PDA

View Full Version : Internet explorer v7 good or bad

The_Hunter
11-13-2006, 02:31 AM
Internet Explorer v7 do you recommend it or is Internet Explorer v6 better

Hairbautt
11-14-2006, 02:47 AM
I recommend it, easier browsing if you ask me with the tabs.

Skiz
11-14-2006, 02:50 AM
I like it, but I still don't like tabs. I never enabled that and never will.

If you don't like the Menu in the second level and want it up top like it was in IE6, go here: http://www.snapfiles.com/get/ie7menutoptweak.html

Hairbautt
11-14-2006, 02:55 AM
If you don't like the Menu in the second level and want it up top like it was in IE6, go here: http://www.snapfiles.com/get/ie7menutoptweak.html
1. First, no tabs? Wow. :mellow: Old school.
2. Second, why? Seriously, why would you have the menu bar shown at all when it's covered in the Tab Area (disabled tabs? read #1).:dabs:

Anyways, I like the new UI. Especially when its "streamlined" :naughty:

AndrewBarker
11-14-2006, 03:12 AM
Agrees with Hairbautt, I like it

Skiz
11-14-2006, 03:15 AM
1. First, no tabs? Wow. :mellow: Old school.
2. Second, why? Seriously, why would you have the menu bar shown at all when it's covered in the Tab Area (disabled tabs? read #1).:dabs:

Anyways, I like the new UI. Especially when its "streamlined" :naughty:

Why? Why not? Does it matter? It's just the way I like it. That's the way I've always had it and I like that setup and see no need to change it. It's not like it has disadvantages, it's just the UI that I'm used to. ;)

And as far as the tabs are concerned, I've never really seen what the big deal is. It's just like having your taskbar up top. Big deal. :wank:

Skiz
11-14-2006, 03:15 AM
Agrees with Hairbautt, I like it

As do I. I just don't utilize the tabs.

inkmaker23
11-14-2006, 04:10 AM
After 1 week of IE7: Web pages load faster
Cleaner, easier to read
Convenient zoom button lower right
Only negative: MusicMatch Jukebox wont open, using Media Player until they
come up with a patch.
Best of all, can be uninstalled and reverts to IE6 (control panel>add remove>
Windows Internet Explorer7 ..... NOT Microsoft IE7 or just IE7)

zapjb
11-14-2006, 05:08 AM
IE7 is now my 4th most used browser.
Opera 9.02 99%
FF2 <1%
Maxthon (IE7 shell) only for Windows Update
IE7 Never :)

Hairbautt
11-14-2006, 06:31 AM
IE7 is now my 4th most used browser.
Opera 9.02 99%
FF2 <1%
Maxthon (IE7 shell) only for Windows Update
IE7 Never :)
:ermm: That's a uhhh...Interesting set of...uhhh...browsers you got there. :lookaroun

Mike Nelson
11-14-2006, 09:28 AM
IE7 is great for what I need it to do, grab the latest version of Firefox when I've done a fresh install...

Sniping_G
11-15-2006, 12:15 AM
i really like IE7 first i hated tabs and i got used to it and now i love them,after u use IE7 for a month you will think how did i ever use IE6

eCh
11-16-2006, 03:03 PM

hey nice tweak, love it. thanks for sharing! :whistling

Skiz
11-16-2006, 05:33 PM

hey nice tweak, love it. thanks for sharing! :whistling

That's what it's all about. :happy:

gustafo
11-17-2006, 02:47 PM
I personally recommend it - better than 6 (but i'll stick to FF anyway :) )

Siddharth1
11-17-2006, 07:04 PM
IE 7 is better that IE 6 but then again firefox is firefox.... go for FIREFOX..!!

Skiz
11-17-2006, 07:08 PM
Fuck FF. The UI sucks ass.

Hairbautt
11-17-2006, 07:18 PM
IE 7 is better that IE 6 but then again firefox is firefox.... go for FIREFOX..!!
Firefox, can burn die and goto hell and burn again. :angry:

Ok, but no seriously...Firefox is for the internet-addict where the normal user really doesn't need or probably want to use Firefox. One browser is enough, and M$ is still the leading ruler who sets the standard (however low it maybe to the "awesome" power of Firefox).

Besides...:ermm: Why do people need all that "extra security"? What the hell sites are some of ya'll visiting? IE7 pays my bills, manages my accounts, and buys me stuff safely. :01:

Skiz
11-17-2006, 07:37 PM
Firefox, can burn die and goto hell and burn again. :angry:

Ok, but no seriously...Firefox is for the internet-addict where the normal user really doesn't need or probably want to use Firefox. One browser is enough, and M$ is still the leading ruler who sets the standard (however low it maybe to the "awesome" power of Firefox).

Besides...:ermm: Why do people need all that "extra security"? What the hell sites are some of ya'll visiting? IE7 pays my bills, manages my accounts, and buys me stuff safely. :01:

Those are the same questions I ask when I make similar comments, but they are never answered. I think there are plenty of people that genuinely like the FF UI, and that's fine - to each his own. But whenever I hear comments like the one above or FF RuLZ!11 IE SuCKSRorZ!!1!!, the only thing I can think of is, you poor pathetic sheep, you. :noes: