PDA

View Full Version : Ps 3 11/17

Busyman
11-12-2006, 01:09 AM
There are 6 Circuit City stores with midnight launches and one is up the road from me.

They will give vouchers out at 10pm to the first 100 people. The event starts at 8pm.

I already see PS3s on ebay for $1500.

I can't believe the Wii is coming out the same day.:lol:

Hmmmm.

$250 for the Wii or double that for the PS3?

stephend
11-12-2006, 02:38 AM
i was thinking of getting a ps3 but i already have a 360..
ps3 wont be worth it i think...i think its just to excpensive..

unless sony shows us that its not so gay then i will buy it but untill then no..

oh and by thr way the ps3 comes out nov 17
Nintendo wii comes out nov 19..lol

Busyman
11-12-2006, 03:18 AM
i was thinking of getting a ps3 but i already have a 360..
ps3 wont be worth it i think...i think its just to excpensive..

unless sony shows us that its not so gay then i will buy it but untill then no..

oh and by thr way the ps3 comes out nov 17
Nintendo wii comes out nov 19..lol

Oh I'm trying to get at least 3 PS3s for ebay. I'll sell them all.

mr. nails
11-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Oh I'm trying to get at least 3 PS3s for ebay. I'll sell them all.

make sure u read ebays new policy on the selling of new consoles...

Delorean
11-12-2006, 11:20 PM
Whats the new Policy?

Busyman
11-13-2006, 12:07 AM
Whats the new Policy?

The policy is only for pre-sale of the PS3.

One could get past this by simply listing the item on 11/17.

1. Only one of each console can be listed per eBay account prior to the launch of the console (PS3 is expected to be available on 11/17/06, Wii on 11/19/06).

2. The seller must only accept payment through PayPal,

3. and have at least 50 feedback with a 98% or greater positive rating so that they qualify for PayPal Buyer Protection.

4. The pre-sale item must be listed in the 3, 5, 7 or 10-day formats, and cannot use Buy It Now.

5. The listing must include a photo of your pre-order receipt in the description.

Skiz
11-13-2006, 12:28 AM
Whats the new Policy?

1. Only one of each console can be listed per eBay account prior to the launch of the console (PS3 is expected to be available on 11/17/06, Wii on 11/19/06).

3. and have at least 50 feedback with a 98% or greater positive rating so that they qualify for PayPal Buyer Protection.

4. The pre-sale item must be listed in the 3, 5, 7 or 10-day formats, and cannot use Buy It Now.

5. The listing must include a photo of your pre-order receipt in the description.

As you may remember from last year, I bought 3 XBox 360's and sold them online for quite a large profit. I'm doing the same this year with the PS3, but it's going to be much harder to obtain them.

I've already got my plan down though, and I'm spending almost all the money I have ($5,000) I've gone around and done the research for which store I'm going to buy from. Since the stores are limiting sales of one PS3 per customer, I'm hiring day laborers to camp out starting on Wednesday for $100 per person per day. On Friday morning, I'm going to the store prior to the opening and giving each "employee" the right amount of money to buy the console. When they exit the store, I'll be out front to exchange the PS3 for their $200. I'll have a friend in another car in case one of them decides to run or something. :pinch:

Should be a good venture, but it has really been a job doing all the research.

tesco
11-13-2006, 12:35 AM

As you may remember from last year, I bought 3 XBox 360's and sold them online for quite a large profit. I'm doing the same this year with the PS3, but it's going to be much harder to obtain them.

I've already got my plan down though, and I'm spending almost all the money I have ($5,000) I've gone around and done the research for which store I'm going to buy from. Since the stores are limiting sales of one PS3 per customer, I'm hiring day laborers to camp out starting on Wednesday for $100 per person per day. On Friday morning, I'm going to the store prior to the opening and giving each "employee" the right amount of money to buy the console. When they exit the store, I'll be out front to exchange the PS3 for their $200. I'll have a friend in another car in case one of them decides to run or something. :pinch:

Should be a good venture, but it has really been a job doing all the research.
How much profit are you planning to make with all that effort?:O

Skiz
11-13-2006, 12:46 AM

As BM said up top, they are already going for $1500 on eBay, and that number will climb after the release when there are none to be had and XMas approaches.

