 PM

After his playing days he turned in to quite a good actor as well .

He's also a bit of a humanitarian, and a human being with many personal peccadilloes and weaknesses.

He has a bit of an anger management problem, and doesn't play well with certain others.

speed101
11-30-2006, 04:01 PM
bullet bob hayes for the speed

stealth_SS8
12-05-2006, 12:35 AM
Barry Sanders was the greatest running back to watch. All the speed and agility you could hope for in a single man.

j2k4
12-05-2006, 12:39 AM
Barry Sanders was the greatest running back to watch. All the speed and agility you could hope for in a single man.

If he were a double man, he'd have been twice as elusive, surely. :whistling

Just teasing.

I have very fond memories of Barry; we shared the same birthday, and he was very kind to my son on several occasions.

danill
12-05-2006, 03:13 PM
Are you talking about american football? :)

Cheese
12-05-2006, 04:13 PM
Are you talking about american football? :)

No. We talking about a proper sport, none of that 18-hour-long-matches-100-players-a-team-dressed-in-body-armour-because-they're-girls-advert-break-every-twenty-minutes crap here please.

freddefred
12-05-2006, 04:39 PM
Zinedine Zidane when he was on top. No one has ever been such elegant and beatuiful when he plays as Zidane!

safa
12-06-2006, 08:31 PM
Zidane, in a league of his own!

Jon L. Obscene
12-08-2006, 03:37 AM
Johan Cruyff or Gerd Muller or Eusébio or Bobby Charlton or Pele.

I havn't seen anyone who matches any of them IMO.

Jonno :cool:

snowultra
12-10-2006, 01:34 AM
earl campbell---houston oilers

j2k4
12-10-2006, 02:44 AM
earl campbell---houston oilers

As previously noted, he was a genuinely bad man on the field; he just broke down physically.

I've heard he can barely walk anymore...:(

Colt Seevers
12-10-2006, 03:36 PM
Jimmy Johnstone AKA wee Jinky! No debate.

There I said it. :P

taityisagod
12-10-2006, 05:05 PM
Pele, Marco Van Basten, Franz Beckenbauer, Paolo Maldini, Diego Maradona, Jim Baxter and Bobby Moore are my favourites.

edenbd
12-11-2006, 12:40 PM
Maradona for sure!

Coldo
12-11-2006, 02:10 PM
Ronaldinho, of course

Barbarossa
12-11-2006, 02:12 PM
Actually, I'm the best footballer ever.

I just can't be arsed with all that running about in the cold :dabs:

Tbag
12-12-2006, 01:38 PM
Hagi, Maradona, Ronaldinho

Aaron_T
12-12-2006, 04:35 PM
Me!

ArtOfWar
12-13-2006, 07:32 PM
Maradona is the best individual player ever without a doubt. Napoli were shit when he joined them, but they won the league twice and the uefa cup while he was there. The 86' world cup winning team also wasn't up to much and they would not have won without Maradona. He was a difference maker and could win games by himself.

threelions00
12-18-2006, 04:26 PM
Hard to name an all time great footy player so...

Goalkeeper :Gordan Banks/Pat Jennings
Defender: Sir Bobby Moore
Midfield:So many to choose from so modern day would have to be Franky Boy Lampard!
Striker: Ronaldho (the non diving version aka the Chipmunk one)
Penalty taker: Matt Le Tissier...scored all but one...hit the bloody post...grrr

12-20-2006, 03:01 PM
Zidan is mystery

rockatansky79
12-20-2006, 09:13 PM
of course Ronaldinho who is magician :D

narkies1
12-21-2006, 05:50 PM
benhayoun

kaii
12-22-2006, 10:36 PM
Van Basten is the best in 20's centery