If I buy only the 60GB ones at $599 ($650 after tax), I can buy 7 of them. If I sell all of those for only $1500/piece, I'll profit $9,100. :D

If I buy the 20GB ones at $499 ($530 after tax), I can buy 9 of them, giving me around $11,000-$12,000. :D

It's going to be nice though.

Busyman
11-13-2006, 01:00 AM

As BM said up top, they are already going for $1500 on eBay, and that number will climb after the release when there are none to be had and XMas approaches.

If I buy only the 60GB ones at $599 ($650 after tax), I can buy 7 of them. If I sell all of those for only $1500/piece, I'll profit $9,100. :D

If I buy the 20GB ones at $499 ($530 after tax), I can buy 9 of them, giving me around $11,000-$12,000. :D

It's going to be nice though.

Yeah 360 ebay sales went strong almost 2 months after launch.

This weekend should clear out alotta debt, that and I still have 2 years of tax refunds coming.:naughty:

GepperRankins
11-13-2006, 03:47 AM
you guys better keep one of those ps3s for yourselves. it will be months before they're freely available, and motorstorm looks tits :01:

Busyman
11-13-2006, 05:10 AM
If I get 15, I'll sell them all.

I don't care about games so much that I'd "lose" a grand to play video games.

Priorities.

Have a new game system

or

Have a $1000 profit

I can get a PS3 when the demand for it isn't $1600.

Skiz
11-13-2006, 06:20 AM

Priorities.

Have a new game system

or

Have a $1000 profit

I agree with the selling part, but I thought you were buying 3, not 15? :huh:

...or do you mean 1500?

Busyman
11-13-2006, 11:29 PM

Priorities.

Have a new game system

or

Have a $1000 profit

I agree with the selling part, but I thought you were buying 3, not 15? :huh:

...or do you mean 1500?

I'm buying as many as I can and keeping none.

Adster
11-14-2006, 12:03 AM
I'm trying to bid on EBAY a Hong Kong PAL version seeing it comes out in March here a real pain ..

allegedly the games are suppose to be region free ??can anyone confirm this ? so I could import a NTSC if I wanted to ?

cyadron
11-14-2006, 12:24 PM
I can't believe the ps3 revolution is begining. I wonder how much it takes until it will be hacked ;)

Skiz
11-14-2006, 01:11 PM
I can't believe the ps3 revolution is begining. I wonder how much it takes until it will be hacked ;)

When it does, muhahaha.... :shifty:

Skillian
11-14-2006, 08:54 PM
I can't say I blame you guys, and if I could make that money I might well do the same thing, but it's a really shitty thing to do to real games fans.

Its the same thinking that means I have to pay £150 just to go and see my local football team.

GepperRankins
11-14-2006, 09:45 PM
I'm trying to bid on EBAY a Hong Kong PAL version seeing it comes out in March here a real pain ..

allegedly the games are suppose to be region free ??can anyone confirm this ? so I could import a NTSC if I wanted to ?
i wouldn't risk it. sony just shut lik-sang down because they were letting people import stuff. any PS3 will probably work on any telly now, but they probably aren't happy about it

Busyman
11-14-2006, 10:55 PM
I can't say I blame you guys, and if I could make that money I might well do the same thing, but it's a really shitty thing to do to real games fans.

Its the same thinking that means I have to pay £150 just to go and see my local football team.

Not really and fuck "real games fans".

If their priorities are to be first with a PS3 then they should set their priorities lower and find something else to do....like play Xbox 360.:shifty:

Adster
11-15-2006, 12:40 AM

i wouldn't risk it. sony just shut lik-sang down because they were letting people import stuff. any PS3 will probably work on any telly now, but they probably aren't happy about it

has nothing to do with the telly.. its the system itself if it plays PAL games on a NTSC system

why the fuck are sony so pissed off anyway its not as if they lose money from me importing it in fact they get more $$$ and lose more if I dont

GepperRankins
11-15-2006, 01:17 AM

has nothing to do with the telly.. its the system itself if it plays PAL games on a NTSC system

why the fuck are sony so pissed off anyway its not as if they lose money from me importing it in fact they get more $$$ and lose more if I dont
the region locks used to be a technical thing because PAL stuff ran at 50mhz and NTSC ran at 60mhz. nowadays most TVs in PAL regions can do 60mhz and because consoles can do VGA and DVI, they can't be lazy about video outputs like they used to so region locks are optional.

I know for example that nintendo put region locks in the wii but so far developers have chosen to disable them because they're not total cunts.

according to maddox (http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=sony_bullshit), sony have already sued an importers. they even said it's because it's harder to exploit the hype

accat13
11-15-2006, 10:14 PM
The wife works for a retailer..They pre sold some ps3's....I've heard that they will not be receiving there full initial order...Some people who pre ordered will not be receiving there ps3 on the 17'th...I wonder if we will here more stories like this.....stay tuned for the first day frenzy...

Skillian
11-16-2006, 09:45 AM
Good news for the scalpers: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=69998

US PS3 shipments halved? Ahead of the launch of the PlayStation 3 in the US, Lazard Capital Markets believes Sony will only be able to ship between 150,000 and 200,000 units to retail shelves.

Not so good news for the scalpers: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=70036

According to an Associated Press report, the online auction company has limited PS3 pre-order sales to individuals with at least 50 auctions behind them and 98 percent positive feedback.

Not only that, but anybody flogging one before Friday will need to include a photo of the pre-order receipt and guarantee shipment within 30 days of the date of purchase. What's more, they have to be listed as auctions rather than "buy it now" items that allow people to purchase instantly.

Busyman™
11-16-2006, 08:33 PM
Good news for the scalpers: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=69998

Not so good news for the scalpers: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=70036

According to an Associated Press report, the online auction company has limited PS3 pre-order sales to individuals with at least 50 auctions behind them and 98 percent positive feedback.

Not only that, but anybody flogging one before Friday will need to include a photo of the pre-order receipt and guarantee shipment within 30 days of the date of purchase. What's more, they have to be listed as auctions rather than "buy it now" items that allow people to purchase instantly.

We already know. Post #6.

I'm getting mine tonight so all o dat won't matter.

--------------

At the Rockville, MD Circuit City store (one of 6 to open at midnight), folks have been outside since Tuesday.

Although they are in tents there is a huge fucking storm going on right now.

Ahhh but they'll be able to play a new game on an overpriced system.. :crazy:

Skillian
11-16-2006, 11:31 PM
folks have been outside since Tuesday.

OMFG :blink:

That's a long time to wait.

Busyman™
11-17-2006, 02:57 AM
folks have been outside since Tuesday.

OMFG :blink:

That's a long time to wait.

Especially since the weather went fuck-all today.

It was raining hard as shit.

matt526
11-17-2006, 03:57 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/PLAYSTATION-3-PS3-60GB-PRE-SALE-SHIPS-OVERNIGHT-11-17_W0QQitemZ140052208802QQihZ004QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190051710035&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=009
Winning bid: US $15,100.00
Ended: Nov-17-06 08:00:00 PST
Shipping costs:
FREE
US Postal Service Priority Mail®
Service to United States
(more services)
Ships to: Worldwide
Item location: Houston, Texas, United States
History: 73 bids
Winning bidder: bid_boy_walshey( 42Feedback score is 10 to 49)
You can also: Email to a friend | Sell one like this
THIS IS JUST CRAZY:wacko:

Skillian
11-17-2006, 04:28 PM

I assume that's just people trying to disrupt the auction and cause trouble for scalpers. I don't think that seller will be seeing the money.

Skiz
11-17-2006, 05:26 PM
I would be pissed if that was my auction. I'd report them as non buyers and have them booted from eBay.

The other one was $44K.

PS - I had several of my employees not show up this morning due to oversleeping. They called me too late. I had planned on getting 8 playstations, but only got 3. :(

Better than nothing. :)

fz_shurtugal
11-17-2006, 06:11 PM
They're almost impossible to get.......hopeless.......especially for me........

Mike Nelson
11-17-2006, 06:26 PM

I assume that's just people trying to disrupt the auction and cause trouble for scalpers. I don't think that seller will be seeing the money.

What a shame. :lol:

"Scalpers" are the scum of the Earth.

Skillian
11-17-2006, 07:14 PM
Indeed. It's a nice way for gamers to get their own back in a small way.

matt526
11-17-2006, 07:19 PM
I went to BestBuy on my lunch break today and played a little bit of NBA LIVE 07
on the PS3, and I have to say the graphics on the PS3 looked a lot better then the Xbox 360 sitting right next it. I was quit impressed with the PS3, maybe not $600 impressed but impressed nun the less

Cheese
11-17-2006, 07:34 PM

Futile and petty, just the way I like it.

Though PS3 sellers will be the number one target for "ebay scammers". I daresay a few will get ripped off and be down a PS3 and the $600 it costs for the console.

Skiz
11-17-2006, 07:45 PM

Though PS3 sellers will be the number one target for "ebay scammers". I daresay a few will get ripped off and be down a PS3 and the $600 it costs for the console.

That's where eBay has really stepped up their security though. The sellers must show proof of their purchase by showing a photo of their receipt, and purchases can only be made through PayPal. If the person does get scammed by say, someone posting someone else's receipt, PayPal will refund their money as they guarantee every purchase, and go after the seller.

Now, if you're dumb enough to disregard these rules which are required to be posted on each PS3 auction, then that's your own damn fault.

Skillian
11-17-2006, 07:49 PM
I think he's saying the seller will be ripped off, not the buyer.

Though I don't know quite how you'd do that, or I might give it a go myself :shifty:

Cheese
11-17-2006, 08:02 PM

That's where eBay has really stepped up their security though. The sellers must show proof of their purchase by showing a photo of their receipt, and purchases can only be made through PayPal. If the person does get scammed by say, someone posting someone else's receipt, PayPal will refund their money as they guarantee every purchase, and go after the seller.

Now, if you're dumb enough to disregard these rules which are required to be posted on each PS3 auction, then that's your own damn fault.

As Skillian points out, I meant the other way round.

Cheese
11-17-2006, 08:44 PM
The cruelest speculation is that the launch figure is something like half of what was promised - 150,000 to 200,000 units (http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4205&Itemid=2), says one analyst. I am not an analyst, but when I scour the launch list for a reason to wait outside for days in a fucking line, no klaxons sound and no lights begin to blink or flash. Motorstorm and Lair - the games that really sold people the system at this year's Tokyo Game Show - are nowhere to be seen. There are, of course, those distant ultrabrands - the ones that start with Metal and Final - but buying a system at today's prices, under today's conditions is on that basis is... unwise. Unwise is the diplomatic word I have chosen.

The launch is full of... Well, Launch Titles. It sounds like Insomniac did what Insomniac does (http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages4/928399.asp) - deliver spit-polished hits. Past that, you've got Genji (rank (http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/929232.asp)), Untold Legends (just... no (http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/932329.asp)) and Gundam (daemonic (http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3155336)). Everything else is something that

(a) already came out, and
(b) most likely runs better or has more features on existing equipment (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/11/17). Seriously, read the reviews.

This is beyond insulting. This is beyond ridiculous. It is farcical.

With the Playstation 2, we ascribed the spotty launch supply to monstrous intent. We were young men, though, and young men often feel the weight of unaccountable oppressors bearing down on them. Speaking today, it seems clear to me that Sony would not want to launch under these conditions if they had any choice in the matter. Not with this anemic supply, now reaped by speculators. Not with these titles. But they have done it, singing all the while (http://blog.wired.com/games/2006/11/scea_vp_on_back.html), making a stupid pageant of the whole affair with their petty sniping. Well, you have not succeeded, not at anything laudable. You've kept young people in out in the elements for days through your ineptitude, this is true, but that is worth negapoints - a reverse scoring method exclusively for jackasses that starts at zero, and actually goes down from there.

(CW)TB out.
Source (http://www.penny-arcade.com/)

Busyman™
11-17-2006, 11:06 PM
I went to BestBuy on my lunch break today and played a little bit of NBA LIVE 07
on the PS3, and I have to say the graphics on the PS3 looked a lot better then the Xbox 360 sitting right next it. I was quit impressed with the PS3, maybe not $600 impressed but impressed nun the less

Live '07 sucks ass.

Wtf is the code to turn off the anti-gravity in the game.

Horrible.:angry:

Busyman™
11-17-2006, 11:12 PM
I think he's saying the seller will be ripped off, not the buyer.

Though I don't know quite how you'd do that, or I might give it a go myself :shifty:

Yeah I have the buyer's money, I'm not being ripped off.

Now the seller could claim he never received the good when he actually did but that's why there are shipping options to prevent fraud.

Cheese
11-18-2006, 12:32 PM
http://regmedia.co.uk/2006/11/17/ps3_ebay_madness_1.png

Someone - fool, twit, dunderheard, call them what you will - has apparently agreed to pay more than $89m for a 60GB PlayStation 3. At least he or she doesn't have to pay the shipping cost - the seller is generously including UPS delivery in the price.
The console, which the seller pre-ordered in October after queuing outside an EB Games store in New York. He or she paid in full - the console comes with a receipt apparently - and was promised to be sent a brand spanking new PS3 this morning.

The console attracted 58 bids during the online auction's run. The winning bidder beat the previous one by $100, but when the previous bid was $89m, how's counting. The seller asked for the money to be sent via PayPal.
Unsurprisingly, while we were researching this story, we refreshed the page on eBay that details the auction only to have it replaced with a "This listing has been removed or is no longer available" message, suggesting the online auction house may very well have decided to put a stop to this silliness. A sanction which many bidders were taking as read, we suspect.
We hope so - or someone in the US is going to have to take out a very hefty mortgage to pay for that console...Source (http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/11/17/ebayer_bids_89m_for_ps3/)

GepperRankins
11-19-2006, 12:39 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=15168&type=wmv

someone seems to have stolen the particle effects and shaders out of the final release of motorstorm. who'd have thunk it?

Busyman™
11-19-2006, 05:33 PM
When I played Motorstorm, the fucking game froze up like crazy.

Still....

Motorstorm>Excite Truck

Skillian
11-19-2006, 07:17 PM
Played anything else Busy? What do you think?

GepperRankins
11-20-2006, 02:17 AM
When I played Motorstorm, the fucking game froze up like crazy.

Still....

Motorstorm>Excite Truck
no doubt.

but sony always lie about the graphics. that video looks like the game would get a 7/10 for graphics, on xbox360

Adster
11-21-2006, 04:33 AM
http://regmedia.co.uk/2006/11/17/ps3_ebay_madness_1.png

Someone - fool, twit, dunderheard, call them what you will - has apparently agreed to pay more than $89m for a 60GB PlayStation 3. At least he or she doesn't have to pay the shipping cost - the seller is generously including UPS delivery in the price.
The console, which the seller pre-ordered in October after queuing outside an EB Games store in New York. He or she paid in full - the console comes with a receipt apparently - and was promised to be sent a brand spanking new PS3 this morning.

The console attracted 58 bids during the online auction's run. The winning bidder beat the previous one by $100, but when the previous bid was $89m, how's counting. The seller asked for the money to be sent via PayPal.
Unsurprisingly, while we were researching this story, we refreshed the page on eBay that details the auction only to have it replaced with a "This listing has been removed or is no longer available" message, suggesting the online auction house may very well have decided to put a stop to this silliness. A sanction which many bidders were taking as read, we suspect.
We hope so - or someone in the US is going to have to take out a very hefty mortgage to pay for that console...Source (http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/11/17/ebayer_bids_89m_for_ps3/)

lmao

Skillz808
11-23-2006, 12:26 AM
Lmao that is f***ing crazy. If those bids are real which i doubt and some fools just wanted to mess around lol they are crazy.